Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 15:35:05

Originally posted by Getafix:
There is a good discussion about tech leeching on the Primary board. I was very harsh in my criticism of Ebert a week or two ago. After further consideration and reading different opinions, I agree with Red X that its OK to have a tech leech if you are D allies. Its easy to jump to conclusions and judge, and I'm sorry Ebert.
Red X wasn't really persuasive, he just said an opinion and didn't back it up with a single sentence. Vic makes a much better case here about why it's NOT okay.

And I'll tell you something else about Ebert's alliance with RussianRoulette: he actually gets double assistance. The reason why he likes to def ally RR so much is because, well, you know how RR is a moron who runs all his turns and buys up a big military on no land? What that does is give him a high defense early, while Ebert is still carrying a low defense. Ebert himself has told me he finds that very helpful. So, then, he's getting propped up early by the defense alliance AND getting free tech pumped into his country on top of it.

Giving someone a def alliance, with no other information known, absolutely does NOT make a tech leech acceptable. You have to add in additional factors such as perhaps the techer getting hammered costing many turrets and the techer maybe kind of sucking and not creating much tech before you start to see the benefits offset.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

zydx Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 15:39:07

suggestion :
leeched tech should be based on your research lab %
so only techers can leech to each other.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 15:41:01

That's a very good suggestion zydx, people have made that suggestion and others before. qzjul has never said no, but more like, "that's a project we'll think about down the line."
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Alin Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 15:52:03

blid - sorry pal but you fail at logic with your comments.

leeching gives a clear advantage over other countries that have to buy tech - no matter what. IF you reported people for coordination and got them deleted and you consider leeching legit ... well ... that`s dumb mate.

P.S: no matter if the leecher is DA with the techer!!!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 15:58:35

As for allies, in the solo servers, I ally with pretty much anyone who is interested, and if it's a newbie, so much the better.

When I choose allies, it's not always about what I can get out of it, it's what will benefit us both the most. I always extend a D Alliance with an R Alliance as a matter of course, and in the case of a newbie, I'll also let them have an intel and possibly an offensive alliance.

I don't regard allying with anyone as a possibility to cheat, as that would be something that could easily be accomplished outside the game on an alliance or team site.

In regards to the current situation, MUFASA and I have no contact outside the confines of the Express game, unless you count the newly formed alliance between us in the primary game.

He and I are such great allies to have that we had to search each other out in the other game.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 15:58:51

Originally posted by Alin:

leeching gives a clear advantage over other countries that have to buy tech - no matter what. IF you reported people for coordination and got them deleted and you consider leeching legit ... well ... that`s dumb mate.

I don't consider leeching legit dude, I just threw away my reset by hitting ebert last round for leeching.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 15:58:51

I like zydx's suggestion

Alin Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 16:01:25

Originally posted by blid:

I don't consider leeching legit dude, I just threw away my reset by hitting ebert last round for leeching.

Disregard what i`ve posted ... i`ve read Getafix post and i tought it was you.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 16:03:32

Originally posted by Cerberus:
As for allies, in the solo servers, I ally with pretty much anyone who is interested, and if it's a newbie, so much the better.

When I choose allies, it's not always about what I can get out of it, it's what will benefit us both the most. I always extend a D Alliance with an R Alliance as a matter of course, and in the case of a newbie, I'll also let them have an intel and possibly an offensive alliance.
Dude, YOU are a newbie. Last reset, after I was BR'd like 100 times by Ebert, this guy Cerberus here sent me an unsolicited message saying, "I was going to send you an alliance, but I would never ally such a poorly built country." Gee, thanks for letting me know! But here he's talking about how he loves to ally newbies. LMAO, and anyway, my country wasn't poorly built, it was parking lotted! Then I spied on this clown and he was running a rainbow country with 20k of every type of tech as well.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 16:04:16

I got into this discussion because I listened to some the opinions about Ebert and joined in the attack without having considered the issue. When I feel moral outrage, thats usually a good time to sit back and shut up until I can see things from both sides, because I can be pretty quick to leap to the attack.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 20th 2013, 11:32:49

hmmmmmmm, man im enjoying my long break from Modding,

how about you guys?? miss me yet?
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 20th 2013, 12:12:29

i take it back, you deserved to get deleted a year ago :P
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Alin Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 12:21:35

HA!

If you want my honest opinion i think you are above all mods and game admins when we talk about express server. Martian proved me (1 year ago) that he "shoots first and ask questions later". Galleri did pretty much the same thing last reset.

