Verified:

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jan 11th 2014, 22:10:03

what is the first thing you think about?

Just curious.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

locket Game profile

Jan 11th 2014, 22:12:23

Biting power and such sadly

Marshal Game profile

Jan 11th 2014, 22:12:34

dog, either attacking or getting attacked.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jan 11th 2014, 22:18:28

all i can think of is tummy rubs. Pit bull's are not a bread, they are a type of dog, like terriers. I Just hate public missdirection by the media on the subject. It all boils down to unresponsable owners, inbreeding, and people that like to clip and dock their ears and tail. Now, I am not saying that every dog that has their ears docked, or tail cut short to a snub will attack, or have anything happen. All I am saying is that ears cliped they get infections easier and they can not hear. The dog then becomes more defensive. When you get rid of the dogs tail, well the tail is used for ballance.

/end rant

I am watching a doc about how citys have bans on this type of breads of dogs. If someone showed up at my house because according to this check list, my boston terrier would fall under a pit bull type dog. I would not let them take my boston, they would have to take me out of my house in a body bag.

/end extra rant

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Jan 11th 2014, 22:27:25

breeds. not breads. i think it's the owners responsibility to make sure the dogs don't eat people. well, to make sure that i don't eat the dog for breakfast because it tried to attack me on public property.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jan 11th 2014, 22:45:19

the terrible rapper.

Jan 11th 2014, 22:51:59

Originally posted by Red X:

Just curious.

Jack London, Call of the Wild? doggie fight.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

iScode Game profile

Jan 11th 2014, 23:15:32

Just curious.

God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2014, 23:30:23

Mija

Lobo Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 3:50:24

My annoying friends who post a crazy amount of pictures of their dogs...*they are great dogs
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

Taveren Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 4:00:21

fluff
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

mrford Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 4:03:02

dogs personality develops on how they are treated, regardless of the breed. back in the day this family that lived across the street had a frekin golden retriever that had a 30 foot leash staked in the ground in the back yard. and thats how he spent his days. meanest frekin dog i ever seen.

well loved and taken care of pits are sweet dogs. dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2014, 4:29:29

I love dogs so I think about them, my brother in-law has two and they are superb :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

ssewellusmc

Jan 12th 2014, 4:33:50

Michael Vick

daspheebsie Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 4:48:09

Cuddles and loves and happy puppy. Elves and I had two that passed from parvo and I swear to Goddess I sat and sobbed for a couple days.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jan 12th 2014, 5:02:01

Bald headed guy that is terrible
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

HavocMD

Jan 12th 2014, 5:15:05

I feel like dancing.

Bonus.

bertz Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 5:20:24

Pit Bull rapper? It's all nonsense

Souly Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 11:38:24

terrier: i've seen the movie black cat white cat and the music stuck with me :P

elvesrus

Jan 12th 2014, 12:19:16

Originally posted by daspheebsie:
Cuddles and loves and happy puppy. Elves and I had two that passed from parvo and I swear to Goddess I sat and sobbed for a couple days.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...75235805171_8158411_n.jpg
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Jan 12th 2014, 13:22:49

all i can think of is tummy rubs. Pit bull's are not a bread, they are a type of dog, like terriers. I Just hate public missdirection by the media on the subject. It all boils down to unresponsable owners, inbreeding, and people that like to clip and dock their ears and tail. Now, I am not saying that every dog that has their ears docked, or tail cut short to a snub will attack, or have anything happen. All I am saying is that ears cliped they get infections easier and they can not hear. The dog then becomes more defensive. When you get rid of the dogs tail, well the tail is used for ballance.

/end rant

I am watching a doc about how citys have bans on this type of breads of dogs. If someone showed up at my house because according to this check list, my boston terrier would fall under a pit bull type dog. I would not let them take my boston, they would have to take me out of my house in a body bag.

/end extra rant

tell them that you registered it incorrectly. it's actually a gold fish. see, look it has it's own bowl. not really sure that i like the idea of animals being in the city anyway. don't see why people should be performing cosmetic surgery on them. i dunno. even without the city bans, rental properties can impose a pet restriction. so there are plenty of examples that demonstrate that you may not have the right to own a pet.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

major Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 13:51:48

i think of my dog, cosmo.... that is tje chillest most laid back dog there is... and, a pit bull, looks like petey on the little rascals.

