Verified:

will send missiles Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 0:51:55

I've decided to try playing a Tryanny. Has anyone here played this type? If so, do you have any pointers?

Forgotten

Dec 22nd 2013, 0:58:44

don't do it.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Atryn Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 1:00:40

Resisting the urge to hit things.

Its a big problem.

iScode Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 2:01:42

join a tag
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2013, 2:09:41

Yes as a tranny you'd wear high heels and lots of sequence. I don't recommend it however.

Vic Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 4:21:45

lol req

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 12:39:11

Originally posted by Requiem:
Yes as a tranny you'd wear high heels and lots of sequence. I don't recommend it however.

+1
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Dec 22nd 2013, 12:56:14

Why is it a problem? Does it work?

Marshal Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 13:09:43

sure it works but tyr's only benefits are 1 turn per attack and bigger landgains which are useless if you aren't attacking.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Murf Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 14:11:10

Lol

Souly Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 14:17:53

Join rival and i'll teach you :P

tellarion Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 14:51:58

Join Evo and I'll teach you ever better!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 14:56:36

or even better, play as untag and grab evo and rival and gimme land.

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 15:09:17

Originally posted by will send missiles:

should make you appear taller and brighter. so it would probably work.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 19:19:26

I read "Advice on playing a Tranny"
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

DarkKnightPH Game profile

Dec 22nd 2013, 21:04:09

tyranny works fine as a user strat if you're hell-bent on warring all set.

if you're goal is to primarily net, then tyranny is not the best way to go.

just my 2 cents

macmd Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 4:03:34

Originally posted by GodHead Dibs:

should make you appear taller and brighter. so it would probably work.

Except that guys stare at your boobs all the time and don't listen to what you say?

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 7:34:39

guys don't listen at all, so it's probably just an illusion that their ears fall off when they see boobs.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Souly Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 13:03:45

Originally posted by tellarion:
Join Evo and I'll teach you ever better!

Heh you want to compete with me bub?... it means i have to get serious at playing a tyr gov... and that also means i'll get to 25 if not even more :D

Dec 24th 2013, 3:03:20

Dec 22nd 2013, 21:04:09
tyranny works fine as a user strat if you're hell-bent on warring all set.

if you're goal is to primarily net, then tyranny is not the best way to go.

just my 2 cents

OK, thanks DarkNight. I think I'm going to war all set as an untagged and biotch slap laf.

iScode Game profile

Dec 24th 2013, 4:13:44

you wont do any damage, my advise, join a tag under a fake nick (one you dont like works even better), use the tag protection to grow big and get lots of stock. Then hit Laf from the tag you used for protection.

This way you do more damage (if you time it right you can steal stock and try to make it impossible for them to kill you) and you actually piss them off.

Your way you do no damage and they laugh at you.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Soultaker

Dec 24th 2013, 10:43:11

lol scode knows about it all :))

Dec 24th 2013, 12:23:21

iScode…. excellent advise. I think I know what you mean when you say steal stock but could you clarify? Steal stock with spies or by attacks? Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm just trying to get a handle on it.

Kalick Game profile

Dec 24th 2013, 12:46:49

Originally posted by iScode:
you wont do any damage, my advise, join a tag under a fake nick (one you dont like works even better), use the tag protection to grow big and get lots of stock. Then hit Laf from the tag you used for protection.

This way you do more damage (if you time it right you can steal stock and try to make it impossible for them to kill you) and you actually piss them off.

With allies like you, LaF doesn't need enemies.

dannydk Game profile

Dec 24th 2013, 20:54:31

Laf needs more like you

its going to take a while for you to learn
what will happen to hwtg?

its going to be a full time job joining another alliance and running another few countries still

Dec 25th 2013, 16:10:33

Huh? What are you talking about? I don't even understand your response. You think I'm in
the guns clan? Please go and harass those people. I'm asking for advice on how to play a Tyranny.