Altought quote "you coudn`t see cheating even when biting your ass" ( ha ! - you must admit is a funny quote ) i think you are an appropriate mod for this server which i say not because you cleaned my name in the past, but because you somehow know to combine and aplay the rules with this "complex solo server" played mostly by alliance and team players HA! HA!

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 20th 2013, 13:13:59

i do have an opinion on this deletion but its currently not my place to say anything.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

crest23 Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 13:22:05

Then shut the fluff up!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Alin Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 13:23:54

:)

See - you are still loved here ...

crest23 Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 13:26:01

He says his place is to say nothing, but does that by saying something. What a moron.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2013, 16:48:25

Well, at least he didn't share his likely wrong opinion and undermine the actual mod

Kaididdy Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 17:36:20

There is a lot of hate for the mods here, I assume bad decisions in the past have tainted people's opinions of said moderators. Doesn't seem healthy for the game.

ebert00 Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 17:44:22

FYI vic you should check your math. maybe you dont remember teching, but to gain " a billion dollars" you would need to leech a minimum of 400,000 tech. unless you are allied to me when i tech, you get nowhere near that amount. and even if you are allied to me, i think MAYBE you get around 200-300k tech.

also, 400k tech is if tech is 2500 all round long, which we all know, for a commie, they can pick up 1100-1200 tech on the last day and run 200 turns. so really, it would take closer to 600k tech for a billion dollars. check your math bro. also, i gained approx 65k tech last round from RR, hardly much and i had basically double his defense all round long, usually more. i helped him defend at least one land grab against him. overall i lost about 500k turrets as his ally.

when you make up numbers you make yourself look silly!

Vic Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 17:49:04

i actually did the math and all in all you gained 2.1 billion dollars last set

Alin Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 17:51:10

Originally posted by Kaididdy:
There is a lot of hate for the mods here, I assume bad decisions in the past have tainted people's opinions of said moderators. Doesn't seem healthy for the game.

pal this game is all about hate. If you don`t hate someone you don`t exist here.

Many of us choose to hate the mods and game adimins because they are the most hateable. If you don`t hate at least 1 game mod/admin you just wasted your time for nothing here.

This game was born out of hate - because people hated utopia. It was feed with hate, grow up with hate. What do you want from us now ? to just love each other ? | - * |

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 17:52:41

@ebert00 You are forgetting the compounding effect of getting free tech early.

If you can save 100m dollars each day, that 100m dollars instead goes into grabbing larger countries, buying more defenses, and just growing faster in general. You reach your land goal that much faster, you start to stock cheaper food that can/will resell for more, etc.

That compounds to well over 1b cash. Easily 2b in a perfect market set with D allies that double your defense.

Vic Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 17:55:09

Xin has spoken, no more to be said on this thread.
Thank you Xin!

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 20th 2013, 20:07:27

awww crest still butthurt that no one gives a damn about you or your opinion
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 20:17:33

This game was born out of hate - because people hated utopia. It was feed with hate, grow up with hate. What do you want from us now ? to just love each other ? | - * |

what?

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 20th 2013, 20:23:38

Originally posted by Kaididdy:

its because
-they believe they know the guidelines of what a mod can and cant do.
-they wanted me to delete people without solid proof,
-they couldn't understand that sometimes due to the shortness of the express reset, the discussions among mods( 2nd opinions, double checking exact rules the admins had in place) could take days due to the fact this isn't a paid job so people arent always around.
-they wanted people deleted for stuff that wasn't against any written rules,
-they wanted Mods to change stuff within the game and then got upset when the mods told them they couldn't do it because they aren't admins, then took it out on the mods when the admins didn't do anything about their complains.

i could go on, but no mod currently really wants to deal with Express due to people like Crest and JJ23
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

crest23 Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 20:24:57

Is he leeching tech this set? Or Allied to RR? Someone let me know, I can create a country and even the odds.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

CX LaE Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 20:26:04

I'd mod Express, but I have too much fun dominating!
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

crest23 Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 20:29:13

I will let it be known that I have done none of Warsters list. He can try to prove me wrong.

My beef with this idiot is because he is an idiot and incompetent. I believe the best mod woukd be a half way decent player, something this idiot knows nothing about despite playing 16 countries every set in FFA and therefore would be very experienced.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2013, 21:00:58

Originally posted by crest23:
Is he leeching tech this set? Or Allied to RR? Someone let me know, I can create a country and even the odds.
He's told me he won't be leeching anymore.

He also stated that he's hopeful RR is learning and will play better this set. So there's hope all will get along!

