Verified:

zydx Game profile

Nov 16th 2013, 2:26:58

does it really work?
will private market savings/discount be worth the total cost :
rebuilding cost
plus lost income (cashing income for cashers, tech for techers)
??

nah.

braden Game profile

Nov 16th 2013, 2:54:47

on this server, i would guess it does not. i can not imagine much luck in reselling, where loss of otherwise production and rebuild costs overweight any reselling you might luck into

but people who can count will answer with actual advice, not a guess :P

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2013, 3:00:47

I think there used to be an opportunity for reselling in Express, but the new GDI took the troops and tanks out of the game. Now its a game of slaughter the noobs at the bottom whose only defence is DR :)

blid

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2013, 3:01:38

Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2013, 3:03:33

Wait, even better (with old building cost formula though):
http://www.earthempires.com/express/146/ranks/28
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2013, 3:05:58

Right on Blid

blid

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2013, 3:07:33

You're right though that there's not as much money in reselling without people using troops/tanks. But as these are destocks only, that doesn't really impact it much

blid

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2013, 3:16:08

Also note it's not a clearly superior destock or anything. I think the jury is out on it, even with Metygl's 38m country. It clearly works if done right, but it's hard to say whether it works better.

afaik Game profile

Nov 16th 2013, 9:59:05

as with all of these things i reckon it's heavily market dependent. longer sets work better as there's more chance for reselling even if time to market is longer. i'd usually advise not to mbr destock unless you have a larger than usual stock at the 2/3rds set point. i.e. market favourable early.

metygl is just a wizard at working things. i was impressed anyway... he was noobish only a few months earlier then went and aced various finishes with all sorts of different strats. he did put in the time though, both to the strategy thinking and the actual playing i.e. no sleeps. made it worthwhile for sure though!

Herbs Game profile

Nov 16th 2013, 14:15:46

I haven't seen Metygl around for some time. He is a little wizard in some strats.

I tried it once tmbr thing and I believe I finished with a fluffy 21.5m.

braden Game profile

Nov 16th 2013, 22:45:12

that is a very nice country, metygls. do you know how long he was mbr for, blid?