Verified:

prankster Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 14:38:22

Posts like this will just egg more suicides on

Sov Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 15:14:33

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

I THINK YOU'RE WRONG ON THE MARKET PART OF THIS ONE, SOV. DURING OUR WAR WITH LAF IN OUR INAUGURAL RESET, BILL AND I WERE RELEGATED TO FARM STATUS AS WE WERE NO LONGER VIEWED AS A THREAT. BECAUSE OF THAT, I WAS ABLE TO EASILY STOCKPILE FOOD ON THE MARKET, SELL IT JUST AFTER THE PEAK, AND USE THAT TO STEAL BILLIONS IN CASH AND FOOD FROM LAF PLAYERS. LAF WAS ABLE TO COUNTER THIS - AS THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN - BY SIMPLY KILLING MY COUNTRY AND ELMINATING THOSE ASSETS. IF I'D BEEN ABLE TO PROTECT ALL OF THAT ON THE MARKET AGAIN, I COULD HAVE EASILY REPEATED MY ACTIONS AT LEAST ONCE, IF NOT MORE TIMES. 70% IS JUST FAR TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING TO BE RETURNED TO THE DECEASED COUNTRY.

I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS IDEA GO AWAY OR AT LEAST BE DRASTICALLY REDUCED - EVEN THOUGH IT HAS HELPED US IN OUR WAR AGAINST TPA. IF IT IS GOING TO BE KEPT THOUGH, MAYBE THE LOST ASSETS, RATHER THAN BEING JUST VAPORIZED, SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE COUNTRY WHICH DID THE KILLING.

PERSONALLY, I LIKED THE RAMPING UP WHICH WAS PUT IN PLACE A FEW RESETS AGO. I KNOW IT RESULTED IN LONG KILL RUNS, BUT IT PROPERLY REWARDED PLAYERS FOR KEEPING REASONABLE AMOUNTS OF DEFENSE ON HAND. IF THE RAMPING UP CONCEPT WAS STILL IN PLACE, EN4CER COULD HAVE DRAMATICALLY REDUCED THE DAMAGE TO HIS COUNTRY JUST BY UPPING HIS MILITARY LEVELS SOME, WITHOUT HAVING TO KEEP THOSE LEVELS SO HIGH AS TO CRIPPLE HIS COUNTRY ECONOMICALLY.

I THINK I'M DONE WITH THIS POST NOW.. SORRY TO BE SO BRIEF AND UNDETAILED, BUT I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME FOR A LOT OF TYPING THIS EVENING. :)

My original proposal also had it that restarts would keep the same name as the original country so that suiciders could not hide, in which case an Alliance can deal with it's stock.

You also forget that if your country only comes back with 30% of what it had plus 70% of stock it would still have far less resources to begin with and thus would need to spend stock to continue it's crusade.

The intention of my change was to make dying less painful, add a new element of smart strategy to the game and give blindsided netters a better chance to bounce back after eating a FS.

Edited By: Sov on Jan 15th 2014, 15:21:16
See Original Post

Sov Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 15:22:11

I had to edit my post 5 times to fix the quote lol. Turns out [DANGER] was breaking the quote!

Marshal Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 16:22:21

Originally posted by Sov:
I had to edit my post 5 times to fix the quote lol.

any post with []'s breaks quote.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

archaic Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 17:21:27

Some form of suiciding has to remain in the game to discourage large alliances from bullying smaller ones out of existance with impunity.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 17:35:03

Suiciding isn't the big issue

the restart changes that allow them to come back so fast and strong is...
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Trife Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 17:51:04

Originally posted by archaic:
Some form of suiciding has to remain in the game to discourage large alliances from bullying smaller ones out of existance with impunity.

another tidbit of wisdom from archaic.

+1

iScode Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 0:38:07

To be perfectly honest this is what you get for letting hanlong back into your alliance you cheating fluffs.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

C-3PO

Jan 16th 2014, 1:41:13

i like how a certain someone always takes credit for game changes.

keivisuaL Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 1:49:36

stop being so anal scode
Innocence is something we all forget. I haven't quite, I'm naive.

iScode Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 2:43:19

ohhhh but why????? thats no fun :(
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Yippie Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 7:11:52

Originally posted by smikke:
Originally posted by Forgotten:
LaF has never suicided anyone to my knowledge.
LaF countries have done HSOPs on other clans at the end of the set

LaF countries also have done EM, NM, DHattack on othe rclans at the end of the set

Forgotten

Jan 16th 2014, 7:22:48

Originally posted by iScode:
To be perfectly honest this is what you get for letting hanlong back into your alliance you cheating fluffs.

Hanlong does not play Earth Empires.

He plays Werewolf sometimes, and sometimes answers questions such as where to eat.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

bertz Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 7:31:19

My original proposal also had it that restarts would keep the same name as the original country so that suiciders could not hide, in which case an Alliance can deal with it's stock.

