Verified:

Darrian Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 2:57:37

Do NOT mix well lol

Been very busy for law, fire and ems down here.
~bad as i wanna be~

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:00:39

i saw some footage of massive traffic accidents in.. i think it was alabama.. it did not look pleasant

at least in toronto we're kind of maybe a little used to it.. but bitter cold and more snow fell this year than the last three combined.. it's been [a frozen] hell and i can not wait for spring :(

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:00:54

Agreed, even snowed here in fl
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:01:22

hi, seminole :P

Darrian Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:01:55

It was horrible. Even here where I live in south Mississippi there was several tie ups and major wrecks.
~bad as i wanna be~

Hammer Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:53:27

SE Alabama for me, and yes, it gets a little crazy when it snows. Everyone flocks to the grocery stores and gas pumps like it is going to last for a few months. The milk and bread racks will be empty. Funny how a little snow begins a milk and bread craving.

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 3:57:44

pot generally does it for me on both accounts, hammer :P

Trife Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 4:16:27

This is from reddit...

What snow does to Birmingham, Alabama - http://imgur.com/a/woBtl

Also,

If There Was Another US Civil War, These Would be The North's Most Effective Weapons - http://i.imgur.com/ON7a3NN.jpg

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 30th 2014, 5:02:10

Originally posted by Trife:
This is from reddit...

What snow does to Birmingham, Alabama - http://imgur.com/a/woBtl

Also,

If There Was Another US Civil War, These Would be The North's Most Effective Weapons - http://i.imgur.com/ON7a3NN.jpg

You been needing an earthquake lately Trife? :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Hammer Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 5:04:57

Originally posted by braden:
pot generally does it for me on both accounts, hammer :P

Yep, a better substitute no doubt.

Viceroy Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 5:15:03

As a native Texan, let me say that we rarely ever have problems with snow. We rarely get snow (or *only* snow, at any rate).

Ice, on the other, hand makes us lose our fluffing minds...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 5:21:08

um, you'll excuse his lack of accent, but he did indeed mean " as a native TEHAN.."

i mean, odn't even get me started on them there caly'forn'i'ans

Viceroy Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 5:22:43

How did you know where I live. Get outs me head!!! z0MG!!!

And I apologize, my previous post should have read "Native Tejano"
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

braden Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 5:37:05

touche, good sir, touche ;)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 6:55:38

Originally posted by Trife:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

valky2 Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 12:39:32

been like -30C here for 6 weeks now you southerners dont know what cold and snow are

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Jan 30th 2014, 14:01:23

honestly, if you guys are going to keep ripping on the south's inability to deal with ice, then i'm going to start digging up all the stories of non-south closing schools because OMG 90 HOT OMG OMMG HOT

:)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 30th 2014, 16:41:18

Originally posted by Azz Kikr:
honestly, if you guys are going to keep ripping on the south's inability to deal with ice, then i'm going to start digging up all the stories of non-south closing schools because OMG 90 HOT OMG OMMG HOT

this!

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Darrian Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 16:46:30

That's right. Northerners fuss about heat. You have no clue what heat is like we don't know cold.

Let's not forget your rain storms......*cough Katrina cough*
~bad as i wanna be~

Viceroy Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 18:35:07

I would love to see stats comparing heat-related deaths to cold-related deaths right about now...

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 18:38:02

Wait... they close school due to heat?!?!? For reals? Pansies.
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Patience Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 19:02:13

Here's a little something I posted on galleri's timeline that I think fits here:

Ya know... I'm the first one to poke a little fun at you guys when the entire country shuts down because it drops below zero, or a little snow falls... but I completely get it. I don't get it because I believe what you say, or because I watch the news - I get it because I lived in England, and I distinctly remember the first time the roads froze. I remember the arrogance with which I got behind the wheel. I remember spouting expletives at the hat-wearing old man in front of me, crawling along the North Walsham road at 5 mph. I remember how, with all my winter driving experience and accompanying arrogance, I finally reached a passing place... and immediately spun out onto the verge, because winter driving in Canada and winter driving in England (or any other place unaccustomed to regular freezing and snowfall) are entirely different things.

