Verified:

BigBoi

Nov 2nd 2013, 20:40:29

going to play ffa and see how it goes here playing more than one country

i think im going to play 4 countries only but i might step it up to more than that later if i feel i need the protection.

i heard you need to let people know here on the boards so this is my notice. can all clans state their rules of attacking or is there a general rule somewhere and i dont see it.

also, can each and every clan post their method of contacts here or pm me stating their clan name and best form of contact. this will help tremendously

thanks for your cooperation and helping me get off the ground.

BigBoi

Nov 2nd 2013, 20:41:20

oh yeah, my clan name will be Big Boi

Marshal Game profile

Nov 2nd 2013, 21:38:47

mostly forum private messaging is used and then comes irc, general rule is stay out of alliances radar aka no daily grabbing against other alliances (best is to play all-x or grab your own countries) and definitely no demoralization or other harmful spyops and no missiles, retalling (if you get attacked) is simple aka 1 hit is 1 retal and 2 hits is 3 retals etc (or simply retalling all attacks with 1:1) but if you need to do more than 3 retals contact attacking alliance's leader (http://wiki.earthempires.com/...ances#Free_For_All_Server has somewhat up-to-date contacts).

anyways welcome aboard and be your ffa trying be successfull.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

RLintz Game profile

Nov 2nd 2013, 23:30:51

Missiles are not acceptable means of retaliation.

RLintz Game profile

Nov 2nd 2013, 23:32:20

http://www.aresempire.com/Retaliation.HTM

Here is the retaliation policy for Ares.
I think you'll find that most other clans here are not much different from ours.

Best of luck to you.

BigBoi

Nov 2nd 2013, 23:35:27

why isn't an em or the one that destroys land considered an acceptable means of retaliation? the aggressor still loses land and there is still a chance of the missile not going through such as failing a ss or ps

please no answers such as because it has always been that way. i'd like to know the reason behind that rule and if there is a logical explanation to it.

thanks for your help

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 3rd 2013, 1:18:40

because missiles are considered acts of war and most alliances have policies of 1 missiles equals death
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

RLintz Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 4:10:56

I think Warster sums it up well.

Also, be carful about using spy ops.

Clans tend to accept the following ops:
Spy
Spy on Alliances
Military Spy

These are normal ops to gather information before attempting a grab.
Anything else will more then likely result in all countries involved being dead with in 48 hours.

Eg:
If you try to Demoralize or Cause Dissension to increase your chances of a successful grab. All countries involved will more then likely be added to the defending clan's death list. Further more, if they consider your string to be a threat (This will most likely happen), all of your countries will also be killed to reduce future hostile actions.

FFA is full of good people and good players. FFA is also extremely war torn, and that is how we like it here.

RLintz Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 4:18:40

To explain the missile issue a little better...
If missiles were allowed to be used to retal, then we have an issue where someone may try to Sabotage Missiles to block a missile retal.

Considering most FFA clans are here for war, this would take away a very valuable asset just so that someone can try and grab without being missiled for the retal.

It's best to just say "Missiles not acceptable method of retaliation".

Rosco Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 10:32:15

I do want to thank you for posting your intentions here. most one man tags will not be harmed if they declare their intentions here.

Rosco
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

BigBoi

Nov 3rd 2013, 16:10:33

Originally posted by Warster:
because missiles are considered acts of war and most alliances have policies of 1 missiles equals death

that's not really a good explanation on how they got to make that rule. what is the reasoning behind it? both attacks make the other lose land. in fact, isn't it less harmful than a ss or ps due to not losing food,tech, and money?

i just do not see the logic behind it other than people not liking it. it should be considered for revisement since it doesn't really make sense.

is it not better to get em'ed than retalled the other way? granted it'd be one missile per hit

BigBoi

Nov 3rd 2013, 16:14:44

Originally posted by RLintz:
If missiles were allowed to be used to retal, then we have an issue where someone may try to Sabotage Missiles to block a missile retal.

Considering most FFA clans are here for war, this would take away a very valuable asset just so that someone can try and grab without being missiled for the retal.

This also is not just. how is it different from trying to sabotage a missile to block a retal than somebody causing dissension and making them lose troops to take away their offensive power?

i also want to address the "best to just say". this is good men accepting the lesser evil. is that how things are done here?

again, im trying to understand the implementation of policies and not just trying to join something that i do not understand or would agree with.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 16:15:36

oh boy.

