Verified:

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 15:40:02

LAF has been seen as a abuser by the independent countries for a long time. many were so badly raped by them set after set that they rightfully started pre-emptive attacks.
gets frusterating when your trying to build a country and your feed upon all the time. they don't see it as 1 or more countries destroying them, they see it as the clan.
(this is alliance after all) when they have had enough and do retaliate they are going for the best target in the clan. dont want to be part of the problem? then leave tags that promote over farming.
there are many clans that are Friendlier to the UnClanned, even 1 that offers all players a NON EXPLOSION PACT.
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

tellarion Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 16:14:32

Honestly, most of the people who do this type of thing are doing it just to fluff someone else over. Many people in this community, Laf included, have offered support and advice to new alliances trying to establish themselves. It's possible to make a new alliance if you know what you're doing. Look at DKnights, TPA, and even Danger. Alliances like hgwt and gambino are missing some incredibly crucial elements and as far as I have seen, they seem unwilling or unable to follow the advice they have been given.

Guys like e2025 and Jayr are doing it to get their jollies off, and they've been doing it since day 1 of the set, well before any farming started. They know what they're doing.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 16:19:56

Sorry En4 :((( unlucky.

Jan 14th 2014, 16:25:27

we all play this game for fun.
but we don't all play it the same way.
your whimpering because somebody who didn't break any rules
attacked a clan 61x bigger then himself and because that clan has not adapted they are the ones crying foul.

I find this thread very amusing!
but what do i know?

tellarion Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 16:27:43

Griefing is funny, until it happens to you.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 16:33:35

Originally posted by tellarion:
Guys like e2025 and Jayr are doing it to get their jollies off, and they've been doing it since day 1 of the set, well before any farming started. They know what they're doing.

e2025 is Jayr. probably a few of the other suiciders on here too
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Jan 14th 2014, 16:34:04

what a stupid word.

"if you don't want to be attacked join a clan"
but what do i know?

E2025 Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 16:41:16

huh? what? lmao...get some

JayR WATCHER

Jan 14th 2014, 16:42:34

Interesting, where is your cousin, haha

E2025 Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 16:48:15

he still plays on solo servers...why?

Vic Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 16:54:31

Originally posted by locket:
Sucks En4cer :/

Also sucks that Laf couldnt get a proper kill run on him before it happened -_-

Griefers should be banned. They arent hard to spot. Not sure if this particular one is but I suspect it is. Account history would be pretty telling. Protecting griefers over your actual players is a really stupid policy.

damn en4 couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :/ sorry to see that man

also, locket, weren't you at one point a griefer suiciding on laf? i may have my facts wrong but i thought that was open knowledge? like 6 or 7 resets back maybe?

WahWahWah

Jan 14th 2014, 17:07:05

If the griefers were to set up a tag "Grief" next set and suicide as a group but each target individual countries, people wouldn't be complaining as then they wouldn't be playing solo?

Heston Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 17:10:02

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Originally posted by mrford:
i was speaking about the tag in general, but ok

So one member who didn't participate in that kind of thing should be held accountable for what his alliance members did?

I don't remember you saying that about RD when they were deleted. Just saying.

Point taken. There is the issue of the degree of severity though. A suicider isn't potentially screwing with peoples' jobs...

Is that the goal? To allow people that value their country more than their job to not have to worry about the prospect of playing during work? Are you one of these fluffs? Jesus christ . Grow uo.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Jan 14th 2014, 17:17:41

Laf has 2486 attacks on Untagged countries this set.
Untagged country's have 575 attacks on laf,
congratulations your winning the war!
but what do i know?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 17:24:00

+1 to archaic's and Tellarion's posts.

WahWahWah

Jan 14th 2014, 17:28:17

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:

+1 SakitSaPuwit

mdevol Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 17:36:38

Originally posted by Heston:

So one member who didn't participate in that kind of thing should be held accountable for what his alliance members did?

Point taken. There is the issue of the degree of severity though. A suicider isn't potentially screwing with peoples' jobs...

Is that the goal? To allow people that value their country more than their job to not have to worry about the prospect of playing during work? Are you one of these fluffs? Jesus christ . Grow uo.

i think you missed the point.

what he meant was what RD actually put people jobs at risk by hacking into personal accounts/emails and that THAT guilty by association is a little bit different than 1 man getting suicided on "for doing nothing"

while i agree with that notion, I respectfully disagree that this player was unjustly suicided upon.

look at the news and tell me how many time laf has hit untagged this set to how many times they have been hit back....

