Verified:

Angel1 Game profile

Dec 4th 2013, 3:53:12

Contrary to popular belief, sales information is not downloaded to the brains of store associates. Is this on that sale? I don't know, what did the sign say?
-Angel1

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 4th 2013, 4:44:29

lol; you're supposed to be PLUGGED INTO THE MACHINE!
Finally did the signature thing.

braden Game profile

Dec 4th 2013, 13:20:56

arbeit macht frei, no?

downsay Game profile

Dec 4th 2013, 13:48:32

touche

Patience Game profile

Dec 4th 2013, 17:22:41

Originally posted by Angel1:
Contrary to popular belief, sales information is not downloaded to the brains of store associates. Is this on that sale? I don't know, what did the sign say?

Why the hell NOT?!?!? It's 2013, for gawd's sake... 50 years ago we put a man on the MOON, and you can't remember a sale price???

;)
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 4th 2013, 18:05:05

On the other hand the some of the folks that work at bulk barn scare me. Some of them can identify and know the 4 digit code for over 300 items in the store.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

AxAlar Game profile

Dec 4th 2013, 18:08:06

Is this Angel1's attempt at a "What did the fox say?" parody?

WHAT DOES THE SIGN SAY!?!?
a ring a ding ding ding ding ding a ling
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

deepcode Game profile

Dec 4th 2013, 18:38:38

Originally posted by martian:
On the other hand the some of the folks that work at bulk barn scare me. Some of them can identify and know the 4 digit code for over 300 items in the store.

I'm one of those people, I can remember style numbers for items our stores carried 8 years ago.

Originally posted by Patience:
Originally posted by Angel1:

Why the hell NOT?!?!? It's 2013, for gawd's sake... 50 years ago we put a man on the MOON, and you can't remember a sale price???

;)

Lol, you assume we even knew it was on sale to begin with in order to remember.. we show up to our shift, and if we're lucky, someone will keep us up to date on something important before we start serving customers or doing some menial task.

elvesrus

Dec 4th 2013, 18:51:18

Originally posted by martian:

does doing topstock inventory at a "major home improvement chain" count? years later and I still know their clearance SKUs by department >.>
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Baz Game profile

Dec 4th 2013, 19:51:53

Over here in Europe we have a supermarket called Aldi. When they first started opening branches in the UK, they never used barcode scanners.

They'd memorize, and manually input the prices for all your shopping, and still do it 2-3 times faster than using a barcode scanner.

Was amazing to watch.

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Dec 5th 2013, 1:14:00

We have Aldi in the states too!!

Shoot, i can't even remember the 4 digit code for banana, let alone know the sales price of things. Silly people. They send out flyers and put ads on TV for a reason. YOU SHOULD KNOW IT!

Angel1 Game profile

Dec 5th 2013, 3:44:35

The Retail Truth: Doctors don't work on holidays...or weekends. Getting mad at the pharmacist is not going to change this. Doctors are like banks; you are at their mercy if you need them to do something...like send a pharmacy your prescription.
-Angel1

Nuketon Game profile

Dec 5th 2013, 4:40:36

never worked retail, thankfully.

Food service? I could still ring up your order without thinking about it 10 years later.