I like this idea. Keeping the same name

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 8:20:06

Originally posted by bertz:

Sov I like ya, but refering to over 100 players as "your stock" just because the play different then you, is the type of mentality that makes people want to mess with certain clans.
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

Sov Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 8:23:20

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:

Sov I like ya, but refering to over 100 players as "your stock" just because the play different then you, is the type of mentality that makes people want to mess with certain clans.

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to but I believe you mis-interpreted my post :)

By stock I am talking about stockpiled food or other goods on the market, not players ;)

Forgotten

Jan 16th 2014, 8:28:46

By keeping the same name, it also means suiciders can't hide as well as they are now.

Warmongers would enjoy it as well, as you KNOW that guy must be your opposing side's country.
No more hiding in neutral tag to grow first. Well, that's already not needed due to the stupid change, but still.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Jan 16th 2014, 8:33:51

Well in that case, just "pretend" I'm drunk.

As for keeping the same name, really don't like the idea. It is not my fault most of you are not as creative as me and come up with great names. But have no problem if there was a way to figure out who you are the restart of.
I'm not quite sure what you are referring to but I believe you mis-interpreted my post :)

By stock I am talking about stockpiled food or other goods on the market, not players ;)

but what do i know?

Jan 16th 2014, 8:35:54

Quotes and I sometimes don't get along. Sorry
but what do i know?

Jan 16th 2014, 8:51:04

To paraphrase my statments that were lost in the wall of quotes.
@sov I think I missunderstood you. It had nothing to do we me being drunk.
@people thinking we should be forced to have the same name for our restarts. I am sorry your not creative enought to come up with as creative country names as mine, but I have no problem if there was a easy way to she who the country is a restart of.
but what do i know?

locket Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 10:10:21

Make them keep the same number but allow them to change names?

Symac

Jan 16th 2014, 10:50:52

The intent of the changes which have led to this is obvious.

So the question is why keep playing?

Jan 16th 2014, 10:54:32

Becuase the game is evolving.
but what do i know?

skitch Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 21:09:20

Why couldn't LaF kill #825? Was there some game mechanic keeping that one country alive when the largest alliance on the server was trying to kill it? Maybe LaF should spend more resources defending its members?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 16th 2014, 21:25:06

I actually would be interested in hearing from TPA and Danger regarding what they think of the changes.. :P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

iScode Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 23:01:48

Originally posted by iScode:

Hanlong does not play Earth Empires.

He plays Werewolf sometimes, and sometimes answers questions such as where to eat.

I have proof that says otherwise liar.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

locket Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 23:18:00

He definitely played at a couple points since "Hanlonggate" but I personally cant confirm if he plays now

En4cer Game profile

Jan 16th 2014, 23:28:52

Qz could confirm either which way. It is my belief that yes he is about the game and that at this point no he is not playing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2014, 23:58:58

Originally posted by En4cer:
Qz could confirm either which way. It is my belief that yes he is about the game and that at this point no he is not playing.

I could?
Finally did the signature thing.

En4cer Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 0:05:58

U could tell if Hanlong is playing by looking at the player base can't u?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 17th 2014, 0:09:34

Originally posted by En4cer:
U could tell if Hanlong is playing by looking at the player base can't u?

I suppose if he actually uses his account.
Finally did the signature thing.

bertz Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 0:10:05

Originally posted by martian:
I actually would be interested in hearing from TPA and Danger regarding what they think of the changes.. :P

martian I'm tagged in TPA and yes the changes are of disadvantage for the larger tag. Maybe we have not adjusted faster and have dilemmas over killing or crippling the target. Had we been warring, maybe we could say the changes were good.

En4cer Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 0:19:23

Is there no other way???

Or are u saying that if he was ingame now he would have to be under a completely new account/persona???

archaic Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 1:20:24

He is certainly smart enough to use a proxy if he wanted to play.

I for one don't care about him either way anymore. After Llaar, DarkMorbid, Hanlong, TC, Copper, Silver etc., I have just come to accept that while cheating may be more subtle, its certainly has not gone away.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 5:18:16

martian I'm tagged in TPA and yes the changes are of disadvantage for the larger tag. Maybe we have not adjusted faster and have dilemmas over killing or crippling the target. Had we been warring, maybe we could say the changes were good.

AGREED - THE RAMIFICATIONS OF GETTING TAG-KILLED ARE SUBSTANTIALLY LESSENED, WHICH TENDS TO FAVOR THE SMALLER TAG. DANGER GOT OUR FIRST AND ONLY TWO KILLS IN OUR RIGHTEOUS DEFENSE AGAINST TPA AFTER BEING TAG-KILLED.