2491 to 575

we all have to play with these changes. warring clans hate them too. we are adapting. I suggest you do the same.

Edited By: mdevol on Jan 14th 2014, 17:42:48
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

mdevol Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 17:44:04

Originally posted by SakitSaPuwit:

damn you beat me to it
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Heston Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 18:18:49

Originally posted by mdevol:

what he meant was what RD actually put people jobs at risk by hacking into personal accounts/emails and that THAT guilty by association is a little bit different than 1 man getting suicided on "for doing nothing"

while i agree with that notion, I respectfully disagree that this player was unjustly suicided upon.

look at the news and tell me how many time laf has hit untagged this set to how many times they have been hit back....

2491 to 575

we all have to play with these changes. warring clans hate them too. we are adapting. I suggest you do the same.

I stand corrected. I should always concider old fluff, that doesnt relate . I cant believe i am so stupid. I guess i do not see the connection between this paticular suicide and anything anyone in rd may or may have not done. Imo its a gay way to talk fluff.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 19:03:12

2491 to 575

I stand corrected. I should always concider old fluff, that doesnt relate . I cant believe i am so stupid. I guess i do not see the connection between this paticular suicide and anything anyone in rd may or may have not done. Imo its a gay way to talk fluff.

you obviously took it out of context.

"So one member who didn't participate in that kind of thing should be held accountable for what his alliance members did?"
"I don't remember you saying that about RD when they were deleted. Just saying."

it kind of explains itself
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

locket Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 21:29:43

Originally posted by Vic:
Sucks En4cer :/

Also sucks that Laf couldnt get a proper kill run on him before it happened -_-

Griefers should be banned. They arent hard to spot. Not sure if this particular one is but I suspect it is. Account history would be pretty telling. Protecting griefers over your actual players is a really stupid policy.

damn en4 couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :/ sorry to see that man

also, locket, weren't you at one point a griefer suiciding on laf? i may have my facts wrong but i thought that was open knowledge? like 6 or 7 resets back maybe?

What the fluff are you talking about dude? I have never suicided Laf, let alone suicided anyone? I netted in Laf and then I netted in RD and now I net elsewhere. I dont grief in EE.

In fact to add to that I was fluffing IN Laf 6 sets ago. Jesus.

locket Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 21:30:09

2491 to 575

That's funny because it was just Copper. Not all of RD.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2014, 21:37:38

Originally posted by bertz:
is this about the suicider that you guys hit all set?

Most likely, the untags and small tags have been getting raped for years in this server, now the tide has turned and the crying has begun lol, this is better to watch it unfold than actually playing the game!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

locket Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 21:43:02

If you actually think this has anything to do with grabs then you are ignorant or naive.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2014, 21:50:45

If you actually think this has anything to do with grabs then you are ignorant or naive.

Wow....lol
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jan 14th 2014, 23:12:30

Earth is jinxed. what percentage of the players are suiciders? what percentage of the active forum members are suiciders? what's it got to do with if it isn't about farming? did some crazy netters flip their wigs from too much pressure when trying to compete with Laf?
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2014, 0:10:52

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:
Earth is jinxed. what percentage of the players are suiciders? what percentage of the active forum members are suiciders? what's it got to do with if it isn't about farming? did some crazy netters flip their wigs from too much pressure when trying to compete with Laf?

We live in locket's fantasy land, he's always right....
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 0:11:47

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

+1

Just accept it and move on.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2014, 0:15:36

Originally posted by archaic:
How many Laf guys are running landfarms this set? H

You don't know much about LaF.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2014, 0:17:55

Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

+1

Just accept it and move on.

I do so every time he posts, pointless to argue with that cat.
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2014, 0:21:01

Locket is a grouch ;)

locket Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 0:25:54

Originally posted by Requiem:
Locket is a grouch ;)

I am also right. Jayr doesnt suicide for reasons like this. Otherwise clans like Omega would get suicided more than once a year. They DO farm untagged countries as well. Plenty of farmers barely get touched.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 1:06:34

Most ppl go solo on this server so ppl WILL farm them and so they CAN ruin your set.
Do as I say, not as I do.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 3:17:32

Are you dense or were you just absent when the rd stuff went down? Many people had to report the potential breach of personal data to their workplaces. That's a bit more serious than your country being ruined..

