Verified:

Forgotten1

Apr 11th 2010, 10:18:26

What can be done to improve it?
What can be done to stop the suicide fest?

I really love the idea of a 5 day reset server, but it seems that it's near impossible to netgain properly when there are people that simply don't care, but have the time to ruin other people's experiences.

Anyone have any thoughts? We could get this thread going and maybe the Admins can adapt some changes, if they ever work in theory.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Stoney Game profile

Apr 11th 2010, 15:47:08

So far, i've had a much better experience on this server than the others. specifically the servers that have clans. the clan mentality is just too cumbersome and political for a game like this. people harbor too many grudges, and then are too afraid to grab at other clans, so they farm any small tags or untagged players until it's no fun.
i'll play this server for another set or two, and see where i am, but i will NOT be playing on any clan servers again.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 11th 2010, 16:56:51

i love this server as well. it takes a different kind of player to be able to finish well and not get suicided on.

i think DR should be shortened on this server so LG'ing could bring in more land. tho i do love the ghost acres.

seeing as it's an express server as well.. could maybe bring in random bonuses/negatives each round.. like: Next round there will be a +10% food bonus for every government. could be for anything really that would make it a bit more interesting.

there's loads of things that could make the game better
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 11th 2010, 18:06:33

I think a great deterrent to suiciders would be having to keep the same name every set instead of being able to hide behind a new name 5 days later. They're all real brave when they can get a 200-250 turn jump on a netter and AB a netting build into oblivion, but if they had to reckon with that person coming back the next set with a fully prepped war country knowing who they are things might change a bit....

I don't know if I like the bonus idea, simple because it would push players towards specific strats and further strain an already thin market.

I'm gonna do my own thing as well to change the server after this set - vigilante justice. I'll be running a Tyr/Farmer/Missiler for the next couple sets, and anytime I see someone suicide, I'll just stock up turns and kill their country...tried it last set just to see how it'd go, and I was pretty pleased w/ the results (sorry to my innocent victim, but you shouldn't put the fact that you're willing to suicide in your name if you don't wanna get messed with).

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 11th 2010, 18:42:47

rofl. nice NOW3P.

not sure that the idea would strain the market any more than its already strained. a lot of players would choose a different strat just to try and get an edge. *shrug* i do agree that it could strain the market tho.. just not much more than it already is.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 12th 2010, 0:59:38

Oh, I should add, now that it appears I've gotten my top 10 netting set, I'm also willing to apply that philosophy to the commies out there who think it's cool to grab slower strats 5+ times because they're not capable of retalling quite yet. #50 you got lucky this set.....

jiff69 Game profile

Apr 13th 2010, 2:34:47

I miss the 6 hour set with turns every 60 seconds or was it 30 those were some tight sets
"I have no words that would do justice to the atrocities you commit to the English language, as well as your continued assaults on the concepts of basic literacy and logical reasoning."
-Tom Achronos

MorTcuS Game profile

Apr 13th 2010, 2:44:11

^^
I want turns faster too lol, maybe cut a day to round and make it every 3 minutes. Most players who play express have time to play it.

To stop suiciders or missile retallers maybe there just shouldnt be missiles in this server. Anyone can pump up tanks, spies and troops to protect from military suiciders but missiles are cheap shot imo and anyone can be lucky and produce some.

OR make it so the starting warfare % is 0 and you have to tech or buy tech to get missiles. This way you can't just be lucky and produce a missile.

OR lower the warfare tech efficiency in the server and/or the harmful spy attacks likehood to succeed.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 13th 2010, 3:48:31

global 2025 has 1 minute turns in 2 week long sets - NW's get close to the billions

I still say the answer to suiciders is to do like they do in tourney, and lock people into 1 country name. A lot of these guys would be a lot less ballsy if they knew they couldn't hide behind a new country name in 2-3 days. That's one of the reasons my country name never changes...if I'm a fluff, I'll take my lumps for it.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Apr 13th 2010, 20:24:59

The DRs are sort of whacked here...
Purposeful1

Hobo Game profile

Apr 15th 2010, 16:14:35

That's why you get SDI Mortcus

gregg Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 16:26:26

this server should be the best game of all

it should be an individual game not a clan fest

if u think there are no tags on this server
u have not been paying attention
LaE is here in force

there should be a way to detect and punish clan activity

i agree that experienced players avoid this server but i think it is because of the clan not because of the suicider

RESTRICT LaE to 80% of its cheat size

mrford Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 16:30:10

what is WITH you and your jihad on LaE?