Roads created to deal with rain, and which have never seen salt, are NOT a surface you want to be driving on when it freezes. Without a word of exaggeration I can tell you that it's like driving on BUTTER with a top layer of motor oil. There is no amount of winter driving experience (except maybe the whole 'steer in the direction of the skid' thing) that will help you on roads like that. And THAT, my friends, is what the south is facing - except that they have ZERO winter driving experience in most cases. So I hope my friends understand that, while I do like to poke fun, I do get it - and I feel for ya.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 30th 2014, 19:11:06

Originally posted by Patience:
Here's a little something I posted on galleri's timeline that I think fits here:

Ya know... I'm the first one to poke a little fun at you guys when the entire country shuts down because it drops below zero, or a little snow falls... but I completely get it. I don't get it because I believe what you say, or because I watch the news - I get it because I lived in England, and I distinctly remember the first time the roads froze. I remember the arrogance with which I got behind the wheel. I remember spouting expletives at the hat-wearing old man in front of me, crawling along the North Walsham road at 5 mph. I remember how, with all my winter driving experience and accompanying arrogance, I finally reached a passing place... and immediately spun out onto the verge, because winter driving in Canada and winter driving in England (or any other place unaccustomed to regular freezing and snowfall) are entirely different things.

Roads created to deal with rain, and which have never seen salt, are NOT a surface you want to be driving on when it freezes. Without a word of exaggeration I can tell you that it's like driving on BUTTER with a top layer of motor oil. There is no amount of winter driving experience (except maybe the whole 'steer in the direction of the skid' thing) that will help you on roads like that. And THAT, my friends, is what the south is facing - except that they have ZERO winter driving experience in most cases. So I hope my friends understand that, while I do like to poke fun, I do get it - and I feel for ya.

And then we had to deal with my brother and marco argument. LOL

Junky Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 19:19:17

Silly Southerners :-P snows 3 centimeters and you wreck and cause pile-ups :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 19:46:37

Originally posted by galleri:

this!

I LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

blid

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 20:22:33

I dont recall anyone closing because of 90 degree heat. Also closing places doesn't approach being stranded on the road for 48 hours or whatever. What I don't understand is, they never get snow and aren't able to handle it, so why the heck were they all out driving, in school, etc. to begin with? Why weren't they closed?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 30th 2014, 20:28:53

Originally posted by blid:

I dont recall anyone closing because of 90 degree heat. Also closing places doesn't approach being stranded on the road for 48 hours or whatever. What I don't understand is, they never get snow and aren't able to handle it, so why the heck were they all out driving, in school, etc. to begin with? Why weren't they closed?

National Weather Service forecasted it to be only down south of Atlanta, starting where I live and might be a light dusting in Atlanta, while 1 local meteorologist said a different tune, due to all the models showing it would hit Atlanta too, the government and I guess everyone else listened to the NWS and TWC . The state government claims they sent all resources down to where the NWS claimed it would be the heaviest.
I in meantime claimed it would be more than they said. But who the hell am I?! :P

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 30th 2014, 20:29:57

P.S. when storm did hit the area it came on pretty quickly.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 30th 2014, 20:35:14

One last thing I will add.... they did say when the storm was going to hit where I lived it would start at 3pm. It started WAY earlier than 3pm. I got to work at 10am and it was starting. Which me and coworker were discussing the night before why the hell they closed schools in our area for the day, when the storm was hitting until 3. Guess it was good they did close them here lol

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 30th 2014, 20:41:52

Ah here is the video of the Governor talking about the NWS and "some" local meteorologists
http://bcove.me/fkgt9uu3

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 30th 2014, 20:59:14

And with final words I leave you with this picture :)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/...55054216_1261964828_n.jpg

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 30th 2014, 21:03:08

Stop spamming, galleri.... :p
(•_•)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 30th 2014, 21:10:31

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Stop spamming, galleri.... :p
Nooooo. Ok it is naptime for me anyhow!