Symac

Jan 15th 2014, 3:29:14

What's the point of playing now?

Sov Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 3:40:09

I understand people's sentiments towards the farming of untagged countries and their right to retaliate in some form or other, however in this case I believe the individual in question had motivations other than retaliation.

It is common knowledge that the restart changes were based off my suggestion, however in my submission to admins I never said that restarts should come back with 70% (or more) of what they had, but rather 20-30% of what they had plus 70% or more of what they had on the market. I believe preserving stock on the market does add a new element of strategy to warring. 70% of everything however is excessive and is easily exploitable. As most suiciders would not get the opportunity to stockpile in such a manner I believe my initial proposal was far more viable than what we have been presented with this set.

I sympathize with En4cer and believe he certainly is not deserving of this, however this thread is exactly the motivating factor that fuels suiciders to do what they do. If you do not give them any satisfaction from it they are less inclined to carry out their actions.

En4cer Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 3:52:48

People suiciding is the main thing driving players away from this game atm. If this were my game and i wanted to grow the player base (as i'm sure the game developers would like too) this is the sort of thing that needs to be taken out of gameplay.... be it by deleting players and profiles and IP banning them also and reinstatement of others to where they were before it happened.

All of the above i would have in place...

I am also a huge fan of Special attacks only being allowed ingame between warring alliances through and admin declare war feature like has been suggested.... No tag = no specialised attacks function too (tag must have 10 members to be able to go to war also)

I myself am coding illiterate so i have absolutley no idea how much work those ideas are to implement.... I do like the idea of the community even being able to come up with the game fixes/tweaks by a voting system.

Heston Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 4:05:33

Are you dense or were you just absent when the rd stuff went down? Many people had to report the potential breach of personal data to their workplaces. That's a bit more serious than your country being ruined..

I didnt know that every god damn game action thread would somehow get high jacked by some old rd fluff. Youre right tella, its a fluffty thing that happened, but what the fluff does that have to do with this paticular thread? Why as a mod do you grind that weak fluff constantly. Youre all over the place.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 4:44:16

Sound like he should find a better home. You can't be hanging around drug dealers and you all get arrested and then you claim ignorance. "But officer, I was all ostrich in this clan, I truly had my head in the ground".
The Nigerian Nightmare.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 7:01:39

I'VE BEEN BITING MY TONGUE ON THIS ISSUE, BUT I JUST CAN'T DO IT ANY MORE. I REALIZE WHAT I'M ABOUT TO POST MAY ALIENATE SOME PEOPLE WHOM I HAVE COME TO LIKE QUITE A BIT, BUT SOME OF THE THINGS BEING POSTED HERE ARE, IMO, JUST TERRIBLE IDEAS.

Originally posted by En4cer:
People suiciding is the main thing driving players away from this game atm. If this were my game and i wanted to grow the player base (as i'm sure the game developers would like too) this is the sort of thing that needs to be taken out of gameplay.... be it by deleting players and profiles and IP banning them also and reinstatement of others to where they were before it happened.

All of the above i would have in place...

I am also a huge fan of Special attacks only being allowed ingame between warring alliances through and admin declare war feature like has been suggested.... No tag = no specialised attacks function too (tag must have 10 members to be able to go to war also)

I myself am coding illiterate so i have absolutley no idea how much work those ideas are to implement.... I do like the idea of the community even being able to come up with the game fixes/tweaks by a voting system.

BANNING PEOPLE FOR "SUICIDING": I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION EN4CER, BUT I HOPE THE ADMINS NEVER SERIOUSLY CONSIDER SUCH ACTIONS. THIS IS NOT JUST A NETGAINING GAME, BUT ALSO A WAR GAME. 95% OF THE TAGS ON THIS SERVER ENGAGE IN WAR ACTIONS EVERY DAY IN ORDER TO INCREASE THEIR OWN LANDS. THE LARGE ESTABLISHED ALLIANCES ALMOST ALL "GRIEF" PEOPLE WHENEVER THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. LOOK AT ALL THE INSTANCES OF PEOPLE MAKING 4+ ATTACKS IN A ROW ON A SINGLE PLAYER, TAGGED OR NOT, JUST BECAUSE THEY KNOW (OR RATHER, THINK) THAT HIS OR HER ALLIANCE CANNOT HIT THEM BACK. WHAT MAKES THE ACTIONS OF THE FARMER MORE NOBLE THAN THE ACTIONS OF THE "SUICIDER"?