RLintz Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 16:55:16

BigBoi,

FFA is a community. Most of the rules and policies are in place, because the clans of FFA as a collective whole agreed that these policies are best practices. Although each clan may differ a little, as a general outline, we are all the same.

Think of FFA as swimming in a piranha tank. The rules and policies are here to help you avoid getting devoured.

RLintz Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 17:05:34

That reminds me...

If you do make an error, your best bet is to contact the clan you made the error against. They will not try to contact you.

None of us would be like "man, now we have to kill this country"
Most would be "Yes, something to kill!"

Sit back and watch the global news, death here is continuous.
FFA is the most turbulent server of earth.

Twain Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 18:50:47

Generally, we're much nicer to newbies than 1a.

However, you don't get to come here and tell us our rules are stupid and that we need to change. The policies that exist are there for a combination of two sometimes conflicting reasons:

a) The desire for the big clans to protect their interests, and
b) The desire for ALL clans to make it a somewhat even playing field.

They're contradictory goals in some ways, and FFA is much friendlier to newbies than 1a (no L:L retals here, which benefits the big clans more than the small ones), but at the same time, as RLintz said, the big clans are here to play to win. PANLV, NBK, CC, TKO and the others aren't going to accept a missile as a retal.

Regardless of all this, here's one simple reason why missiles aren't accepted as retals: They're not an attempt as restitution, they're an attempt at revenge. The point of a land grab isn't to harm the other country, it's to make mine better, and if your ONLY goal in retaliating is to harm me, and not to try to make yourself whole again, then you're acting in an aggressive manner and I'll consider that an act of war.

ZIP Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 19:51:36

tbh i would rather take a nuke then a retal/ i would get to keep more land. - just saying.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Marshal Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 20:11:45

Originally posted by Twain:
The point of a land grab isn't to harm the other country.

unless its multiple grabs but many take that as act of war too.

BigBoi

Nov 3rd 2013, 20:51:48

I do not see how an em is much more worse than a regular ss/ps when it comes ingame mechanics. Which is why I'm trying to understand the logic behind the implementation of it.

Twain, you said it. I didn't call them stupid just me trying to understand them. Think of it as you can show me how to fish, but don't tell me why the rod is made that way. If you understand it then you will be able to work with it a lot better.

Perhaps maybe the em was different back then and would be more harmful than it is today. That would justify the reason why they weren't allowed as an acceptable means of retaliation. I hope you see where I'm going with it.

A lot of the reasons you are giving me sounds like "this is my way or the highway" and if that is the case and how it is done then i rather not play lol

just me and i'd rather know now than later

Twain Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 21:59:04

Basically, when you use a missile, you put yourself in a weakened position. Quite honestly, if someone sent a cruise or a nuke at me as a retal, if I still gained land on the transaction, I'd probably accept it. If not, I'd retal the missile hit and tell you that if you missile me again, I'm going to kill you.

However, a clan like NBK for instance might be looking for targets to kill, and if you provide a reason for them to kill you, they're probably going to oblige.

And as far as numbers mattering, this is a competition, so while it may sound like bullying "my way or the highway" type of rhetoric, it's really the fact that the fact that people accept retals at all is really a sign of the desire to not go to war over every little issue and to make the game at least somewhat fair for smaller guys. After all, if one of the big clans, especially one of the big war clans, decided to not accept retals, how much could anyone else do about it?

IT's just that if you retal with a standard or planned strike, you know what you're getting. If you missile someone, you could get anything from "that's cool, I gained on the transaction" to logging in and finding all 16 dead (because most of us when we do kill, we try not to leave you the option to do us more harm by leaving 15 out of 16 alive).

BigBoi

Nov 3rd 2013, 22:34:33

yeah, the game admins leave too much in the players hands. it could be a good thing or a bad thing. i think it has gone a bit on the bad side.

thanks for all the info and cooperation but from what i've been reading ffa does not sound fun. i'll be sticking to primary.

thx all

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2013, 0:02:40

You should try FFA, it's more fast-paced then any other server.

The reason people gets killed here is because turns ain't a problem in FFA. I got 16 countries to play wich means that it's easy to kill a country all by myself.

Give it a go man, pick an alliance, get in there and have a good time. All big alliances has people willing to learn you how to play and the dos and don'ts on this server

~whooze
NBK
(Killing a LOT)

Twain Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 2:32:50

Honestly, most people don't grab outside their own alliances anyway, so you probably won't need to worry about retals much anyway.

