Verified:

Makinso Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 14:58:47

Dear EE community.

As of last night it was made clear to the EE community that certain RDers have made a security breach into boxcar for various reasons.

The sons of liberty are going to post 1 official statement about how we feel and look upon what has gone down in the past 12 - 24 hours and how we look at the future. This is our one and only official response. Other SOLers can or might respond but if you wish to see our official ideas about this we strongly advise you back to this post.

We will address all points individually.

1) The boxcar break in:

To whomever did this your presence is no longer wanted. A precedent was set when hanlong and TC did their thing. The community was disgusted with what was done. The Game's admins took actions and we supported that. The fact the specific RDers involved just went along the same lines for personal gain shows how much disrespect they have for this community as a group. Therefore the Sons of Liberty feel the involved RDers should no longer be welcome to any EE tag or any EE game.

2) Forms of Guilt.

By all means we feel that if someone was involved in this scheme you should be banned from this game permanently. We realize ban evasions will happen so be it. It's about the statement.

When it comes to involvement we feel most forms of involvement make you guilty. Knowing about it but not talking, participating in break ins, logging into accounts of which information was stolen, et cetera, by our standards make you guilty as charged.

3) The floating excel sheet with personal information and stealing of personal information in general.

This should be removed from the web as soon as possible. Whether this is an RD retrieved list or not, this list was ill gotten gained and it should not be out there.

As to the subject of stolen personal information... yes, when you sign that information up to a gaming website it possibly might leak, this does not mean this makes that action legal or morally okay by any means. Those who retrieve this information in any other way then by permission of the owner should be punished. Do no shift the blame from the attackers to those who were attacked.

4) The logging into other accounts.

With SOL being on GHQ, hardly any accounts were compromised. However, looking at the IPs we're very sure my own (makinso) account was compromised by the Romanian IP in the last 7 - 8 days as we've spotted 2 log ins. Further research is being done by GHQ admins. We hope we can find no more instances.

Other accounts in boxcar have been compromised as well. The illegally retrieved information has been used and abused by those specific RDers. Once again they should be severely punished

5) Admin reprimands for RD.

We deem the admins actions as correct and fair. This does not mean we do not feel the pain of the RD members who were unaware of the situation / being legit players. We understand the pain and anger.

We do however feel your admin targeted anger is misplaced. The participating RDers in this illegal scheme have brought you into a position where you risked running into the admins taking radical courses of action. They lied to you, basically cheated you and had you play for them under false pretenses. This should be deemed unacceptable and deserving of your targeted anger.

Your current admin targeted anger only causes more feelings of mistrust as it is looked upon as scurrying away from what has happened ,trying to cloud the given judgement or trying to protect your own. These actions would be considered dishonorable and even worse in our eyes would make you an accomplice, just as guilty as since you would be embracing what has been done while it should be rejected.

6) Sons of Liberty look upon the future and RD.

Talking to RD we realize that there is a group who feels betrayed, back stabbed and mangled. As you should! What has been done to you by your brothers is unforgivable.

What the future holds is hard to tell. It falls or stands with what RD is going to do now. How is RD going to respond officially (instead of this banter we're seeing on AT atm)? Who is going to lead RD and under what circumstances? Will there be an RD at all or for example a spin off under complete new management with the legit group of players? Answers to these questions will determine the future of RD as a tag and an alliance.

Long story short, RD it is upon you to undo what your brothers have bestowed upon you.

---------------------------------------------

Admins: good catch and good job.

RD: best of luck trying to figure out what to do... you're in a tough spot.

-The Sons of Liberty Alliance.

Makinso, Sons of Liberty Head of Foreign Relations

Edited By: Makinso on Oct 30th 2013, 15:01:38
See Original Post

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 14:59:25

Confirmed.

Nomnomnom
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

TeckMing Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 15:03:47

too much words

Wu Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 15:15:21

SOL is ranked too high

Trife Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 15:19:33

'3) The floating excel sheet with personal information and stealing of personal information in general.'

Hrmmm I hadn't heard of this... can anyone else offer some more details?