AND WHO GETS TO DEFINE WHAT IS SUICIDING? THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! DECLARED WAR ON AN ENTIRE ALLIANCE THIS RESET, AND SOME PEOPLE CALLED IT SUICIDING. WE HAVE MADE OUR STANCE ON UNPROVOKED AGGRESSION AGAINST OUR MEMBERS AS CLEAR AS WE POSSIBLY CAN, AND WE HAVE NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE WITHOUT PROVOCATION. BUT BECAUSE OUR IDEA OF PROVOCATION IS NOT THE SAME AS SOME OTHER PEOPLE, THOSE OTHERS CALL US SUICIDERS. SO SHOULD WE ALL BE BANNED AS WELL? IN OUR EYES, THE SUICIDERS ARE THOSE WHO FAIL TO STOP THEIR MEMBERS FROM ATTACKING US, EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW FULL WELL OUR STATED POSITIONS AND OUR HISTORY.

LIMITING SPECIAL ATTACKS ONLY TO CLANS OF 10 OR MORE PLAYERS: ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. THIS WOULD ONLY GUARANTEE THAT ANY TAG UNDER 10 MEMBERS - INCLUDING ESTABLISHED TAGS LIKE ICN, MONSTERS AND THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! - WOULD BE FARMED EVEN MORE MERCILESSLY, AS THEY NOW HAVE *ZERO* HOPE OF EVER LAUNCHING EVEN A SLIGHTLY PAINFUL REPRISAL ON THEIR TORMENTORS. HOW ON EARTH IS A NEW ALLIANCE EVER SUPPOSED TO SUCCEED, WHEN THEY'RE GUARANTEED TO BE FARMED INTO THE GROUND AND DENIED ANY CHANCE AT ALL FOR RETRIBUTION? IF SPECIAL ATTACKS CANNOT BE USED BY SMALL TAGS OR UNTAGGED PLAYERS, THEN THE LARGER TAGS SHOULD ALSO BE PROHIBITED FROM VISITING THEIR FORM OF AGGRESSION (LAND GRABS) ON THOSE PLAYERS.

I THINK MOST PLAYERS WHO ARE "SUICIDED" ON ARE CAPABLE OF SEVERELY LIMITING THE ABILITY OF THE "SUICIDER" TO DO WHAT HE DOES, IF NOT STOP HIM ENTIRELY. HOWEVER, EVERYONE TRIES TO RUN WITH MINIMAL MILITARY IN ORDER TO KEEP EXPENSES LOW. ITS A RISK, AND IT HAS A GREAT REWARD IF THE RISK TAKER DOESN'T GET HIT. IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS THAT I BELIEVE MOST "SUICIDERS" ARE IN SOME WAYS A FORCE FOR GOOD IN THIS GAME. IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE ABILITY OF PEOPLE TO TAKE A LITTLE VENGEANCE, WE'D HAVE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF 70K ACRE COUNTRIES RUNNING WITH 250K OF EACH MILITARY UNIT. THE EXISTENCE OF "SUICIDERS" HELPS TO ENSURE THAT THERE IS AT LEAST *SOME* RISK IN DOING SO. WITHOUT ANY POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES AT ALL FOR HIDING ALL OF YOUR PRODUCTION ON THE MARKET UNTIL THE LAST FEW DAYS OF THE RESET, WE'D HAVE A MUCH MORE STALE GAME HERE.

I KNOW I'M IN THE SEVERE MINORITY WITH CHOOSING AN ALL EXPLORE PLAYSTYLE, BUT CONSIDER ALSO THAT EVERY TIME YOU REDUCE OR ELIMINATE THE RISKS TO THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO GAIN THEIR LAND THROUGH AGGRESSION, YOU ARE FURTHER REDUCING OR ELIMINATING THE ABILITY OF MY SMALL MINORITY TO COMPETE ON THE NETGAINING FRONT. THE RISKS INCURRED BY THE GRABBER ARE THE ONLY THING WHICH MAKES A PEACEFUL PLAYSTYLE EVEN REMOTELY POSSIBLE.

