( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2013, 20:28:49

nothing we asked for in primary
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2013, 20:30:28

Primary doesn't reset for like a month!

My plan is to remove Off allies though.
Finally did the signature thing.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:04:00

I think that would be a good change. How about fixing the harmful ops success rate too? At least make it somewhat defensible if you get your SPAL to a respectable level and have more spies than the attacker. Right now people are helpless against it.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

h2orich Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:17:49

Give up, they are not gonna change anything we have requested. I dont see how any of the intended changes affect Primary at all, the changes are designed and made by what happened in 1a the previous set. We just gotta adapt Primary with changes intended for 1a.

PaleMoon Game profile

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:20:19

Requested/required Primary changes (in order)...

Remove Off Allies
Add steal tech to the list of harmful spy ops restricted by GDI membership.
Remove/restructure tech allies
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:23:39

Originally posted by PaleMoon:

Thoughts on restructuring tech allies? That's something I wouldn't mind doing for all servers anyway....

Xinhuan had an idea, but it seemed to focus it too much on techers in my mind... his was to make it so that your TPT gains 1/10th of your research allies TPT....

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:29:03

Something like that or the other solutions that have been pitched are the only way to do it, really... If you don't tether research alliances to doing actual research, it can always be abused. Maybe this is something only suitable for the solo servers if giving free tech is a clan strategy you want to protect, or maybe it's fine to apply everywhere.

Yes, a solution like this will prevent arrangements like trading a massive def ally for tech, but honestly, fair exchanges in that vein are pretty uncommon and it's worth cutting them loose if it will prevent freeloading.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:39:51

Right; but it really becomes a strat-specific pact then; if we could make it so techers could use it for TPT and indies/farmers/cashers/oilers could use it for production, then that would seem more balanced...

blid

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:43:21

Isn't it more or less entirely strat-specific now...? Techers only give research allies to other techers if they know what they're doing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 3rd 2013, 21:47:30

that's true

Qazulight Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 0:20:37

Requested/required Primary changes (in order)...

Remove Off Allies
Add steal tech to the list of harmful spy ops restricted by GDI membership.

That is the only thing that levels the playing field for small countries.

Cheers
Qazulight

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 3:20:22

Originally posted by qzjul:

Thoughts on restructuring tech allies? That's something I wouldn't mind doing for all servers anyway....

Xinhuan had an idea, but it seemed to focus it too much on techers in my mind... his was to make it so that your TPT gains 1/10th of your research allies TPT....

BigBen had a better idea, and that is the TPT gained from your allies should be the current formula, multiplied by your Labs%. To paraphrase:

Tech gained from tech ally *= (Labs/Acres);

This will prevent leeching completely, and keep it the way it currently works.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 4th 2013, 3:31:40

we're discussing revamping some of the spy ops in general.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 3:57:03

That's exactly how it should be on solo servers Xin.
The EEVIL Empire

PaleMoon Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 7:16:34

Originally posted by Xinhuan:

Tech gained from tech ally *= (Labs/Acres);

This is a really elegant and simple solution, though it makes tech starts a bit more difficult to 'get right' (which is a minor thing really...). It would be impossible to get the full 10% though, given that you're always going to have CS and/or indies - this may not matter much.

Originally posted by qzjul:
Right; but it really becomes a strat-specific pact then; if we could make it so techers could use it for TPT and indies/farmers/cashers/oilers could use it for production, then that would seem more balanced...

I also like this idea - just keep it as above, where you gain 10% of whatever your ally is producing, restricted by the number of {production bldg}/total acres = %
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 7:49:56

Yeah, my original idea is that your own TPT is boosted by 10% of your allies TPT (that 10% TPT gain cannot be more than 10% of your own TPT, so it caps at 30% of your own TPT for hsving 3 tech allies).

This means you actually need to spend turns as a techer (and tech) to gain any benefit from tech allies.

Both ideas are equally workable.