Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2013, 14:25:38

I recently found a leecher. Does the primary community still view that has shady?

PaleMoon Game profile

Nov 15th 2013, 15:05:50

yep :)
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

TDA101 Game profile

Nov 15th 2013, 15:09:41

can we get QZ to fix this.

lenshark Game profile

Nov 15th 2013, 15:39:31

should ban allies altogether imo; it's a solo server after all.

ppl can get defense allies but no for offense, for example

Edited By: lenshark on Nov 15th 2013, 15:45:29
See Original Post

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 15th 2013, 16:22:58

In most netgainer opinion it's shady. In game mod opinion it is not. So ignore him and play your game as best you can. Usually the top guys never leech, and leeches don't usually stay in the top because usually they get called out and someone hits em.
The EEVIL Empire

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2013, 17:08:18

Oh i wasnt going to do anything about it! But i am keeping an eye on all his allies to make sure they dont play coordinated.

now im nothing Game profile

Nov 17th 2013, 4:40:33

It can be diplomacy. You know, find a mediocre techer who has weak defense offense and horrible intel offer them the power of your commie military for some techs.. ha ha ha ha :) It is shady though ;) I have done some leeching in my days. At the same time I have had no leech and have had my better finishes. Teching in primary this set, but running a pretty mean all explore commie in express this set leech free of course ;)

Edited By: now im nothing on Nov 17th 2013, 5:07:02
See Original Post
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

now im nothing Game profile

Nov 17th 2013, 5:04:01

and in fact someone "cowgurl" or cow something sent me a tech slot this set in express which was odd I declined... they are an evil giver of leech power hhahaa
less defined as days go by. Fading away well you might say I am losing the focus. Kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 17th 2013, 6:55:46

I get multiple tech offers every reset. Usually small countries that don't know what they are doing and just trying to fill all slots. Lol.

I accepted one once and offered advise/training for tech... It wasn't worth the tech, but he was a good guy and I talked to him for multiple sets. That was maybe a year or two ago??? I dunno. Random tech leeches aren't really worth it unless you coordinate with someone who knows what they are doing, but you'd be coordinating, so no. No good player would offer free tech to someone unless they are helping their buddy. ~~~coordination.
The EEVIL Empire

Assassin Game profile

Nov 17th 2013, 19:50:29

i'm leeching tech this set for the first time ever on this server. a guy I don't know sent me unsolicited def, intel, and research proposals. I accepted the def and intel alliances but messaged back that I wasn't teching. he wrote back that since my def and spies were higher than his, he'd be fine with me leeching tech. so, I accepted the research proposal. should I be burned at the stake?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2013, 1:53:47

Yes!!!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2013, 2:28:05

That's not the worst thing ever but ehh.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 2:35:51

Originally posted by Assassin:
i'm leeching tech this set for the first time ever on this server. a guy I don't know sent me unsolicited def, intel, and research proposals. I accepted the def and intel alliances but messaged back that I wasn't teching. he wrote back that since my def and spies were higher than his, he'd be fine with me leeching tech. so, I accepted the research proposal. should I be burned at the stake?

The netgainer in me says, "Yes", because if he is teching even just half his turns, your income is increased by 10% (the cash value of tech gained) and this poses a significant advantage to any top player that knows how to take advantage of it.

Top players also generally don't get attacked very much, so D-allies aren't "leeching" by any sense for them, in that no turrets are actually ever used. Feel free to see the top 10 countries in the past resets and see how many times each country has been attacked.

TDA101 Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 8:09:38

Xinhuan push for QZ to fix tech leeching!

Assassin Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 15:29:40

point taken, but in this instance he has about 1/8 my defense, and is getting attacked, so i am losing turrets.

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 16:23:19

In that case, he will not be teching much, therefore he is leeching from you, and you aren't benefiting either. You would be better off with a bigger D-ally that can actually help defend you in the unlikely event you get hit.

Leeching isn't that big a deal in the lower ranks, its only an issue in the upper ranks.

Assassin Game profile

Nov 18th 2013, 19:02:51

ya, i agree, but he's a nice guy so i don't wanna drop him

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Nov 18th 2013, 23:43:32

I think leaching is ok as long as they are d allies.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

blid

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2013, 13:30:31

And what if they never get hit so you never lose anything and you get a ton of tech?

I dunno, why mess with it.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.