Originally posted by Sov:

It is common knowledge that the restart changes were based off my suggestion, however in my submission to admins I never said that restarts should come back with 70% (or more) of what they had, but rather 20-30% of what they had plus 70% or more of what they had on the market. I believe preserving stock on the market does add a new element of strategy to warring. 70% of everything however is excessive and is easily exploitable. As most suiciders would not get the opportunity to stockpile in such a manner I believe my initial proposal was far more viable than what we have been presented with this set.

I THINK YOU'RE WRONG ON THE MARKET PART OF THIS ONE, SOV. DURING OUR WAR WITH LAF IN OUR INAUGURAL RESET, BILL AND I WERE RELEGATED TO FARM STATUS AS WE WERE NO LONGER VIEWED AS A THREAT. BECAUSE OF THAT, I WAS ABLE TO EASILY STOCKPILE FOOD ON THE MARKET, SELL IT JUST AFTER THE PEAK, AND USE THAT TO STEAL BILLIONS IN CASH AND FOOD FROM LAF PLAYERS. LAF WAS ABLE TO COUNTER THIS - AS THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN - BY SIMPLY KILLING MY COUNTRY AND ELMINATING THOSE ASSETS. IF I'D BEEN ABLE TO PROTECT ALL OF THAT ON THE MARKET AGAIN, I COULD HAVE EASILY REPEATED MY ACTIONS AT LEAST ONCE, IF NOT MORE TIMES. 70% IS JUST FAR TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING TO BE RETURNED TO THE DECEASED COUNTRY.

I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS IDEA GO AWAY OR AT LEAST BE DRASTICALLY REDUCED - EVEN THOUGH IT HAS HELPED US IN OUR WAR AGAINST TPA. IF IT IS GOING TO BE KEPT THOUGH, MAYBE THE LOST ASSETS, RATHER THAN BEING JUST VAPORIZED, SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE COUNTRY WHICH DID THE KILLING.

PERSONALLY, I LIKED THE RAMPING UP WHICH WAS PUT IN PLACE A FEW RESETS AGO. I KNOW IT RESULTED IN LONG KILL RUNS, BUT IT PROPERLY REWARDED PLAYERS FOR KEEPING REASONABLE AMOUNTS OF DEFENSE ON HAND. IF THE RAMPING UP CONCEPT WAS STILL IN PLACE, EN4CER COULD HAVE DRAMATICALLY REDUCED THE DAMAGE TO HIS COUNTRY JUST BY UPPING HIS MILITARY LEVELS SOME, WITHOUT HAVING TO KEEP THOSE LEVELS SO HIGH AS TO CRIPPLE HIS COUNTRY ECONOMICALLY.

I THINK I'M DONE WITH THIS POST NOW.. SORRY TO BE SO BRIEF AND UNDETAILED, BUT I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME FOR A LOT OF TYPING THIS EVENING. :)

HA!

SAM
HOMICIDER,
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

iScode Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 7:07:04

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that will teach you for playing in a cesspool of an alliance, serves your right for being in laf
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Forgotten

Jan 15th 2014, 8:07:04

The most recent country that got suicided on, had probably more thanks than 98% of the countries in the server right now.

It doesn't matter how much you have.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

WahWahWah

Jan 15th 2014, 8:23:12

Originally posted by Forgotten:
The most recent country that got suicided on, had probably more thanks than 98% of the countries in the server right now.

BS.

iScode Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 8:32:27

Originally posted by Forgotten:

Really???? Its been a long time for thanksgiving than you americans hasnt it? What was he so thankful for? Leadership that allow there members to be suicided by not curbing other grabbers?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 8:38:38

Originally posted by Symac:
What's the point of playing now?

to see if you can create the largest toxic waste dump of a country before a suicider spoils it for you.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

locket Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 8:40:31

[quote poster=SAM_DANGER; 29364; 526488]I'VE BEEN BITING MY TONGUE ON THIS ISSUE, BUT I JUST CAN'T DO IT ANY MORE. I REALIZE WHAT I'M ABOUT TO POST MAY ALIENATE SOME PEOPLE WHOM I HAVE COME TO LIKE QUITE A BIT, BUT SOME OF THE THINGS BEING POSTED HERE ARE, IMO, JUST TERRIBLE IDEAS.