Makinso Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 13:54:23

Bulls of any kind can be really nice dogs. It all boils down it's owner.

Hell my uncle had 2 bull terriers, my little nephew 3 years of age could do anything with those dogs back rides, pull their ears they just didn't care rolled over once and licked him then moved somewhere else. Like any other dog, your dog is a reflection of your own behavior

qwertyqwerty Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 13:58:16

I don't care for dogs personally I'm not a dog person but I am against the idea of a 'pit bull' ban. You have a few incidents, the media sensationalizes it and then the whole picture is twisted out of proportion.

Ruthie

Jan 12th 2014, 14:10:27

It's going down, I'm yelling timber
You better move, you better dance
Let's make a night you won't remember
I'll be the one you won't forget

*dances*
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Klown Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 14:11:51

My boss

Vic Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 15:12:56

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
the terrible rapper.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jan 12th 2014, 15:35:07

@ dibs

I do not live in a city that has any kind of breed restrictions. If I did, well anyone that is friends with me and has seen my facebook knows how much my dogs mean to me. I highly doubt that they would leave with my dog if they came to get him.

Vic Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 15:49:00

wow red you do have some depth to you , huh?
i like

Jan 12th 2014, 16:07:00

i understand. felt the same about my cats. but I'm not sure how most people feel about their pets.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24478532

Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Riddler Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 16:31:47

My Beautiful dog that wouldn't hurt anyone...

Marshal Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 16:42:31

Originally posted by Riddler:
My Beautiful dog that wouldn't hurt anyone...

except mailman, milkman and ........
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Vic Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 16:57:00

ya marshal we don't really have milkmen in the states anymore :p
(granted there are a few specialty services that will delivery milk but cmon)

Nuketon Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 17:15:42

hyper, very loyal to their owner, very lovable. they are great dogs, just mistreated and abused by some.

Nuketon Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 17:18:00

I can see why some would get their tails snipped, red nose at least are very hyper and wag their tails quite a bit. They can hurt the legs of older people and children.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2014, 18:21:49

Mija (my pitbull) has a deadly tail, but has never knocked a beer bottle off the table.

farmer Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 18:53:31

Twelve countries in Europe, as well as Australia, Canada, Ecuador, Malaysia, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and Venezuela have enacted some form of breed-specific legislation on pit bull-type dogs, including American Pit Bull Terriers, ranging from outright bans to restrictions and conditions on ownership. The state of New South Wales in Australia places restrictions on the breed, including mandatory sterilization. A few counties, and cities in the United States as well as the Province of Ontario in Canada, have outright banned ownership of the American Pit Bull terrier, and the breed is banned in the UK.

1. Pit Bull – To anyone who knows dogs, the American Pit Bull Terrier is no surprise at #1 on a list of deadliest dogs. In this study the Pit Bull stood far ahead of all the other breeds with 66 fatalities attributed to it. Known for their extremely aggressive nature, many states have legislation banning the breeding of pit bulls

as with all dogs there as some risks involved but there is no doubt the pit breeds are more agerssive than others.

Boston terrier--The breed is an American creation, resulting from a cross between an English Bulldog and a white English Terrier.

The Pit Bull Terrier was created by breeding Old English Terriers and Old English Bulldogs . Not English Bulldogs "Old English Bulldogs are an extinct breed but are what the pit was created from.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2014, 20:29:53

I've had dogs all my life, and Mija, an APBT, is the smartest and bravest of them all. And she loves everyone.

farmer Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 22:51:29

there are good dogs and bad dogs in any breed but over all they are one of the most aggressive breeds out there

daspheebsie Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 23:13:28

And yet I still feel safer having them around my kid rather than small dogs and laberdoodles.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF

farmer Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 23:22:38

i used to raise Golden Retrievers they are great dogs and would trust them around my kids but still never left them unattended around a little kid i never seen one ever act aggressive. I also have two shih tzu in the house and they do some times get snappy with the grand kids so i keep them in the bedroom while they are around. the difference being a big bite or a small bite

daspheebsie Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 23:37:32

Oh yeah - don't get me wrong I don't like leaving my daughter unattended with any dog or any cat for that matter. Children should not ever be unattended with animals, because they are children, and even though you want to believe that you have taught your kids how to treat animals correctly you can't ever be certain. ;)
Current SoLer
Retired LaF

kemo Game profile

Jan 12th 2014, 23:37:53

i have a rott thats the nicest freaking dog ever. a stranger walked into the house one night and she just ran up with a toy. shes still mean looking and plenty of people go the comeplete opposite direction from her but thats ok. she even knows she gets smacked if she barks.