KriSatZ Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 15:26:28

This is a pretty good post, but then I expect nothing less from any tag who has CC leading the FR!
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

Makinso Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 15:39:30

Yes I can trife it has LCNs details on it as well. Can you find me on IRC ?? irc.scourge.se otherwise skype would work sanderkonings1

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 15:53:42

2nd in FR command under maki kristaz. I don't want to take credit where it is not due. All I did was proof read it and correct maki's horribad grammar mistakes. At least it's readable now. Lol ;p

Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

SuperFly Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 15:57:42

where is the link for the SOL application page??????????

Makinso Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 16:02:10

MauricXe Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 18:48:30

Detah to SoF!

Riddler Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 19:23:04

Superfly the link u seek is Rage boxcar

Junky Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 19:24:37

I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 19:33:26

Makinso summarized this well...
Sol.ghqnet.com
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

braden Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 19:58:43

appreciate any of the kind sentiment you offered to our rank snd file, mak.

as for actual response I was going to type something when I'm home (aand yes sober ;p) but its tricky because I don't really represent rd, not in that manner at least

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 20:01:09

im not convinced.
show me evidence :p

mdevol Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 20:13:45

Confirmed.

Sons of Liberty
Head of War
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Makinso Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 20:18:07

Yeah I'm a nice guy braden (though people try to make people believe otherwise haha). This is SOLs opinion and as SOLs voice I have to express it.

The fact that my personal account got breached does not amuse me though ;) but then again it's only logic I'm likely the most interesting account to breach. heh.

iScode Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 20:23:24

great response imo.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

locket Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 20:30:32

Originally posted by Makinso:
Dear EE community.

As of last night it was made clear to the EE community that certain RDers have made a security breach into boxcar for various reasons.

The sons of liberty are going to post 1 official statement about how we feel and look upon what has gone down in the past 12 - 24 hours and how we look at the future. This is our one and only official response. Other SOLers can or might respond but if you wish to see our official ideas about this we strongly advise you back to this post.

We will address all points individually.

1) The boxcar break in:

To whomever did this your presence is no longer wanted. A precedent was set when hanlong and TC did their thing. The community was disgusted with what was done. The Game's admins took actions and we supported that. The fact the specific RDers involved just went along the same lines for personal gain shows how much disrespect they have for this community as a group. Therefore the Sons of Liberty feel the involved RDers should no longer be welcome to any EE tag or any EE game.

2) Forms of Guilt.

By all means we feel that if someone was involved in this scheme you should be banned from this game permanently. We realize ban evasions will happen so be it. It's about the statement.

When it comes to involvement we feel most forms of involvement make you guilty. Knowing about it but not talking, participating in break ins, logging into accounts of which information was stolen, et cetera, by our standards make you guilty as charged.

3) The floating excel sheet with personal information and stealing of personal information in general.

This should be removed from the web as soon as possible. Whether this is an RD retrieved list or not, this list was ill gotten gained and it should not be out there.

As to the subject of stolen personal information... yes, when you sign that information up to a gaming website it possibly might leak, this does not mean this makes that action legal or morally okay by any means. Those who retrieve this information in any other way then by permission of the owner should be punished. Do no shift the blame from the attackers to those who were attacked.

4) The logging into other accounts.

With SOL being on GHQ, hardly any accounts were compromised. However, looking at the IPs we're very sure my own (makinso) account was compromised by the Romanian IP in the last 7 - 8 days as we've spotted 2 log ins. Further research is being done by GHQ admins. We hope we can find no more instances.

Other accounts in boxcar have been compromised as well. The illegally retrieved information has been used and abused by those specific RDers. Once again they should be severely punished

5) Admin reprimands for RD.

We deem the admins actions as correct and fair. This does not mean we do not feel the pain of the RD members who were unaware of the situation / being legit players. We understand the pain and anger.

We do however feel your admin targeted anger is misplaced. The participating RDers in this illegal scheme have brought you into a position where you risked running into the admins taking radical courses of action. They lied to you, basically cheated you and had you play for them under false pretenses. This should be deemed unacceptable and deserving of your targeted anger.

Your current admin targeted anger only causes more feelings of mistrust as it is looked upon as scurrying away from what has happened ,trying to cloud the given judgement or trying to protect your own. These actions would be considered dishonorable and even worse in our eyes would make you an accomplice, just as guilty as since you would be embracing what has been done while it should be rejected.

