Verified:

ZIP Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 13:07:56

stay warm!!

I am lucky in a way... where i live it will not get as cold as others but on the other side it is kicking in my local snow maker ( lake ontario ) and am expecting a nasty storm from it.

I bet i get the most snow from this... but how cold are you getting?

here is my forecast from NWS...

* LOCATIONS...JEFFERSON AND LEWIS COUNTIES.

* TIMING...LATE THIS MORNING THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.

* TIMING AND HAZARDS...HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW...BLOWING SNOW
WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS...AND DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS FROM LATE
MONDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES TODAY...MORE THAN 2 FEET
TONIGHT...MORE THAN 2 FEET TUESDAY...9 TO 18 INCHES TUESDAY
NIGHT...AND UP TO 2 INCHES WEDNESDAY...LEADING TO STORM TOTALS
OF MORE THAN 5 FEET IN THE MOST PERSISTENT LAKE SNOWS.

* WINDS...WEST 25 TO 35 MPH.

* WIND CHILLS...AS COLD AS 30 BELOW ZERO AT TIMES.

fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 13:22:36

think they said rain, then wind, then 5 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm guessing that there might be a lot of slippery roads and sidewalks tomorrow.

tell Jack Frost that he's wasting his time trying to freeze me. i don't have any reason to go outside until Saturday. and my bed is made out of blankets.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

downsay Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 13:41:45

We have the temps they called for, but they majorly missed the snow storm totals. We ended up with almost entirely ice instead.

trumper Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 15:13:22

If Kapernick can play in it, I can bike into work in it. Honestly I don't mind dry bitter cold as much as I mind slightly warmer, but wet cold. Better 0 and bundled up then 35 and wet.

Atryn Game profile

Jan 6th 2014, 15:18:10

We have a high of 27 and a low of 8 today... it is snowing here... I'm in Atlanta, GA. ;)

Jan 7th 2014, 10:43:03

horoscope sezs today is not a good day to visit Philly. no, wait that was the Accu Weather site. horoscope sezs move closer to equator because global warming scientists are raving lunatics.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2014, 11:35:03

Edited By: Jayr on Sep 19th 2019, 14:49:33
wasn't me...

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 7th 2014, 12:26:15

Is it me, or is this like a mini version of what happened in "the day after tomorrow"?:P

And yeah, it's -30 here..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Jan 7th 2014, 12:47:23

thought that in "the day after tomorrow", there was a hole in the ozone layer that was letting all the cold air of outer space escape into the atmosphere(apnosphere)? which was caused by the maniacal union of Hollywood hair-dressers? some kind of aerosol sniffing something or other.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

Jan 7th 2014, 13:33:29

#Blizzard2014 in the ruff buffalo!

Jan 7th 2014, 14:45:21

http://www.cnn.com/...ther/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"It's so cold, even polar bears and penguins were being kept indoors Monday."

Eat The Baby Seals!
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Jan 8th 2014, 10:18:56

is Canada's electrical power consumption increasing for the winters? they're stating that Philadelphia is breaking record winter usage amounts here. i don't understand it because i use like 70-80% less electricity in the winter vs summer. guess a bunch of people think that it's a bright idea to use a bunch of portable electric space heaters. maybe they never heard of long underwear, or think it's just for outside use.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

mdevol Game profile

Jan 8th 2014, 12:39:29

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

ZIP Game profile

Jan 8th 2014, 12:50:32

i started snowing monday and has not stopped for me. last night alone i must have gotten over 2 feet, and now nws is saying no end till some time late tomorrow. but 10 miles up the road it is sunny, 10 miles down it is sunny. amazing mother natures natural snow making machine.

in my small town we have opened up the firehall for stranded people as we live next to a good size highway that is shut down. last night we had over 120 people sleepnig on cots and can't go anywhere. i am 40 and have not seen anything like this.. in over 20 years at least.

here is a local facebook page with some pics but they don't even give it justice.

https://www.facebook.com/newzjunky
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Mobster Game profile

Jan 8th 2014, 14:49:07

I live in Buffalo, we got slammed.

Stevano Game profile

Jan 8th 2014, 16:35:35

I just call it winter. Everyone making a big deal out of what happens every year around here. Just a conspiracy to freak ppl out so they go and buy fluff they don't need etc. Welcome to winter.

[IX]Mobster

Jan 8th 2014, 18:24:16

Massive amounts of snow, white out conditions, negative temperatures, -35+ wind chills, 30+ MPH winds, exponential increase and probability of people dying, getting sick, or hurting themselves greatly... Yes. Just winter and hyperbole so people can make an extra buck. *rolls eyes* Child please.

mrford Game profile

Jan 8th 2014, 18:42:28

it got down into the high 40s here yesterday and i was like wtf mang. then it got back into the 80s and all was right with the world.

suck it
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marshal Game profile

Jan 8th 2014, 21:05:51

new yorkians will appreciate upcoming weather?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

farmer Game profile

Jan 9th 2014, 2:33:05

polar vortex my ass what the heck is with these weather people having to come up with new terms and starting to name winter storms. used to describe it as bitter cold or some other adjective an now trying to tie it to global warming,god i hate greenie weenies

theHitch

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2014, 3:52:16

Originally posted by farmer:
polar vortex my ass what the heck is with these weather people having to come up with new terms and starting to name winter storms. used to describe it as bitter cold or some other adjective an now trying to tie it to global warming,god i hate greenie weenies

"new terms" lol are you a dittohead Limbaugh zombie?

