Verified:

BladeEWG Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 1:21:01

You have grabbed 2,664 acres in the last 72 hours. You cannot drop land you've grabbed for 72 hours.

Seriously? You guys actually made a rule change for this?
Tell me who except LaF this helps?
Again, one thing that small guys can do against large guys gets a rule change.
LOL you're a friggin joke here.

BladeEWG Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 1:23:16

So sorry tho I just razed and dropped anyhow.
P@ss on your precious land

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 1:28:49

Stop being a fluff about fluff. OH NO MY SUICIDING IS NOT AS EFFECTIVE AS I WANT IT TO BE. This helps anyone who is hit by suiciders. Just because it helps the best netting clans (Laf RD Evo Omega) more than others doesnt mean that it was Laf who made the rule. I think it was a fairly accepted and still is.

Suiciding should not be too effective. It is still good enough to do what it has to now.

Heretodie Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 1:37:52

Hands down a well placed rule ON EVERY server, stops losers from top feeding and screwing players. Play better and defend or counter hit country Under retal policy

Pride Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 2:05:25

How is it suiciding if their at war?

Riddler Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 2:14:16

I agree Pride...it's not suiciding if the clans are at war.

BladeEWG Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 2:15:50

Originally posted by locket:
Stop being a fluff about fluff. OH NO MY SUICIDING IS NOT AS EFFECTIVE AS I WANT IT TO BE. This helps anyone who is hit by suiciders. Just because it helps the best netting clans (Laf RD Evo Omega) more than others doesnt mean that it was Laf who made the rule. I think it was a fairly accepted and still is.

Suiciding should not be too effective. It is still good enough to do what it has to now.

Oh bullcr@p! I am not a suicider I am a tag at war. But that's beside the point, my actions can be considered suicide, as are the other ragers still attacking.
That's what the humanitarian rule is still good for
But again we have the larger protected.
How convienent..And you're an idiot if you think this is not a LaF based rule.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 29th 2013, 2:22:50

Actually it wasn't, it was evo I believe pushed for the change and it has been around for like 18 months to 2 years
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

farmer Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 2:24:16

some of these rule changes are not good for the game. If you can't protect your land you are not running enough def. this just goes along with the land land retal polices and this crap of if you grab someone with two weeks to go in the set you get retaled for double land

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 2:45:08

ahahaha who is an idiot now? Yah a "Laf" rule pushed in by Evo with Laf and many others supporting it. Only suiciders ever seemed to have a big issue with it.

And I didnt know you were tagged anywhere atm so I made an assumption and made an ass out of myself and now you :P

@farmer past a certain point there is NO amount of defense that you can have that can defend from everyone in the game. If you think you can then I urge you to try next set and I will grab you on a day of your choosing and break you. If I succeed you FA me to top ten if not then I do you ;)

Even an early techer will be breakable by some countries in some clans. It will only ever be certain clans that cant retal a grab like that. I have seen people who are 30+mill PS breaks get broken just to fluff them over.

Oh and you want to know who wont be able to defend their land outside of the small clans? War clans who always fluff about that. They can go to war but many of them run poor netting countries and couldnt keep up if they had to and couldnt just go to war.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 29th 2013, 2:56:54

Well we know you're a sucid[er].

Thanks for letting us know.

Edited By: Detmer on Nov 3rd 2013, 20:53:43. Reason: No flaming

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 29th 2013, 3:20:23

Farmer, this was put in place due to people doing 40-50 hits against random countries in 24 hours then dropping all the land so no one had the chance to even attempt to get their land back.

These were all jetters doing the hits, so even good defenses were getting broken.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

farmer Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 3:21:10

hey nothing better than stealing stock. if I can fid it at home yum yum

ArsenalMD Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 3:21:43

This isn't a WTF. Other things are a WTF, this is not a WTF.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 3:32:39

Your operatives have accidentally poisoned your own food supply! Only our scientists can save us now!

^This is also new too! I wonder if my operatives were on crank.

*syko lines up operatives for the firing squad*
Do as I say, not as I do.

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 3:43:45

Thatisnt new but it is rare:P

Syko_Killa Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 3:56:14

new to me... It happened twice to me in a row, don't remember that from e2025 and its certainly never happened here to me.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 29th 2013, 4:13:31

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
Your operatives have accidentally poisoned your own food supply! Only our scientists can save us now!

Hate to say it but that was in the game in the Mehul days even.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 4:18:31

it never happened to me that I can remember, but that was a very long time ago.

iScode Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 4:41:34

yeah blade its bullfluff, netters want to be able to abuse little people and have no repercussions.

They want to be able to run fat defenseless countries and then cry when you take the land they have not defended properly in the first place...

/me waits for all the 'its impossible to defend your land' bullfluff comments
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mdevol Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 5:19:05

this rule is a legit rule.

it would be nice to be able to have a function that if you have been hit x times in a certain time period you are are able to drop a higher % of land for instances just like this one, with 2 clans at war. but alas...

this has been around for awhile.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

bdragon

Oct 29th 2013, 6:00:30

The actual problem is for an alliance game, there is not an official alliance declaration of war status to another alliance.

That is the biggest problem.

We should have different set of rules for non war, in which these pansy assed treehugging rules can apply to, and some war based rules for real men.

The problem is the admins are always trying to balance net vs war in this game and end up making both netters and warmongers unhappy, when they could just have an official war status, and then make the game fun for both.

mdevol Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 6:06:51

would be nice, but what do you do in the case of say LaF declaring war on RAGE who wants nothing to do with warring LaF. Do those same rules apply?