I DO LIKE THAT WARRING IS A BIT MORE COMPLEX NOW. E.G., IT IS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE TO FLATTEN AND FARM A TARGET AND THEN KILL THEM. YES, YOU CAN DO A TWO MINUTE GS KILL RUN, BUT THAT GUY IS COMING *RIGHT BACK AT YOU.*

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 17th 2014, 16:33:49

actually I think keeping the same country name is not necessarily a bad thing.
I'm hard pressed to think of good reasons why not. For purposes of normal warring it woudln't really matter much I don't think... might take some fun out of making taunting country names though:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

IAN_DANGER

Jan 17th 2014, 17:10:36

THERE IS A LEARNING CURVE TO THE NEW RULES. IF I HAD IT TO DO AGAIN I PROBABLY WOULD NOT HAVE TRIED TO WALL. BUT WE PLAY WITH WHAT THE RULES ARE.

HA!
STAND UP CITIZEN OF EARTH

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Jan 17th 2014, 18:45:16

actually I think keeping the same country name is not necessarily a bad thing.
I'm hard pressed to think of good reasons why not. For purposes of normal warring it woudln't really matter much I don't think... might take some fun out of making taunting country names though:P

maybe make two options
"fast restart" and "clean restart"
one uses some version of the existing restart mechanics and requires the name to remain the same, the other is essentially a brand new country, and allows a name change
for the person that wants to hide, they have to start over from ground zero, and for somebody who wants to get back in the fight faster, they're more easily tracked

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 17th 2014, 19:05:58

Suiciding aside, the only other reason I can think of is where a tag restarts in another tag although even by "hiding" that way it's sort of obvious what is happening. The only other reason I can think of is if I get pissed off at my tag and rage quit and then want to restart quietly in another tag. To avoid getting run off the server it's a good thing although azz kikr's suggestion would cover that. I suppose the other way to circumvent having your restart known is to make another account and create a new country which we would prefer people didn't do so giving folks that choice is better.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

locket Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 20:37:32

Dont you ban people who do that Martian?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jan 17th 2014, 20:44:15

@locket: we reserve the right to but in some cases it's because of a lost password/honest mistake so we don't.
Also lets say that I have one country with one account. End of reset I make a second account and abandon my first account and have one country there and never use the first account again. While that's technically against the rules, it doesn't give you any advantage over another player so odds are we would let that go. The preference is that people don't do it though.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

MULTI FACTS

Jan 17th 2014, 20:49:53

MARTIAN JUST SAID WE CAN RUN MULTIES

YAY!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 17th 2014, 22:29:12

Originally posted by MULTI FACTS:

YAY!

Do it and see what I do to you :P
I over ride martian now

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

locket Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 22:35:43

@locket: we reserve the right to but in some cases it's because of a lost password/honest mistake so we don't.
Also lets say that I have one country with one account. End of reset I make a second account and abandon my first account and have one country there and never use the first account again. While that's technically against the rules, it doesn't give you any advantage over another player so odds are we would let that go. The preference is that people don't do it though.

Didnt LT get deleted for this or am I remembering wrong?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 17th 2014, 22:47:03

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by MULTI FACTS:

YAY!

Do it and see what I do to you :P
I over ride martian now

I couldnt stop LOL hahaha, reminded me of the scene on Hankok where will smith stops the train hahaha! Go galleri, Go!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

En4cer Game profile

Jan 17th 2014, 23:19:38

no he didn't get deleted for it... but i think he was accused of doing it Locket.

too far back in my memory bank to recall exactly how it unfolded.

Chewi Game profile

Jan 18th 2014, 1:23:53

Originally posted by locket:

Didnt LT get deleted for this or am I remembering wrong?

That rule was added after LT.

locket Game profile

Jan 18th 2014, 1:24:14

I remember there being a GIANT stink on At about it though

Forgotten

Jan 18th 2014, 4:52:43

If I remember right, EVO accused LT of doing it, and in so, Admins from EVO used their Admin power to find out ownership of a country to satisfy EVO's curiosity.

I don't believe whether or not it was confirmed that it was LT who did it.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Bonus

Jan 18th 2014, 9:08:57

If I remember right, EVO accused LT of doing it, and in so, Admins from EVO used their Admin power to find out ownership of a country to satisfy EVO's curiosity.

I don't believe whether or not it was confirmed that it was LT who did it.

You remember wrong. LaF has been detagging members to suicide on other alliances for years now.

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
Also, I started the 2nd account to suicide Evo as BAIT to CATCH them for admin abuse, and guess what? Worked like a charm.

Originally posted by qzjul:
If you recall, Slagpit only checked information about that at the request of a LaF leader =/ and while I wouldn't consider it cheating, it is silly to have multiple accounts. (and against our stated rules)

Truly living up to your nickname.

Bonus