BANNING PEOPLE FOR "SUICIDING": I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION EN4CER, BUT I HOPE THE ADMINS NEVER SERIOUSLY CONSIDER SUCH ACTIONS. THIS IS NOT JUST A NETGAINING GAME, BUT ALSO A WAR GAME. 95% OF THE TAGS ON THIS SERVER ENGAGE IN WAR ACTIONS EVERY DAY IN ORDER TO INCREASE THEIR OWN LANDS. THE LARGE ESTABLISHED ALLIANCES ALMOST ALL "GRIEF" PEOPLE WHENEVER THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT. LOOK AT ALL THE INSTANCES OF PEOPLE MAKING 4+ ATTACKS IN A ROW ON A SINGLE PLAYER, TAGGED OR NOT, JUST BECAUSE THEY KNOW (OR RATHER, THINK) THAT HIS OR HER ALLIANCE CANNOT HIT THEM BACK. WHAT MAKES THE ACTIONS OF THE FARMER MORE NOBLE THAN THE ACTIONS OF THE "SUICIDER"?

AND WHO GETS TO DEFINE WHAT IS SUICIDING? THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! DECLARED WAR ON AN ENTIRE ALLIANCE THIS RESET, AND SOME PEOPLE CALLED IT SUICIDING. WE HAVE MADE OUR STANCE ON UNPROVOKED AGGRESSION AGAINST OUR MEMBERS AS CLEAR AS WE POSSIBLY CAN, AND WE HAVE NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE WITHOUT PROVOCATION. BUT BECAUSE OUR IDEA OF PROVOCATION IS NOT THE SAME AS SOME OTHER PEOPLE, THOSE OTHERS CALL US SUICIDERS. SO SHOULD WE ALL BE BANNED AS WELL? IN OUR EYES, THE SUICIDERS ARE THOSE WHO FAIL TO STOP THEIR MEMBERS FROM ATTACKING US, EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW FULL WELL OUR STATED POSITIONS AND OUR HISTORY.

LIMITING SPECIAL ATTACKS ONLY TO CLANS OF 10 OR MORE PLAYERS: ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. THIS WOULD ONLY GUARANTEE THAT ANY TAG UNDER 10 MEMBERS - INCLUDING ESTABLISHED TAGS LIKE ICN, MONSTERS AND THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! - WOULD BE FARMED EVEN MORE MERCILESSLY, AS THEY NOW HAVE *ZERO* HOPE OF EVER LAUNCHING EVEN A SLIGHTLY PAINFUL REPRISAL ON THEIR TORMENTORS. HOW ON EARTH IS A NEW ALLIANCE EVER SUPPOSED TO SUCCEED, WHEN THEY'RE GUARANTEED TO BE FARMED INTO THE GROUND AND DENIED ANY CHANCE AT ALL FOR RETRIBUTION? IF SPECIAL ATTACKS CANNOT BE USED BY SMALL TAGS OR UNTAGGED PLAYERS, THEN THE LARGER TAGS SHOULD ALSO BE PROHIBITED FROM VISITING THEIR FORM OF AGGRESSION (LAND GRABS) ON THOSE PLAYERS.

I THINK MOST PLAYERS WHO ARE "SUICIDED" ON ARE CAPABLE OF SEVERELY LIMITING THE ABILITY OF THE "SUICIDER" TO DO WHAT HE DOES, IF NOT STOP HIM ENTIRELY. HOWEVER, EVERYONE TRIES TO RUN WITH MINIMAL MILITARY IN ORDER TO KEEP EXPENSES LOW. ITS A RISK, AND IT HAS A GREAT REWARD IF THE RISK TAKER DOESN'T GET HIT. IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS THAT I BELIEVE MOST "SUICIDERS" ARE IN SOME WAYS A FORCE FOR GOOD IN THIS GAME. IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE ABILITY OF PEOPLE TO TAKE A LITTLE VENGEANCE, WE'D HAVE NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF 70K ACRE COUNTRIES RUNNING WITH 250K OF EACH MILITARY UNIT. THE EXISTENCE OF "SUICIDERS" HELPS TO ENSURE THAT THERE IS AT LEAST *SOME* RISK IN DOING SO. WITHOUT ANY POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES AT ALL FOR HIDING ALL OF YOUR PRODUCTION ON THE MARKET UNTIL THE LAST FEW DAYS OF THE RESET, WE'D HAVE A MUCH MORE STALE GAME HERE.