6) Sons of Liberty look upon the future and RD.

Talking to RD we realize that there is a group who feels betrayed, back stabbed and mangled. As you should! What has been done to you by your brothers is unforgivable.

What the future holds is hard to tell. It falls or stands with what RD is going to do now. How is RD going to respond officially (instead of this banter we're seeing on AT atm)? Who is going to lead RD and under what circumstances? Will there be an RD at all or for example a spin off under complete new management with the legit group of players? Answers to these questions will determine the future of RD as a tag and an alliance.

Long story short, RD it is upon you to undo what your brothers have bestowed upon you.

---------------------------------------------

Admins: good catch and good job.

RD: best of luck trying to figure out what to do... you're in a tough spot.

-The Sons of Liberty Alliance.

Makinso, Sons of Liberty Head of Foreign Relations

If Sol was victimized on THEIR site then why is some loose IP record being tied to RD with some supposed hack into boxcar when it is clearly not the case? If someone is accessing into the Sol site then clearly what was said in the original thread is not the case or the method used to go in. Im not a techy so I dont completely understand this stuff but it seems to me that if Sol site was breached then the whole secret access to Boxcar is not likely the most likely issue here.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Oct 30th 2013, 20:40:17

locket nub, makinso the nub boxcar was hacked, and obviously maki the nub uses same username/pass for boxcar and ghq.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

mdevol Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 20:54:25

Used...
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

aponic Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 22:03:34

mdevol and maki drink light beer -- you heard it here first
SOF
Cerevisi

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 30th 2013, 22:04:18

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
locket nub, makinso the nub boxcar was hacked, and obviously maki the nub uses same username/pass for boxcar and ghq.

Well that is a dumb move ........

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 22:13:14

lol aponic.

TY Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 23:03:42

Originally posted by Colonel Chaos:
2nd in FR command under maki kristaz. I don't want to take credit where it is not due. All I did was proof read it and correct maki's horribad grammar mistakes. At least it's readable now. Lol ;p

LMAO I was wondering as I read it who proof read it.
There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

Makinso Game profile

Oct 30th 2013, 23:29:51

:P lol TY

Twink Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 0:07:50

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by LittleItaly:

Well that is a dumb move ........

A dumb move using the same password for two sites that are for the same game?

Right... Because EE is s important that we should use different passwords for every single related site -_-

braden Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 0:11:37

i apologize, twink, for my sheer drunken idiocy (my drunken sheer idiocy?.. whichever one is correct). child is as child does, and i was well off base in any anger directed towards you. this also goes double for pang, who does yeomans work for this community (whether he likes me or not :P)

horrible names were called, and as i often do, regret having posted at all.

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 0:27:12

Heh, drunk EE is the best kinda EE
The Death Knights

XI

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 0:30:16

^^^^ correct!
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

braden Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 0:39:50

yea, well, play the fool long enough and it gets tired ;)

Heston Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 0:46:26

Speak for yourself :p
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Drow Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 11:04:36

good post maki, but it's an interesting flip flop from SoL's position RE: LaF, TC and Hanlong.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Makinso Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 21:12:54

It's not a flip flop Drow.

It's a radical change in our stance to this game. Like my wardec explained we are looking to help rebuild the community after the straining 2 years of the same BS wars.

At this point we could come straight out of the gate gangbanging RD with all possible tags we could get or give them a chance to pick up their remaining members form a spin off or replace leadership roles and give themselves a jump start.

The latter option would fit more in our current philosophy and our current stance towards this game.

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 21:34:57

yep. have to start making concessions when around 50 legit players might be leaving the game at this point in time.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 22:23:17

I dont see it as much of a change really. You killed Laf. RD has already been killed. Oh and take it from me as an insider.

mdevol Game profile

Nov 1st 2013, 4:04:23

Originally posted by aponic:
mdevol and maki drink light beer -- you heard it here first

only when I am with your mom. that's how she likes it, son.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Nov 1st 2013, 12:49:37

Did anybody else stop reading after the first paragraph?
Or was it just me?
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!