Verified:

iScode Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 3:17:38

Ok so my little experience in ffa this set and my 1 on 1 friendly war with ford has had me thinking that a little competition would be fantastic for the game.

I am really enjoying the war that i think we could have a king warmonger tournament. There are a couple of ways we could do this and I think with a little help from mods (even have them moderate/run the tournament) we could make this very enjoyable and a great spectacle.

The basic theory is simple. A knockout tournament which starts of with say 32 people (numbers doesnt need to be exact), there is a draw and you get an opponent. You have a 1 on 1 war on FFA, no outside interference of any kind and no restarting so just 16 countries each. Winner is the tag with the most NW at the end of the war and they move on till the next round until we get semi finals and finals.

The countries will have to be all explore only so no incoming or outgoing attacks until the fs time, have the mods set it up so they are on the server but can not be attacked or attack until the planned fs date and once that time hits they can only hit there enemy (otherwise some people can just have friends suicide the countries not making the war fair, im unsure on this point though).

I dunno just a thought I had, would be interested to see peoples thoughts and what the mods think, I have no idea how hard or easy it would be to set up but if people are keen and the mods are keen i dont mind trying to organise and make this work, i think it would be great and especially over a year where you get to a final fighting for the best warmonger of the year, especially as it incorperates everything that makes a good warmonger, activity, country build, exploiting enemy weakness, and the no restarting factor really adds an extra level of skill to the game, it will get to a point where nether side can kill so will rely on the best skills at keeping an enemy at bay while growing yourself.

anyway let me know your thoughts, I posted this on AT too to get there opinion
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 3:21:01

oh also, the mods can set a 72 hour fs period time and then both people would need to agree on the exact fs time, if no agreement can be made thats where the mods decide the exact time attacks open up from.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Home Turf Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 5:34:30

tournament style with losers drop out then redraw on winners, till only one warmonger is left sounds awesome
HT

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2013, 6:27:12

I like the idea. I think it has merit and could be fairly simple to make work.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Donny Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 17:47:36

mmmmm im down. im sitting here with my thumb up my ass on 7b bushels w full war countries.
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

ZIP Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 17:59:11

how did the no restatr go ?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

iScode Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 23:31:43

zip still going ford winning cuurently
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Nov 18th 2013, 23:33:24

This is a good idea for a server by itself.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

iScode Game profile

Nov 19th 2013, 11:50:24

the only problem i see with a server by itself is the market. though i guess you could just have an unlimited public market at the same equal price (- tech) , the only difference then would be tech market and what you set that price at.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Nov 20th 2013, 20:16:20

could mix it with tourny market. Add a twist to there market it.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

pollex

Nov 23rd 2013, 5:43:58

wow, very cool idea

althought you realize since its a new and sounds like easily implemented idea QZ will likely not do it right?
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

ColoOutlaw

Nov 23rd 2013, 5:54:41

Why not just do it here?? I would think most clans would be willing to not kill you if you post your tag on here. You might get a few LG's thrown at you but you will be war prepped and most likely take a lot more land then they get?

Or you can even just stay in your home clan and detag once the tourny is set up. Either way, I just don't know why a whole new server should be created when this one is perfectly suitable. If it's here you don't have to worry about the market or anything.

RLintz Game profile

Nov 24th 2013, 13:43:06

If we had a 1vs1 server, markets could "clone" other server market prices.
eg: military would be unlimited to buy, but the price for each unit would be an average of FFA, and Alliance at that moment.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 24th 2013, 22:48:34

Fantastic idea. I'd lose in the first round but awesome idea

ColoOutlaw

Nov 24th 2013, 23:34:00

If you need another server to protect yourself from being hit, I will save you the time and trouble and just tell you that you aren't the best warmonger.

iScode Game profile

Nov 25th 2013, 1:31:44

Not at all colo

Say I drew someone like say Boltar in the first round (just an example). Before the set starts he could organise 5 or 6 people to purposly play countries and kill me before the war starts. Even the best war monger could not over come that disadvantage.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

ColoOutlaw

Nov 25th 2013, 10:54:32

Lol. Well why stop at 5-6 people? Why not 10-11 people and really kick their ass? If you don't play FFA much then you probably don't realize most players here are pretty laid back.

I also believe that a new server will not be created for 1v1. It's either this server or no server, so suck it up buttercup.

iScode Game profile

Nov 27th 2013, 22:54:19

actually the mods are discussing it so nanananana :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!