I KNOW I'M IN THE SEVERE MINORITY WITH CHOOSING AN ALL EXPLORE PLAYSTYLE, BUT CONSIDER ALSO THAT EVERY TIME YOU REDUCE OR ELIMINATE THE RISKS TO THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO GAIN THEIR LAND THROUGH AGGRESSION, YOU ARE FURTHER REDUCING OR ELIMINATING THE ABILITY OF MY SMALL MINORITY TO COMPETE ON THE NETGAINING FRONT. THE RISKS INCURRED BY THE GRABBER ARE THE ONLY THING WHICH MAKES A PEACEFUL PLAYSTYLE EVEN REMOTELY POSSIBLE.

I THINK YOU'RE WRONG ON THE MARKET PART OF THIS ONE, SOV. DURING OUR WAR WITH LAF IN OUR INAUGURAL RESET, BILL AND I WERE RELEGATED TO FARM STATUS AS WE WERE NO LONGER VIEWED AS A THREAT. BECAUSE OF THAT, I WAS ABLE TO EASILY STOCKPILE FOOD ON THE MARKET, SELL IT JUST AFTER THE PEAK, AND USE THAT TO STEAL BILLIONS IN CASH AND FOOD FROM LAF PLAYERS. LAF WAS ABLE TO COUNTER THIS - AS THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN - BY SIMPLY KILLING MY COUNTRY AND ELMINATING THOSE ASSETS. IF I'D BEEN ABLE TO PROTECT ALL OF THAT ON THE MARKET AGAIN, I COULD HAVE EASILY REPEATED MY ACTIONS AT LEAST ONCE, IF NOT MORE TIMES. 70% IS JUST FAR TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING TO BE RETURNED TO THE DECEASED COUNTRY.

I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS IDEA GO AWAY OR AT LEAST BE DRASTICALLY REDUCED - EVEN THOUGH IT HAS HELPED US IN OUR WAR AGAINST TPA. IF IT IS GOING TO BE KEPT THOUGH, MAYBE THE LOST ASSETS, RATHER THAN BEING JUST VAPORIZED, SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE COUNTRY WHICH DID THE KILLING.

PERSONALLY, I LIKED THE RAMPING UP WHICH WAS PUT IN PLACE A FEW RESETS AGO. I KNOW IT RESULTED IN LONG KILL RUNS, BUT IT PROPERLY REWARDED PLAYERS FOR KEEPING REASONABLE AMOUNTS OF DEFENSE ON HAND. IF THE RAMPING UP CONCEPT WAS STILL IN PLACE, EN4CER COULD HAVE DRAMATICALLY REDUCED THE DAMAGE TO HIS COUNTRY JUST BY UPPING HIS MILITARY LEVELS SOME, WITHOUT HAVING TO KEEP THOSE LEVELS SO HIGH AS TO CRIPPLE HIS COUNTRY ECONOMICALLY.

I THINK I'M DONE WITH THIS POST NOW.. SORRY TO BE SO BRIEF AND UNDETAILED, BUT I JUST DON'T HAVE TIME FOR A LOT OF TYPING THIS EVENING. :)

HA!

SAM
HOMICIDER,
THE MIGHTY CLAN DANGER! [/quote]

The clan of Danger isnt here to grief people. There is a huge difference between suiciding and griefing. Griefers should be banned.

You made me break the quoting system :(

Edited By: locket on Jan 15th 2014, 11:48:51
See Original Post

bertz Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 11:02:27

locket you have to delete the '[' and ']' in his post.

locket Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 11:49:59

Im a failure at formatting twice now. Oh well :(

dannydk Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 12:50:15

It would be interesting. Pretty soon everyone will detag and go on suicide mode

Seems like the best way to play

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 15th 2014, 13:12:01

I didnt know that every god damn game action thread would somehow get high jacked by some old rd fluff. Youre right tella, its a fluffty thing that happened, but what the fluff does that have to do with this paticular thread? Why as a mod do you grind that weak fluff constantly. Youre all over the place.

He didn't bring it up; I did. And I wasn't comparing the current events with events that happened one or two resets ago; I was pointing out that his position on this issue seems to be different from that issue--his position on this issue, I think, being "An alliance shouldn't be held responsible for the actions of a member". One I disagree with, btw.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.