its entirely the owners fault how the animal acts
all praised to ra

DotTC1 Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 0:09:45

Caution.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 0:23:07

Owners can be as good as they want. When that type of dog gets out, there is a much higher chance it will viciously attack if scared or provoked.

Plus how many responsible owners buy their kids a cute little Pitt bull? Usually its the skid fluffRat or gangster wannabe that want to look more bad ass because he has a bad ass dog. Should the general pop suffer random attacks because losers are allowed to buy potential vicious dogs that they don't know how to train?

That's like saying everyone should be allowed to buy a Rocket launcher. If you can buy a hunting riffle you should be able to get a rocket launcher. Rocket launchers aren't violent, its the owners responsibility to make sure it doesn't go off.
The EEVIL Empire

daspheebsie Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 0:58:34

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Owners can be as good as they want. When that type of dog gets out, there is a much higher chance it will viciously attack if scared or provoked.

Plus how many responsible owners buy their kids a cute little Pitt bull? Usually its the skid fluffRat or gangster wannabe that want to look more bad ass because he has a bad ass dog. Should the general pop suffer random attacks because losers are allowed to buy potential vicious dogs that they don't know how to train?

That's like saying everyone should be allowed to buy a Rocket launcher. If you can buy a hunting riffle you should be able to get a rocket launcher. Rocket launchers aren't violent, its the owners responsibility to make sure it doesn't go off.

I think that is part of the reason for having the discussion in the first place. Every Canine, has the ability to be a horrible dog. Its because they are ASSOCIATED with the likes of Dog Fighting, Gangsters and Micheal Vick that they get a horrible horrible rap. Straight out, yes I have met a few pits that scared the crap out of me. But when their owner was there with me to introduce me to the dog, on his turf, he became the gentlest friggin' puppy ever.

You can't just say oh well this dog is horrible and no responsible parent would ever get this dog for their child. They make amazing service animals because of their patience that they do have, as well as their strength. I know I've met several pitties that have alerted me to my daughters seizures.

So just to say - no bad dog, or no we are always going to associate them with these people is horrid. Maybe if more people stood up for them, they would have a different light shed on them instead of this mean critter. Also sometime, go check out a show called Pit Bulls and Parolees. They prove, that pits are not horrible, they also prove, that a lot of the time, when rescued these dogs are thankful for getting out of this situation that a vast majority of the population thinks is normal for them.

/rant

Edited By: daspheebsie on Jan 13th 2014, 1:01:32
See Original Post
Current SoLer
Retired LaF

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 1:02:33

Rapper...

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 2:18:15

Yeah they can be good dogs. But mostly the losers get them because they are bad ass. Then they break out of the yard because the irresponsible loser left the gate open and they go pack hunter and eat the face off a 5 year old.

Do you think it's as high a chance that a neglected golden retriever would do that? It's probably 75% more likely that a neglected pitty would because they have not had the natural violent behavior removed through training. Most dogs don't need that.
The EEVIL Empire

farmer Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 4:40:03

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Yeah they can be good dogs. But mostly the losers get them because they are bad ass. Then they break out of the yard because the irresponsible loser left the gate open and they go pack hunter and eat the face off a 5 year old.

Do you think it's as high a chance that a neglected golden retriever would do that? It's probably 75% more likely that a neglected pitty would because they have not had the natural violent behavior removed through training. Most dogs don't need that.

this is spot on and the same thing where i live the drug users and fluff heads that think they are bad ass are the ones the own these dogs. and like said above not all are bad some are very sweet dogs but as a breed are unpredictable.

nimrodix Game profile

Jan 13th 2014, 5:01:04

my dog