Look, danny do-right, why don't you tell me your Laf country number so that I can start milking you like a cow. This way I can practice on someone that deserves it. Laf peanut. Out of curiosity, and since you brought it up, when was the last time Laf dealt with and army of multis?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 25th 2013, 16:28:40

Originally posted by dannydk:
Laf needs more like you

LaF doesn't want people like will send missiles. He sucks fluffs for fun!

hsifreta Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 17:51:14

if you're playing untagged, go commi. even if you like to hit things, hit smart, and commis give you an advantage in production. tyr is only good if you can farm things, or bottom feed, so unless if you outgrow entire tags, there's no point in being tyrant. though with ghost acres, if you can protect your ass and keep production levels up (eg tech start + maintain max tech), you gain extra on ghost acres and that's a boost. just make sure you dont get farmed. if you get farmed, it's much better to play rep where your explore rate wins over DRs.

i've played tyr for as long as i remember, and it's my preferred strat. i sometimes forget when i'm netting, and end up hitting like a tyr. the other benefit about tyr is that you can farm ppl into lower DRs, cuz you're making 1 hit attacks instead of 2, so it's beneficial as long as your hits give you more than your explore rate (given that you don't lose too much military and gain cash and tech with each grab).

but even with land trading, a tyr with max strat tech gets on really well with ghost acres. you gain extra with land trading, and you gain extra with ghost acres, giving you 25% more land than you would if you weren't. though that only works if the alliance that you're attacking retals 1:1

and if you can't maintain your production level, then you cant do retals when you are grabbed, and that limits your play a lot.

hope that was useful. feel free to contact me for more advice.

hsifreta Game profile

Dec 25th 2013, 17:58:28

iScode…. excellent advise. I think I know what you mean when you say steal stock but could you clarify? Steal stock with spies or by attacks? Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm just trying to get a handle on it.

If you do that, you might want to use a dict. stealing stock in terms of landgrabs, dont ever use spies unless if they have <20 SPAL, or you'll just weaken your own defence. it's a lot harder these days when they can spend 3 turns to pull it back and put it up again, though i'm sure a lot of them don't do that, cuz turns is money.

with a dict, you also decrease the likelihood of bouncing ops and giving htem a headsup before you strike. you can even spend a few days checkout their entire tag, if you join another alliance for protection, that alliance will be responsible for killing you, you'd be much better joining LaF for protection, and using their site against them (that's if they havent banned you yet), otherwise if you do join an alliance, you'll still be able to use their site to log all your ops so you can browse through their countries at leisure.

Dec 26th 2013, 2:37:35

Thank you Hsifreta. Very appreciative.

iScode Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 4:45:13

By stock stealing i meant you seek out countries with lots of cash or bushels on hand, so when you landgrab them you get a % of each which you use to buy more def.

Its a lot of fun if you do it right.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 4:45:46

Originally posted by Kalick:

With allies like you, LaF doesn't need enemies.

What you think im doing in sof? I am just waiting for the perfect time :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

E2025 Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 5:30:31

me too

hsifreta Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 13:25:12

a recent grab that i made only gained 2% of the stock that the target had, but its near the end of set, and you can be sure that most of them will have 2B+ cash on hand, and bushels occasionally come back from the market. you can score quite a lot if you're farming them, and with say full turns and sufficient techs, you can join GDI, 3x tap 5-6 countries, and sell the bushels that you gain on private, and buy up troops/turrets/tanks, and max out med/weap and SDI. if you can keep enough cash on hand for possible walling, it's actually really fun, as iScode says. it used to be much better, where you could drop the empty acres, but oh well.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 13:53:47

near end of set? not even halfway.

iScode Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 21:26:21

the fact you cant drop the acres is bullfluff and something pang should change!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 26th 2013, 21:42:21

why?

Dec 26th 2013, 23:28:28

Man! That is awesome advice iScode and Hsifreta. Best thread yet. I did notice that I could not drop acres… I remember being able to drop them in Earth2025. I think that you would want to some unused in order to not look so fat. I've never played a Tyranny before and it kicks ass. Are there any other players in this game that would like to milk Laf like the cows they are?

Riddler Game profile

Dec 27th 2013, 2:47:03

I already have been.

hsifreta Game profile

Dec 27th 2013, 17:47:04

of course there's a way around it, if you have 2k acres unbuilt before you start your LGing, you can drop as you go along, and just keep the 2k unbuilt. =D evil, isn't it?

hsifreta Game profile

Dec 27th 2013, 17:49:00

Man! That is awesome advice iScode and Hsifreta. Best thread yet. I did notice that I could not drop acres… I remember being able to drop them in Earth2025. I think that you would want to some unused in order to not look so fat. I've never played a Tyranny before and it kicks ass. Are there any other players in this game that would like to milk Laf like the cows they are?

with the new min 70% of original country restart rule, you can milk anything that moves if you play untagged. And best thing is, you'll be in DRs and if you have enough stock, you can just keep gaining. Eg. farm, grow, die, restart, farm, grow, die, and keep getting bigger. =P

hsifreta Game profile

Dec 27th 2013, 17:49:35

just make sure that you come oop with max turns. =D