But if you're intent on trying to change the established policies of clans, then you're probably better off sticking to the solo servers.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 4th 2013, 12:53:21

FFA is fun since here you can test different strats (even tyr casher if really wants). if you need land you have 16 countries to trade with and no need to spend 15+ mins searching targets and spend alot turns into spying.

however if you plan to retal with missiles (even with cruises) then your countries will most likely get killed quickly.

BigBoi

Nov 5th 2013, 1:09:52

not one could give a good logical reason how an em is a lot more harmful than a ss/ps

i dont know if it is because it has been the norm for so long and you guys are just brainwashed into accepting it or it is a tradition and you guys are just so elderly-like stubborn to give up the old ways.

either way i find it funny though that even after i said i'm sticking to primary whooze says people die because turns isn't a problem. doesn't really answer the underlying reason of why an em is > harm than a ss/ps

twain, says people don't grab outside so I shouldn't worry about retals much. that helps...lol

marshal goes completely off and tries to sell ffa by saying i can try different strats.

none address my question and that in itself says a lot about the group that plays this game. the level of intelligence here is a bit on the durp durp side

lol it is like me asking for an apple and you guys try to sell me an orange haha.

Twain Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 1:16:11

I did address your topic and told you why.

It doesn't help you to launch a missile at me. When you're acting in a way where it's entirely out of revenge instead of benefiting your country, you're perpetrating an act of war.

Dragon Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 1:23:25

IMO, a single EM or CM or BR, GS, or AB as a retal for a grab was always acceptable to me personally. Regardless of nature, it's still a 1:1. Only retal I wouldn't accept was a nuke.

That said, with rare exception, that's not how this server works, BigBoi. You can argue your point till Doomsday if you like but I recommend listening to what these guys are telling you.

Bottom line. If you look for trouble on this server, you'll find it.

Rosco Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 2:36:45

Im going to put the bottom line on this for ARES.... First off we war gain so we don't grab. However if you choose to grab us and we retal, and you retal our retal we will kill the offending country. If you retal with missles or harmful spy ops. We will take you entire string. Each server has differant politics. FFA is no differant. It's simple, don't hit us we won't hit you.Hit us and we will Retal 1:1 for tagged 2:1 for untags. Bottom line don't hit us. We want and encourage you to play FFA. Just know the rules. Every Aliance here is fair when it comes to Retals. We are also very deadly very quick if you abuse it.

Rosco
Ares HFA

Edited By: Rosco on Nov 5th 2013, 12:29:25. Reason: Typo
See Original Post
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

BigBoi

Nov 5th 2013, 5:12:22

It doesn't help you to launch a missile at me. When you're acting in a way where it's entirely out of revenge instead of benefiting your country, you're perpetrating an act of war.

Let me see if i can put it in "low iq" terms for you lol

you punch me(ss)
i can either punch you back with knuckles(ps) or i can spit in your face(em).

THE EM DOES LESS DAMAGE TO YOU BUT YOU WON'T ACCEPT IT BECAUSE IT IS AN ACT OF WAR AND IT WILL ESCALATE.

logically, you should accept the spit but you don't want it because it is in YOUR CULTURISTIC view more disgraceful.

I just wanted somebody to explain to me WHY they didn't see the spit acceptable(some people are just too full of pride and still say they'd rather get punched than get spit on....STUPID!!!)

this server is bad lol...im not playing dragon btw as i said above im sticking to primary but it was just an eye opening experience seeing you all defending your rationale as to why missiles are not an acceptable forms of retaliation.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 5th 2013, 5:35:35

Lol

nuke - only destroys land where as ss and ps makes land
Cm- the only missile that kills so people treat it as an declaration of war

Those 2 will get you killed every time

Em a war alliance = death cos they want a reason to kill
em a netting tag they may let it go, but they may kill u if they have a kill squad that is bored.

At the end of the day the reason is because we can, it's what you can enforce and big clans have the power to do it , where small tags don't.

Edited By: Warster on Nov 5th 2013, 5:44:45
See Original Post
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

bstrong86 Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 5:36:01

Ure dumb. Go play a solo server and stay off our boards.
The Death Knights

XI

BigBoi

Nov 5th 2013, 11:42:17

warster, i will agree that cm is not a proper retal. however, even though the nuke destroys land and the retaliator will not get it back, the retaliated will lose land no matter what. so what does it matter if they lose it to the player or to the game?

bstrong, i will forgive your insult since it is pretty obvious that you do not have an intelligent contribution to the topic. In your head you are probably "this guy is right. if i hit somebody and gain 1000 acres, money, tech, and food and they retal with a nuke i will only lose land. It may not even be the full 1000 acres! hey! I might come out ahead!"