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

bdragon

Oct 29th 2013, 6:10:52

Then LaF gets the wartime benefits, and RAGE gets the peacetime ones. If RAGE wants the same rules, they can declare war back ingame no?

I'm assuming the wartime mode lets you war better, and you might as well declare back if you want to fight back to fight more effectively.

locket Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 6:26:47

Originally posted by iScode:
yeah blade its bullfluff, netters want to be able to abuse little people and have no repercussions.

They want to be able to run fat defenseless countries and then cry when you take the land they have not defended properly in the first place...

/me waits for all the 'its impossible to defend your land' bullfluff comments

Thats funny. The most defenseless countries I find SET AFTER SET AFTER SET are always the war countries. Your countries arent worth grabbing in the first place but outside of a few landtraders netters run higher D than war countries. Perhaps if you could actually run a country worth being hit you would have more issues.

@mdevol I really like that rule actually. If I farm someone and they want to retal and drop land they should have that right. I just dont believe in the case where I am all explore or just never touched a guy and he can ruin a netters set simply because they are in a fluff mood or an asshole.

Perhaps you should make it a suggestion on the B+S?

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 7:29:44

might be banned from making new B+S postings just like me. though i think if i used an account that was linked to the game, i might be able to post there.

if you get rid of the bullies then people won't have a reason to suicide. course, that would involve getting rid of Democrats and might be a bit more messy to clean up.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Atryn Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 11:51:26

BladeEWG - this should NOT stop you (or any low revenge-seeker) from doing serious damage. You can take more land from them than they can take back. In 10 grabs per day you can take 5k-10k land from many countries. But thanks to DR and them being higher nw, they can only take back maybe 1-2k per day. Rinse, repeat until they finally KR you (which costs them turns). If you run an all-jetter and set your alarms, you should be able to come online, SS x 9 then PS your jets to safety before they can bomb your airbases.

Edited By: Atryn on Nov 3rd 2013, 20:40:42
See Original Post

Atryn Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 11:52:02

Oh damn, did I say all that out loud?

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 29th 2013, 12:22:53

How about a compromise?

You can drop all land you grabbed from countries that you have declared war with.

You can only declare war on one country at a time, and you cannot undeclare war until after a set amount of time has passed.

To really stick it to a country, have a few friends join in the grabbing. Have them all dec war on this one country, then drop all the land afterwards. Or have your buddies target multiple countries. Then taste the vengeance of that country's alliance.

You won't be able to just drop all the land if you decide to suicide an alliance alone, but if you properly plan your suicide, you can really stick it to a country or to an alliance if you want to.

Edited By: NukEvil on Oct 29th 2013, 14:52:47
See Original Post
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Nov 1st 2013, 20:15:07

THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! NOTICED THIS PROBLEM AND SUGGESTED A SOLUTION OVER A YEAR AGO. WE DO NOT FEEL LIKE RETYPING IT, SO YOU MAY FIND THE THREAD HERE:

http://forums.earthempires.com/...?threadid=19926&p=Aug 30, 9:09&z=an-idea-to-combat-suiciding-from-tmc

BladeEWG Game profile

Nov 2nd 2013, 16:29:58

and on that thread we agree SAM
scary eh?

Drow Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 7:22:00

Hadn't been aware of this rule. I can see it from the netting side of things of being able to get your land back, but from the ridiculously bottom fed induviduals and small clans (who get the response of "well join a larger clan" (despite the evident problem of this reducing diversity within the game), from being able to take a measure of well justified revenge, by taking large amounts of land and dropping it. Maybe if someone has been hit more than X times in a period, then this rule doesn't apply?

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Drow Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 7:23:57

Originally posted by Atryn:

BladeEWG - this should stop you (or any low revenge-seeker) from doing serious damage. You can take more land from them than they can take back. In 10 grabs per day you can take 5k-10k land from many countries. But thanks to DR and them being higher nw, they can only take back maybe 1-2k per day. Rinse, repeat until they finally KR you (which costs them turns). If you run an all-jetter and set your alarms, you should be able to come online, SS x 9 then PS your jets to safety before they can bomb your airbases.

What you seem to be saying there, in that very first line, is that people who are getting hopelessly harassed/farmed should have no method of seeking effective recourse? you destroy their country and any ability for their country to grow, but think it is NOT ok that they can do so in response, then drop land?

Paradigm President of failed speeling

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 8:20:13

it just means that netters are too lazy to do the required kill runs that would prevent people from being able to suicide.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

Atryn Game profile

Nov 3rd 2013, 20:41:02

Originally posted by Drow:
Originally posted by Atryn:

BladeEWG - this should stop you (or any low revenge-seeker) from doing serious damage. You can take more land from them than they can take back. In 10 grabs per day you can take 5k-10k land from many countries. But thanks to DR and them being higher nw, they can only take back maybe 1-2k per day. Rinse, repeat until they finally KR you (which costs them turns). If you run an all-jetter and set your alarms, you should be able to come online, SS x 9 then PS your jets to safety before they can bomb your airbases.

What you seem to be saying there, in that very first line, is that people who are getting hopelessly harassed/farmed should have no method of seeking effective recourse? you destroy their country and any ability for their country to grow, but think it is NOT ok that they can do so in response, then drop land?

Good catch drow, it was supposed to say NOT stop you.