Verified:

CX LaE Game profile

Sep 28th 2013, 21:04:52

Now that you're in DR, you feel it's the thing to do to run around and hit everyone who's fatter than you?

You and your offensive allies can get bent.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

blid

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2013, 21:13:44

DR abuse, report it to galleri, get this lowlife purpled
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

CX LaE Game profile

Sep 28th 2013, 21:15:45

I'm beyond pissed right now.

If it weren't for this knob and 133tz, you would have seen a new Fasc NW record this set. Easily.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

eddie_wire Game profile

Sep 28th 2013, 22:38:04

So apart from you, what other people who were "fatter" than me did i attack, if anyone at all (i think two or three attacks at most today?) Because another account has screwed me with GS means i am then not allowed to attack other countries, especially while you were Fasc so had the building and tech to help me progress? I personally think that's ridiculous.. i am fairly new to this game so please correct me if I'm wrong.

CX LaE Game profile

Sep 28th 2013, 23:58:24

Its extremely suspicious when you barely hit anyone until someone has GSd you to the point where if anyone tried to grab you, theyd get basically nothing, and then you decide to go out and hit #15 and #66 - both, at the time, were much bigger than you landwise. Since those countries cannot possibly regain their land, that's called abusing DR (i.e. intentionally targeting fatter countries, knowing they cannot get their land back). This was made worse because you decided to blatantly go for those much bigger than you.

Mind you, if you weren't deleted, I would have ABd you into next year for hitting me twice. That's a n00b move. Never hit someone twice who can, and will, give you the business.

If you are new though, here are a few key suggestions: 1) Join GDI before you start attacking. 2) Don't multitap people unless you have a deathwish or you're reasonably certain they will not retaliate. And 3) having offensive allies is generally frowned upon.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

blid

EE Patron

Sep 29th 2013, 1:24:40

Good post..
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

eddie_wire Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 1:28:13

I still don't see how hitting two countries is suspicious? and surely the moderator can see the country hitting me clearly taking the piss out of me on the messages?.. Why would i cause more damage to my country by gsing myself to the point i lose half my buildings than i would ever get gains back out of it? (i assume that's what you mean by suspicious).

Ive played a few rounds and was experimenting by not joining gdi on this round to see if the cost saved out weighed the risk.

As far as i could see when i spied on you, you didn't have too much in tanks or troops that was concerning for me for retal (I may be wrong though seens as i cant look back on this now i've been deleted...) another round of learning though i suppose.. and try again next week.

Why is offensive allies frowned upon btw? surely if it is, it shouldn't be on there?

Sorry if i seem a bit hostile, I'm trying my best not to be. I'm just pissed off i got deleted. Im assuming even if my appeal is approved i cant finish the round?

eddie_wire Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 1:33:50

And surely the best method is to aim for the countries with higher land, as the gains will be higher? and seems as i was 7th and you were around 12th? you were nice and close so i was under the impression i gain more from attacking people close to the same rank/ networth as me. Im sure i saw this on the help page.

CX LaE Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 1:40:40

If your appeal is approved, you can finish the round, yes.

Offensive allies - it's just one of those unspoken rules on solo servers (Primary and Express). It's supposed to protect against those who run all jets and just hammer the biggest countries for fun instead of out of an actual attempt to win. It's not illegal by any sense though, so if you want to use them, that's your call. You can't be deleted for having them.

GDI is easily the way to go. If you do not grab someone twice, no one can AB, GS, or missile you out of nowhere (like happened to you this round). That brings me to the next point - the 1-grab rule. It's not a rule. Again, just an unspoken courtesy (unless you're fairly certain you can get away with more hits :P).

As for your situation, if you did not realize what it appeared like you were doing (DR abuse), appeal and explain the situation. It sounds like you just didn't know. We've had a lot of issues with people having friends or other countries GS them into deep DR, then running heavy jets just to mess with top players.

Welcome to the game, btw LOL. Shoot me a PM if you have any more questions.

CX
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

CX LaE Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 1:42:13

And yes, if you and the target are close in NW, your gains are higher.

You can gain more/grab doing it that way, but you run the risk of getting retaled more often. If you bottomfeed (i.e. aim for those countries less than 1/3rd your NW, your gains are less, but you are less likely to feel retribution.)
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

eddie_wire Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 1:55:59

Some good advice that i will take on board, thank you for your time.

My appeal was denied so ill just have to wait until next week; I have emailed them since but am i right in saying they wont grace me with an explanation as to why i was deleted (even though you've pretty much explained it)

snawdog Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 2:10:02

Of course...Purpled...Whoodathunkit?
ICQ 364553524
msn

snawdog Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 2:10:36

abuse of dr is a cheat...get it?
ICQ 364553524
msn

blid

EE Patron

Sep 29th 2013, 2:17:23

If you grab normally while in DR, it's more grey but I don't think anyone has been deleted for that before. But if you hit people with more land and more net than you while in DR, people that you KNOW can hit you back, then you're using that DR to take big amounts of free land and that's abuse.

And if you're not in DR, it's typically not very profitable to hit anyone that can retal, even if they do have more land than you.

eddie_wire Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 7:52:10

Fair enough but i would like to point out that i was of a higher net than both of the people i attacked (not easy to attack higher ranked people when you are 7th).

How long do you have to wait until "DR" evens itself back out, or are you supposed to just stop playing a set if somebody puts you into DR?

st0ny Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 12:53:05

bonus post
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

blid

EE Patron

Sep 29th 2013, 18:45:46

DR runs off in 24 hours. In the meantime you can store turns OR play and just attack people you don't think can retal. It's not fair to attack people you know can retal in "land trade" type grabs if you're in DR.

EsSayed Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 20:13:15

Couldn't help but creating an account to comment on this.

What happened is ridiculous ... the attacker had more networth!!

All in all, the whole DR rule is silly.

eddie_wire Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 21:04:00

At least somebody see's my point of view

Vic Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 21:23:27

new members really shouldn't post here. you aren't welcome

crest23 Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 21:55:31

Originally posted by eddie_wire:
At least somebody see's my point of view

You must be talking to yourself.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

TDA101 Game profile

Sep 30th 2013, 9:29:14

They need to fix GDI + DR, not just one or the other.