If he's not leeching, then it's all good... Unless RR topfeeds me. If that happens I'm following my established policy :)

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 20th 2013, 21:15:02

I'm incompetent because I don't do as crest wants, I'm not a decent player because I don't have heaps of top 10 finishes or wins by crests opinion that makes you a fluff player, but I don't play to net, which he doeant understand that my job in the alliance's I play is to protect them thru paying any reps owned and retaling and killing
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 20th 2013, 21:24:37

Crest that list wasn't about you, the jj23 and crest comment was about your habit of getting abusive when you don't get what you want ,just like jj, but he is on his own level for that stuff
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

blid

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2013, 21:49:07

all those epic messages in the death threat thread were stuff jj sent to me lol

Message from xxxxxxxxxxxx (#xxxx) sent on 03/25/2012 17:29:19
Report this message
i would destroy you in real life.

tough guy, i dare you to give me your real address and phone#. i dare you. you are scared and shaking in your corner right now.

if i got in your face, youd sh1t in your pants. i was a state wrestling champ and did 2 stints in afgan. could break your neck like a twig faster than you can say the words retal. Reply

Delete

Message from xxxxxxxxx (#xxxx) sent on 03/25/2012 17:33:30
Report this message
so like i said. keep pissing me off. got buddies still in deep and i can find anyone, anywhere in the world, and end them.

over a game. yeah. so what? i take this game seriously. id pay money to play it if i had to. you will not ruin it for me. Reply

Delete

blid

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2013, 21:49:55

i replied "i will never die" iirc, lol

CX LaE Game profile

Nov 20th 2013, 21:53:42

LMAO... that was jj? Where the hell was I when this was all going on? n00bs...
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 20th 2013, 22:15:29

I have a Folder of death threats he sent to me and others
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2013, 22:33:17

Yeah, he sent me quite a few. I got into a big war of words with him and popped up on the boards after he'd posted calling him a vicious gerbil, or going Squeak! it drove him completely crazy :)

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2013, 2:35:25

Here's an old classic. If you want to be permabanned, say something like this:

To: Getafix
Subject: read now
Date: Apr 18th, 17:03
Message Body:
keep bullying me. you have no idea whats in store for you.

you have 2 options.

you can stop now apologize and perhaps all may be forgotten

keep talking.

i have friends in high places, and law enforcement. i can IP track you down.

and you will earn one of 2 thigns.

1. a lawsuit forcing you to come to california to defend yourself for harassment in the 6 figures.
2. the biggest beatdown of your fcking life. you can sue me for it no worries, if you are ever able to pick yourself up off the ground.

yes i can find out where you live. and yes i can come pay you a visit. and no you will not be able to take me. in any type of physical altercation.

im done playing games and you are about to make this personal. make ONE more reference thats insulting me to me in any thread, and you will have problems bigger than earth forums and moderators.

Vic Game profile

Nov 21st 2013, 3:58:54

lololo what year was that dude??

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2013, 4:01:04

2011 or 2012

crest23 Game profile

Nov 21st 2013, 4:02:13

Yeah, I had a few of those too. I miss him. He was a useful tool. Sad thing is that he logs on to this website everyday to read everything but cannot post, awww.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Vic Game profile

Nov 21st 2013, 4:02:25

HAHAHHAHA BLID!!!
"if i got in your face, youd sh1t in your pants. i was a state wrestling champ and did 2 stints in afgan. could break your neck like a twig faster than you can say the words retal."
"
over a game. yeah. so what? i take this game seriously. id pay money to play it if i had to. you will not ruin it for me. Reply"

omg that is absolutely epic.
was this guy another name in 2025 ??? what years was this all??

Vic Game profile

Nov 21st 2013, 4:02:45

he reads this?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2013, 4:09:52

I can't say I miss him. He was disturbed. More than most of us.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2013, 4:11:37

heh the way he wrote all those messages seriously seemed like he was trying to scare people for real, which really is not only pathetic but means he probably needed help. otoh part of me was always tempted to believe it was some sort of master troll

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2013, 4:13:08

He was very good at winning Express, you've gotta give him that

crest23 Game profile

Nov 21st 2013, 4:14:39

He was?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 21st 2013, 4:15:46

I remember that he was, unless my memory is faulty which is more than possible

crest23 Game profile

Nov 21st 2013, 4:19:52

I think when you ask most people that knew JJ they would say he was very good at getting deleted. He's 'won' while cheating about as many times as I have, and it would behoove you not to say that I am very good at winning Express.

Edited By: crest23 on Nov 21st 2013, 5:04:17
The Nigerian Nightmare.