LaE is like 40% of the FFA server, sure we will be in force on every other server, but JUST because 2-3 ppl gang up on you and kill you for suiciding, doesnt mean LaE is out to get you. you seem to have this god complex about LaE

i assure you, there are NO posts on our forums about primary, or express servers. we dont care that much about it

on the other hand, alliance clans, have been known to run mock killruns on primary and express servers

but you wont believe that, because LaE doesnt play on the alliance server now do they?

give it a fluffing rest already, we know you are all butthurt over LaE, but in reality, LaE dont care about you, and we arnt scowering all servers looking for you to kill you
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

gregg Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 16:38:10

what is it with me and LaE?

simple i hate clan tactics on individual games

LaE stops doing that

i go silent

mrford Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 16:43:51

i just told you

LaE does not run clan tatics on other servers

LaE is not in existance on any other server, aside form a division in NA on alliance

im going to slow this down for you

JUST BECAUSE TWO TO THREE FRIENDS, THAT HAPPEN TO PLAY IN LAE DO SOMETHING ON THIS SERVER. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT LAE AS A WHOLE PARTICIPATE IN CROSS SERVER POLITICS

i mean really. you seem to be the ONLY one that thinks LaE is out to dominate the entire game, which is funny, because LaW has only re-formed as a clan what, 3 months ago? lets think about this here.

LaE has probably about 45-55 players total on the FFA server

there are clans on the EE servers with 70+ players. why is it that you choose to think that LaE is the largest, most dominant alliance on the game, that is trying to own every single server, even though they only play on one?

you are delusional, and i just think that you are butthurt because we killed your worthless suiciding ass on FFA. it is YOU who are carrying over grudges to other servers, not LaE

stick that in your pipe and smoke it
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

gregg Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 16:57:38

all right lets keep it slow for u

when five players with LaE ties act as "friends" on this server is that appropriate?

gregg Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 16:59:00

how many "friends" acting in concert ruin this server?

that is the question that needs to be debated if u want to say that seven "friends" are not a clan then i will disagree

mrford Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 17:05:59

all im saying, is you keep pinning this on LaE

when infact, they probably are clanmates on the alliance server

its not LaE as a clan, and i would appreciate you shutting the fluff up about LaE
Swagger of a Chupacabra

gregg Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 17:21:29

notice he did not answer

are there other "friends" acting in concert

other "friends" who make sure their clanmate wins by attacking the leader?

I do not know I have only seen it with LaE names over the last number of sets i have played since swirve closed

to say other people do it too
is no justification

mrford Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 17:34:48

LaE names is a completely STUPID statment, because LaE has only existed for what, 3 months?

how do you justify "LaE names" when express has been around longer than LaE?

im not saying its right, and im not saying that ppl dont do it

but i AM saying that there is no organised official LaE express server kill team, like you apparently think there is

so stop talking out your ass, because your ass has no idea what its talking about
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 19:07:56

sigh...give up ford, some people just need something to whine about.

You have to forgive gregg, with all his MMA practicing and forum trolling and what not, he doesn't understand the concept of having friends that are willing to lend a hand to other friends. He doesn't understand that it has nothing to do with clans in this server or that server, and everything to do with friends who enjoy playing together. He also assumes that because folks are enhancing their game play by playing cooperatively in a less closely knit manner than an actual clan, it MUST be related to a specific clan....and since LaE is the epitome of all that is evil in his poor little MMA battered brain, that can't figure out how they run those countries that live long enough to pass 10 mil NW, it MUST be LaE that's behind this big vast conspiracy...

LaE has been around for ages though - they just resurfaced with the return of FFA. People from LaE play with LaE in their name because they're proud of their clan...again, something I'm pretty sure our little back door brawler doesn't get, given his willingness to throw his clan under the bus in FFA.

Edited By: NOW3P on Apr 22nd 2010, 19:08:40

MrCobalt Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 19:10:45

Taken seriously? I was killed out of protection, but someone unknown to me. Difficult to take that seriously.

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 22nd 2010, 19:13:05

It's ok Cobalt - he was killed pretty much oop by someone unknown to him too :-)

gregg Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 15:00:19

how many friends working in concert constitute a clan

simple question

ad hominem arguments though attractive to the simple minded do not advance discussions

Edited By: gregg on Apr 23rd 2010, 15:02:06

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 23rd 2010, 15:45:46

simple answer