Verified:

alliswell Game profile

Dec 7th 2013, 22:17:57

For a team server is it beneficial to do a tech start first and then switch or just skip the tech phase and purchase tech off of the market? Last set I did a tech start first, have seen a lot of guides saying that is a good thing to do, but just wondering what other players thoughts were on acquiring tech for your country.

braden Game profile

Dec 8th 2013, 22:42:51

my experience with tech starts on team server is positive. especially when you're looking to play turns and there is no tech on the market, or grossly overpriced (well, over might be the wrong word, but still very expensive prices).

so i like to get myself to a decent tech level, where i can batch explore once or twice and not destroy my techs too horribly before i'm able to buy them back up to acceptable percentages.

the issue is that you build labs, destroy them, and rebuild as cashing buildings, (or farms, if you want to be a farmer- i was speaking towards a casher above), so you spend money and turns building labs, spend turns teching, spend money destroying, and then spend money and turns rebuilding.

thats a whole lot of wasted turns and money.. so what is more important.. the tech, or turn efficiency.. but then running turns at not optimal tech % is also inefficient.. i hate math..

..or maybe math hates me. yes, lets go with that.