Verified:

downsay Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 20:18:44

Private Message or email/chat is fine

downsay Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 20:23:36

or could someone please help me contact omega?

downsay Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 20:39:22

Tulosba, henrik?

Vic Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 20:39:51

haha i will help pm

downsay Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 20:52:38

thanks Vic. best way to contact people now? I haven't used icq or msn in ages!

braden Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 20:55:36

irc would be my guess, ds

downsay Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 20:58:55

location?
GG it has been so long since I have tried to do anything on these forums, haha!

I don't even know where to find the proper resources

braden Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 21:05:18

/server irc.earthempires.com i would reckon is the popular one.. but i don't do very much contacting, so i have little idea where specific alliances might use.

downsay Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 21:15:24

thx my friend

Marshal Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 21:15:26

try #omega in ee-irc or simply #earthempires where many alliance-players idle, FA contacts for each alliance are in ee-wiki but finding those reqs bit searching.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

braden Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 21:17:44

happy to help, downsay :)

Vic Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 21:18:47

haha ya downs i was laughing when i found you posting on general talk the other day ! :p

tulosba Game profile

Jan 24th 2014, 23:46:55

just sent a pm. I try to be as accessible as possible, however this evening I went to see the Hobbit, part 2, the Desolation of Smaug.

No I had not seen it thus far, I was told it wasn't that great, but didn't expect much as a "part 2 of 3 always sucks - it's just set up for movie #3"

but actually I thought it was quite a good shot at a middle of a trilogy.

Shinigami Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 4:02:02

Originally posted by tulosba:
just sent a pm. I try to be as accessible as possible, however this evening I went to see the Hobbit, part 2, the Desolation of Smaug.

No I had not seen it thus far, I was told it wasn't that great, but didn't expect much as a "part 2 of 3 always sucks - it's just set up for movie #3"

I liked it better than the first actually.

locket Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 4:17:25

Originally posted by Shinigami:
Originally posted by tulosba:

I liked it better than the first actually.

I sure didnt. The first at least made an attempt to stay closish to the book events.. this one brutalized the book.

I did enjoy my viewing experience but I also had to ignore that it was about one of my favorite books. As a fan of the book I was HUGELY disappointed. As just the movie fan I enjoyed it but still not as much as the first.

I wish they had stayed as true to the book as the LOTR did.

braden Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 4:19:25

is it like dr zhivago where david lean butchered the ending, entirely changing where the characters end up or what they end up doing?

because after seeing the movie seven times, reading the final hundred and fifty pages broke my fluffing soul

locket Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 4:39:42

They basically messed with the entire story in this one. Skipped big sections of the book that I really enjoyed and would have made good movie watching, sent characters to places they didnt go, split the group up for no good reason, invented a romance between characters that werent in the book in the first place which is small but cliche, and numerous other fairly big changes.. was pretty disappointing after how much I looked forward to seeing the story.

braden Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 4:54:34

Lean dropped like all of Andreivichs bastard children from the story all together. Let alone pasha antipova/strelnikovs end.. or how it so affected lara. i mean, in a four hour movie, you still need to cut scenes or change the story? half the book by pasternak was him explaining the white snow covered landscape of the nineteen thousand mile train travel through snow and ice to yuriatin. at least lean kept the false name, and didn't call it perm.

still, i adore the movie and book. it should be required reading. but i also say that about memories of my melancholy whore, by marquez.

ChaiLatte Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 9:08:33

Going to post here because it says Omega. :)

Random: Can't wait for Game of Thrones.

Shinigami Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 22:31:37

I gave up any attempt to care about how much the movies match the book when they announced that their would be 3 of them. Doing so would only irritate me so I'm taking the approach that the movies are standalone and there is no book.

The first movie was very uneven in tone, trying to mix the comic elements with the dramatic.

locket Game profile

Jan 25th 2014, 23:53:59

Originally posted by Shinigami:
I gave up any attempt to care about how much the movies match the book when they announced that their would be 3 of them. Doing so would only irritate me so I'm taking the approach that the movies are standalone and there is no book.

The first movie was very uneven in tone, trying to mix the comic elements with the dramatic.

As much as I felt it should be a two movie book if told fully I personally figured three movies would allow them to follow the book MORE closely instead of less... :/

tulosba Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 7:58:32

Yeah, movie two was entertaining - but it raped the book royally.
Although at points it was exactly like I had imagined it, I mean, I got a feeling of "I've seen this before".

but in terms of entertainment, as a 2 of 3 movie.. it was more solid than expected. To make it solid, they sacrificed honouring the book, so the end result is "meh"

elvesrus

Jan 26th 2014, 8:31:34

I'd just like to point out a book less than half the length of fellowship is getting a trilogy
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

locket Game profile

Jan 26th 2014, 9:42:28

Yah it is ridiculous.. I honestly think that to tell the faithful story well and fully they would need two movies. I felt that the first should have gone to just before they enter Mirkwood and the second finishes things up...

But they wont get all that money that way.