The polar vortex was first described as early as 1853.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_vortex

At AMS, we have been publishing the “AMS Glossary of Meteorology” since 1959, and in that first edition, AMS did define the term ‘Polar Vortex.'
http://www.ametsoc.org/...news/2014polarvortex.html

Be better than a Rush Limbaugh dittohead

Symac

Jan 9th 2014, 4:02:07

Sorry, your thread was innocent.

Edited By: Symac on Jan 9th 2014, 4:05:11
See Original Post

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2014, 11:35:17

http://www.vancouversun.com/Cold+weather+wimpiness+spreading+like+Arctic+chill/9360282/story.html

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jan 9th 2014, 14:24:57

i spent the day at the pools. global freezing is a myth! ; )
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Jan 21st 2014, 15:50:24

oh, neato. Snow. bah humbug.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2014, 16:19:10

Here we go again.. time to make sure we're stocked up on cigarettes

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/...ada/nova-scotia/lunenburg

Jan 21st 2014, 16:27:32

no cigarettes. i switched to cigars. i did get a 6 pack of Yuengling Light Lager and 200ml of E&J brandy today. probably a good time to ponder http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/...t-so-much-those-of-women/

not entirely sure why 10,000 British civil servants qualify for an alcohol related study, but God Bless The Queen for keeping the drunken bums gainfully employed.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 21st 2014, 16:31:42

A "heavy drinker" is just two shots per day in that study, lol. I think I've burned out more brain cells than those civil servants, but God Save the Queen!

Jan 21st 2014, 17:28:28

maybe it'll result in the doctors using a different line to discourage people from drinking. they can start a propaganda campaign about all the brain dead people who are still walking around after consuming too much alcohol. do you really want to be a British civil servant? no? you should probably quit drinking then.

I'm going to watch the first VistaVision movie. the news is stating that i should stay off the road after i fill up my gas tank just in case i need to fail at driving somewhere in the event of an emergency. dig me out of my blankets and armoire when it's spring. i ain't driving anywhere.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 21st 2014, 17:29:15

It was -27 with wind chill here. Bit ago.

The last one two weeks ago, we had -54 windchill...and i had to work, out in the fluff. My beard and eyebrows were froze and ha ice within minutes :/
The Death Knights

XI

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 21st 2014, 17:38:26

This is totally bizarre and awesome... we've been hovering near 0 the last 2 weeks -- only problem is that everything is turning to ice due to the melt/freeze cycle over night -- dip below zero, pull above it by day; repeat until everything is ice....
Finally did the signature thing.

Jan 21st 2014, 17:41:05

Originally posted by bstrong86:
It was -27 with wind chill here. Bit ago.

The last one two weeks ago, we had -54 windchill...and i had to work, out in the fluff. My beard and eyebrows were froze and ha ice within minutes :/

probably looked just like the people who were surfing on Lake Michigan just before it froze over. they said it was the only time of year that they could catch the waves there.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

ZIP Game profile

Jan 22nd 2014, 12:30:14

the shower just froze in my apartment. -35F actual official temp from noaa.

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KART.html

you can use this site to get official temps in your area ( us )

not sure what the wind chill is but it is so cold when i step outside it hurts to breath almost.

i like collecting the rent... but on a day like today it sux being the owner / now i have to hope i can get them unfroze before they break

Jan 22nd 2014, 13:46:46

got a notice yesterday to leave my hot water taps trickling. think it's around 6F outside. they should rename your town to Ice Village or something.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

ZIP Game profile

Jan 22nd 2014, 14:04:03

I told them to do that if the weather is going to be around 0F or below - they didn't. The shower s back in a corner so it don't get much heat under the house. i am going to lowes now and getting some flex duct and a fan to shoot the hot air back there. it isn't going to break 0F here for the next few days - i can't believe it but i am looking forward to the weekend with temps close to 20 and more lake effect snow..

qz nailed it about the melting and freezing part, i have about a ft of solid hard ice snow that is almost impossible to move at this point.

ZIP Game profile

Jan 22nd 2014, 20:52:11

Low Temperature for Wednesday, January 22, 2014
(as received by 1 pm EST January 22)
-37 at Watertown, NY

wooot just took the lowest temp record for the nation. ( for today that is )

http://www.syracuse.com/..._jackpot_this_winter.html

^ there is a 4 mil weather study going on this month to study the lake effect snow where i live.

i claim the snow king title !!

Edited By: ZIP on Jan 22nd 2014, 20:56:45
See Original Post