Junky Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 21:14:27

hows Basketball going for you guys? :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Vic Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 22:28:00

2 inches of snow absolutely crippled Atlanta. 16 hours of traffic and so many abandoned cars!
the best was the mayor and governor blaming forecasters.
one of those bozos said 'well the forecasters only predicated a dusting or light accumulation'

2 inches is only a dusting lol

it's never a good look for the governor to be blaming weather forecasters

Edited By: Vic on Jan 30th 2014, 22:38:40

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 30th 2014, 22:38:55

Originally posted by Junky:
hows Basketball going for you guys? :-P

University of Arizona is doing great! Thanks for asking!

mrford Game profile

Jan 30th 2014, 22:43:03

only flufftards would compare snow where there is infrastructure to handle it, and snow where there is zero infrastructure to handle it.

people, in some of these places, there wernt ANY plows or salt trucks. literally. your logic is the same people use with east coast earthquakes, or northern hurricanes. quit being all high and mighty, and use your brain for a bit. just because you are used to it, and your municipalities have the tools to deal with it, doesnt mean the rest of the world is the same. i think someone else here mentioned even the road composition is different from state to state based on climate and geography. would you make fun of a building that fell down in an earthquake because it wasnt earthquake proof? yet you would do the same for states and counties that arnt prepared for snow? familiarity doesnt equal superiority. keep that in mind.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 30th 2014, 22:45:07

I agree with Vic lol.... =/
Finally did the signature thing.

Buch Game profile

Jan 31st 2014, 14:19:17

Originally posted by mrford:
only flufftards would compare snow where there is infrastructure to handle it, and snow where there is zero infrastructure to handle it.

people, in some of these places, there wernt ANY plows or salt trucks. literally. your logic is the same people use with east coast earthquakes, or northern hurricanes. quit being all high and mighty, and use your brain for a bit. just because you are used to it, and your municipalities have the tools to deal with it, doesnt mean the rest of the world is the same. i think someone else here mentioned even the road composition is different from state to state based on climate and geography. would you make fun of a building that fell down in an earthquake because it wasnt earthquake proof? yet you would do the same for states and counties that arnt prepared for snow? familiarity doesnt equal superiority. keep that in mind.

Having plows and salt has nothing to do with it I make it to work just fine BEFORE the plows are out its called driving for the conditions steady and slow no erattic movements and what ever you do more important then anything else brakes are your worst enemy on ice

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Jan 31st 2014, 14:40:14

Originally posted by Buch:

Having plows and salt has nothing to do with it I make it to work just fine BEFORE the plows are out its called driving for the conditions steady and slow no erattic movements and what ever you do more important then anything else brakes are your worst enemy on ice

having plows and salt has plenty to do with it. it'd alleviate some of the problems of
a) roads not designed for icy conditions
b) tires not designed for icy conditions (all weather tires never means *all* weather)
c) people not taught how to drive in icy conditions
d) type-a asshole drivers

and vic, don't you claim to be from marietta or roswell or something? you should know as well as the rest of us that have spent time in/around atlanta that 2 inches of snow is the normal accumulation from like 8 years :P

Buch Game profile

Jan 31st 2014, 14:48:33

1.no road is better then the other.....of they are both covered in ice they are covers in ice our ice is the same as yours
2.I know very few people that switch to winter tires... which again don't help on ice (unless you have studded tires but those are illegal here in MN) the only thing that helps you on ice is going slow
3. C and d are 100% of your problem every accident we have here due to snow/ice is because an idiot is going to fast.... and we always have lots of accidents here 1st snow/ice because people forget how to drive on it

Oh and I imagine alot of people were scared out if their minds have never drove on it

Edited By: Buch on Jan 31st 2014, 14:52:46
See Original Post

Patience Game profile

Jan 31st 2014, 19:57:26

Originally posted by Buch:
1.no road is better then the other.....of they are both covered in ice they are covers in ice our ice is the same as yours
2.I know very few people that switch to winter tires... which again don't help on ice (unless you have studded tires but those are illegal here in MN) the only thing that helps you on ice is going slow
3. C and d are 100% of your problem every accident we have here due to snow/ice is because an idiot is going to fast.... and we always have lots of accidents here 1st snow/ice because people forget how to drive on it

Oh and I imagine alot of people were scared out if their minds have never drove on it

Wow. You need to read my post above. :p Roads are COMPLETELY different. Roads which have been regularly salted/sanded do not react to ice and snow in remotely the same way as roads which HAVE been treated. Add to that the complete lack of winter tires and winter driving experience, and you've got a disaster on your hands.