However, i know you are a follower just like the vast majority in this world. You do not question the system but just assimilate into it and that is okay. We can't all be leaders and look beyond what is given to us in front of us.

bstrong86 Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 12:11:11

You can ask anyone here, i would kill you over hittin me a missile for a retal. Its our policy to do.

Why destroy acres? Next to turns, its the most valuable commodity.

And no i tend to do what i want for the most part. I use to get XI mixed up in retaling wars with tko and whoever else i could.
The Death Knights

XI

Rosco Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 12:45:28

Originally posted by BigBoi:
Originally posted by RLintz:

This also is not just. how is it different from trying to sabotage a missile to block a retal than somebody causing dissension and making them lose troops to take away their offensive power?

i also want to address the "best to just say". this is good men accepting the lesser evil. is that how things are done here?

again, im trying to understand the implementation of policies and not just trying to join something that i do not understand or would agree with.

Lol man, I don't think your getting the point we are all trying to make. If you Missle as a retal, use harmful spy ops, or Retal a Retal...It will be considered an act of war. This server already has a suicide problem. You made your point, we have all responded, you are welcome to play FFA and as ARES HFA I will tell you right now that we will give you a DNH pact if you tag up and contact me and ask for one. There is no point beating this thing into the ground. It's a great place but you have to go by the rules just like the rest of us. We are a tight group. We want you to play but just remember this thread. Thank You and good luck

Rosco
Ares Head of Foreign Affairs

Edited By: Rosco on Nov 5th 2013, 12:47:39
See Original Post
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

BigBoi

Nov 5th 2013, 12:46:38

and here comes the tough guy image lol

you're so predictable

"its our policy to do"

sounds to me like you're following everybody else. anywho, you're all getting boring for me. out!

Rosco Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 12:49:34

How is that tough guy? Im known as one of the most resonable FA's on the server?
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

Rosco Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 12:51:36

Tough guy would be me saying Ares will not sign a DNH and we will farm you into the ground and then kill you. Thats not what we want.
FFA- Ares VP
Alliance- SOF
Team- MKR

Twain Game profile

Nov 5th 2013, 18:20:30

Let me see if i can put it in "low iq" terms for you lol

you punch me(ss)
i can either punch you back with knuckles(ps) or i can spit in your face(em).

THE EM DOES LESS DAMAGE TO YOU BUT YOU WON'T ACCEPT IT BECAUSE IT IS AN ACT OF WAR AND IT WILL ESCALATE.

logically, you should accept the spit but you don't want it because it is in YOUR CULTURISTIC view more disgraceful.

I just wanted somebody to explain to me WHY they didn't see the spit acceptable(some people are just too full of pride and still say they'd rather get punched than get spit on....STUPID!!!)

this server is bad lol...im not playing dragon btw as i said above im sticking to primary but it was just an eye opening experience seeing you all defending your rationale as to why missiles are not an acceptable forms of retaliation.

I love how while you were acting condescending pretending that you're so much smarter than me, you create a comparison that doesn't at all connect to my point.

If one guy punches another guy in the face, there is nothing to be gained by that action.

A better connection would be theft.

If I do something that nets me $100 from you, and you have the chance to either try to get your $100 back or you could destroy $100, or hell, even $70 of my stuff, there is a difference between the two.

Trying to get your $100 back is an act of restitution. Destroying $70 of my stuff is an act of revenge.

Perhaps instead of put things in low IQ terms for me, you should try to see my point.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Nov 5th 2013, 20:14:55

twain no point explaining anything to him, he has proven he has no idea on how the game actually works

example

warster, i will agree that cm is not a proper retal. however, even though the nuke destroys land and the retaliator will not get it back, the retaliated will lose land no matter what. so what does it matter if they lose it to the player or to the game?

i didnt know that with a SS or a PS the retaler will not get his land back no matter what, twain tko and pan must have done all wrong over the years.

maybe bigboi if you built a decent retal country you would get it all back.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2013, 4:57:52

The no missile rule carried over from the original alliance game because bottomfeeders never want to leave any chance that they will lose any land in a retal, so in order to make it as difficult as possible for some new player to retaliate, they instituted this rule, thus reducing the chance of that newbie taking or destroying that land and only allowing a potential "legal" retal open to a player that has the capability to retal using an SS or PS strike.

It's simple really. GREED!
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!