Verified:

midevil.chaos Game profile

Jan 28th 2014, 20:40:49

I was checking out the scores page and thought about something that annoyed the crap out of me. Our clan's allies never have a specific colour assigned to them (read the two last paragraphs for more details).

Here are the current colours:
Green = player under protection or on vacation.
Red = destroyed country.
Purple = player deleted for rules violations.
Orange - ghost countries (or so I read on this forum)
Yellow = ingame allies.
Aqua = you.

So, if we go with the assumption that we would need a new colour, then why not change red to this red hex colour #FF0000. The reality is that the current colour is not even red, it's a light pinkish red with the hex #FFAAAA. On the other hand, #FF0000 is a real bright red.

And then #FF9CE6 could be assigned to a clan's allies (NOT a fan of pink, but seems like the only colour not taken).

OR

You see the tag on the right hand side? We could have those tags coloured instead. I realize that EE staff would have to work with the clan forums' creators to make it happen.

Green (#00ff48) = Full Def Pacts and uNAP's
Blue (#00d2ff) = Limited defense Pact and NAP

Orange (#ff8400) = Offense Pacts and possible hostiles
Red (#ff0000) = WAR!

White (#ffeecc) = Normal tags we have no relations to in any way

Instead of wasting our time within our clan forum to determine who we can attack and not attack, this would make things SO much simpler and smoother.

Basically, the premise of my argument is that clan forums leaders should be capable of syncing internal: pacting, non-pacting and war decs with ingame visual queues in the scores page for example. Basically, you know how every clan has an Alert Status? Green, Orange and Red. Therefore, this is solely internal, correct? But, if the EE staff could work with the clan forums' admins (the hosts), there could be an extra space where you would have the clan categorize Pacts and an OP and non-pacts (either OP, possible hostiles and WAR!). Imagine, my clan says that Clan Z should have an uNAP with our clan, so our FA places that clan under the uNAP category which automatically falls under the colour "green". Whenever you categorize a clan after successful FAing, they would automatically obtain a certain colour which would automatically sync with the ingame status of that clan.

This would make attacking people way easier. Provided of course that the syncing is instantaneous or almost. The only clans that would NOT need categorization would be normal tags that you have no intention of pacting or anything in the genre.

General Earl Game profile

Jan 29th 2014, 0:50:42

I've suggested this before. Great idea! This is definitely something that should have been implemented a long time ago.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Jan 29th 2014, 19:04:49

Glad someone else thinks the same. So, what happened when you proposed that suggestion? Was it ever considered? Or outright rejected?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 30th 2014, 1:36:02

Originally posted by midevil.chaos:
why not change red to this red hex colour #FF0000.

'Cause *actual* RED is hard to read directly on black, especially if any other colour is present.

Originally posted by midevil.chaos:
But, if the EE staff could work with the clan forums' admins (the hosts), there could be an extra space where you would have the clan categorize Pacts and an OP and non-pacts (either OP, possible hostiles and WAR!).

This is unlikely =/ We may, however, at some point, integrate some of this stuff into EE; but it wouldn't be synced with outside places in all likelihood. We could, perhaps, provide an API so that hosts could sync with in-game... but we'll get to that when we come to it...
Finally did the signature thing.

Feb 3rd 2014, 1:14:56

So basically, the outcome would ultimately be the same? Granted that a more manual approach is taken via an API key.