You're even more arrogant about it than I was when I spun off the road at 5 mph. :p Let's hope you never end up driving in Atlanta in the snow... you'll bloody KILL someone. lol
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 31st 2014, 20:27:38

a. some roads are worse than others - those designed with a higher degree of camber (curvature to stop crossing into oncoming traffic / channel rain to the side) = lethal in ice and snow
b. chains are a little help, if they're allowed - AND - one knows how to drive with them
c. see above
d. assholes - nothing can be done about them

a non-automatic box car with nice, tight suspension and fluff-hot road holding makes all of the above much simpler, including getting out of the way of - 1. everyone that has never driven on it before, 2. failure of any of the above and 3. assholes ... a grenade launcher would also work for those as well :P

and we just KNOW that Buch would cause a pileup, don't we ! ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Buch Game profile

Jan 31st 2014, 20:36:01

Haha your funny how do your roads compare to driving on a lake. Like a road on pure fresh water lake ice :p

Its all experience not your roads not putting you down just stating its not the roads
The only place they salt the roads here is usually intersections counties don't have near enough salt to do that so after ice the roads stay fluffty till the sun gets enough power so they can scrape it off

Guarantee you will go in the ditch just as easy in a Minnesota ice storm as a Georgia ice storm

And no I wouldn't kill anyone I know how to drive on ice...... slow

And if you went in the ditch at 5mph I bet you started to slide a bit panicked and hit the breaks to hard am I right?

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Jan 31st 2014, 20:36:22

The biggest problem was it begin earlier then expected and then everybody got on the roads at the same time. lets take the snow and ice out of the equation. If everybody in Atlanta was told to go home from work were closing the city at the same time you would have a bunch of accidents and traffic jams to begin with. Then add the ice and snow and you have a disaster.

mrford Game profile

Jan 31st 2014, 22:55:10

it is called a road crown akula. not camber! and it makes cars a fluff to align.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Angel1 Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 1:28:08

In my local area: on the plus side, people started realizing pretty quickly that the local weather people got it wrong again. On the negative side, people realized this at just about the same time as everyone else. Government agencies, schools, and businesses began closing at the same time. Instant traffic jam in slick conditions = Chattanooga police reporting 132 traffic accidents by 3pm. That was just Chattanooga. As for me, I had Tues/Weds off work anyway and so they didn't even call me to see if I could make it in to work to relieve anyone else that couldn't get to work. I live the furthest away and on a mountain.
-Angel1

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 3:33:14

Some random things to consider:

It is silly to believe that a road made of material that could handle -50 degrees Fahrenheit with snow and ice could also withstand the punishment of temperatures in excess of 120 with 100% humidity.

It was quite common in Omaha to see people who would attach plows to the front of their pickups to help clear the residential areas earlier. You aren't seeing that in Georgia.

And for what it's worth, I rarely felt unsafe driving in snowstorms in Nebraska, as long as I slowed down. Anything resembling even mere sleet in Texas still scares the fluffens out of me, even when I'm parked.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 1st 2014, 3:59:07

Put your automatic transmission in 1st gear. People drive just as badly in NS by the way. They zoom across ice and snow like they are invincible.

braden Game profile

Feb 1st 2014, 4:15:03

"It was quite common in Omaha to see people who would attach plows to the front of their pickups to help clear the residential areas earlier. You aren't seeing that in Georgia."

it is my understanding in toronto that that is against the law. i work landscape in the summer and plow in the winter, and no matter the conditions, we are not allowed to do this, by statement of the mto (ministry of [fascist] transportation ontario)