Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2013, 15:13:31

Just curious as to what your opinion is (anyone can answer) on RORing and GDI.

If someone ROR's you do you immediately go to war or do you let it go? I often am ready to go to war but then again that also will ruin your set too...

Where do you draw the line and how do you handle it when you do get ROR'd.

TDA101 Game profile

Nov 16th 2013, 15:24:32

RoR's are a no-no but not everyone thinks rationally.

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 17th 2013, 0:09:48

Depends on my mood, and irl factors. For example, I'm more willing to throw a reset away if I know I am away on holiday for the following 2 weeks.

Chewi Game profile

Nov 17th 2013, 5:53:36

I'd war em.

Qazulight Game profile

Nov 17th 2013, 13:39:50

What is an "ROR"

Qazulight

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2013, 14:27:06

Qazulight, typically ROR is referring to a retal on a retal. So for instance someone grabs you, you then retal the hit, then they hit you again after your retal hit.

I guess it is more of an Alliance server term but I hope that helps :)

dexsydcol Game profile

Nov 17th 2013, 16:16:54

last set someone (will not name names) ROR'd me saying that he had the right to ROR me because it was after 3 days. Where the heck did that rule come from?

I wasn't up to ruining my set over this. Am I missing something here with an unwritten rule or is it just something that most players abide by?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2013, 17:52:24

No its generally not accepted by many people. The great thing about solo servers, however, is that you get to enforce whatever standards you want/can. For instance if I am in a superior position and the other person cannot hurt me I can basically do whatever I want.

Of course acting like this will not make you any friends.

He can set any rule that you will accept and that he can enforce ;)

LATC Game profile

Nov 17th 2013, 18:06:31

Load up on warfare and tanks. Bring the rain.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Cable Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 13:12:29

War is the answer! But I would continue to net gain letting my prey think he gotta away with it. Then to I roughly a week later with cash on hand and full 120(120) you bring the pain.

LATC Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 14:44:01

Gonna be waiting a long time for 120(120) on primary server..

Also, bonus.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Rockman Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 0:54:25

Originally posted by dexsydcol:
last set someone (will not name names) ROR'd me saying that he had the right to ROR me because it was after 3 days. Where the heck did that rule come from?

I wasn't up to ruining my set over this. Am I missing something here with an unwritten rule or is it just something that most players abide by?

He has the right to RoR you because you didn't have enough turrets to keep the game from stopping him from trying to do a PS on you. If he doesn't have enough jets to break but still has enough to attack, then he can still RoR you, but all he will do is kill a few turrets.

Its his right to enforce a 72 hour retal window, and your right to retal outside of the 72 hour window. When those rights conflict with each other, then either one of you can choose to start a war over it, or you can just choose to let the other person use their retal policy.

Qazulight Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 1:14:11

Originally posted by Requiem:
Qazulight, typically ROR is referring to a retal on a retal. So for instance someone grabs you, you then retal the hit, then they hit you again after your retal hit.

I guess it is more of an Alliance server term but I hope that helps :)

I see. For a GDI member it means breaking GDI. For those of us who maintain Tanks Troops and Turns, this is a good thing.

Cheers
Qazulight

blid

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 1:16:38

Hey Rockbro. Do you have a country this reset?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 1:54:52

Originally posted by blid:

No. I tried to get him to play but he doesn't have time :(

Rockman Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 4:58:39

Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by blid:

No. I tried to get him to play but he doesn't have time :(

It's far too likely that I'll accidentally go a week (or two) without playing EE, so I don't have a country.