Verified:

mac23 Game profile

Sep 28th 2013, 1:16:27

What are some of the craziest retal rules that anyone has ever tried to enforce?

Serpentor Game profile

Sep 28th 2013, 1:27:23

0:death
The EEVIL Empire

ColoOutlaw

Sep 28th 2013, 19:47:16

13 day retal

Edited By: ColoOutlaw on Sep 28th 2013, 20:08:02
See Original Post

mr ed Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 7:15:46

You're the expert

afaik Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 10:05:17

13 day colooutlaw? you obviously net a lot ;D

how about 30 days lol... many times.

ColoOutlaw

Sep 29th 2013, 11:35:38

Lol I guess I don't net often if 13 days doesn't blow your mind.

afaik Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 11:54:14

primary is brutal for super-late topfeeds... it results in some interesting dummy-spits (the likes of rockman don't take well to expired retals :P)

Qazulight Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 13:35:50

Originally posted by afaik:
primary is brutal for super-late topfeeds... it results in some interesting dummy-spits (the likes of rockman don't take well to expired retals :P)

It ain't over 'till its over, if you take an action you should be ready to accept the consequences.

I don't retal everyone that hits me, only the ones that I find profitable, when I find them profitable , for as long as I find them profitable.

When you think about it, I play by Calvinball rules.

Hum sounds like a good name for a Breaker country.

Cheers
Qazulight

eManny Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 15:18:54

From what I understand there are no such things as retal rules. Those who want to enforce 'any retal rules' are in a way saying 'if you don't do this I am threatning to war you'. It is either psychological warfare or a declaration of 'follow-up actions'.

There are general guidelines for what you shouldn't do (if you are trying not to piss people off that is)

1. Don't hit someone for 8000A when he hit you for 80A one month ago, that's going to piss them off. Sounds like a great idea, but will likely lead to war.
2. Don't hit someone more than once (even if you fail the first time). This goes in line with GDI protection.
3. Don't send stupid in-game messages following a hit such as 'this was just a landgrab, I truly am so sorry for the attack and I truly wish you the very very best for the remaining of the set, as I wish you all the best'. Best not leave a message at all imo.

As for making retals, the timing should not matter (72 hours in the old days was an indication that you will get roughly what you've lost plus a little extra). The idea wasn't so much the timing but the returns. People want to 'get even' not poke out two eyes after losing one. Needless to say though, if you hit someone prepare to lose a bit more than you've gained if they can make the retal...

TDA101 Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 17:04:58

Naaah, it's a strategy game. I'll take my one and only GDI protected retal when it fits me.

Also if you bonuce, I'll take a free retal on that too.

LATC Game profile

Sep 29th 2013, 17:13:23

I try to enforce a 100% retal rule. I'll retal every hit on me in a reset. I try to do it as fast as I can, but if I'm in research phase or if multiple ppl hit me at a time, I'll do it when I get around to it. But if I'm late I always try to have tanks/SDI/warfare tech rdy
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Sir Bloodstone

Sep 30th 2013, 0:59:27

Had one guy tell me if I hit him he would wait until the end of set to take his retal.

I tried to AB him but he was in gdi.. darn rules

oldman Game profile

Sep 30th 2013, 1:02:42

heh, that's one way to deter hits on your country. Name it - I do 30 day old retals

ColoOutlaw

Sep 30th 2013, 4:36:01

Originally posted by eManny:
From what I understand there are no such things as retal rules. Those who want to enforce 'any retal rules' are in a way saying 'if you don't do this I am threatning to war you'. It is either psychological warfare or a declaration of 'follow-up actions'.

There are general guidelines for what you shouldn't do (if you are trying not to piss people off that is)

1. Don't hit someone for 8000A when he hit you for 80A one month ago, that's going to piss them off. Sounds like a great idea, but will likely lead to war.
2. Don't hit someone more than once (even if you fail the first time). This goes in line with GDI protection.
3. Don't send stupid in-game messages following a hit such as 'this was just a landgrab, I truly am so sorry for the attack and I truly wish you the very very best for the remaining of the set, as I wish you all the best'. Best not leave a message at all imo.

As for making retals, the timing should not matter (72 hours in the old days was an indication that you will get roughly what you've lost plus a little extra). The idea wasn't so much the timing but the returns. People want to 'get even' not poke out two eyes after losing one. Needless to say though, if you hit someone prepare to lose a bit more than you've gained if they can make the retal...

See I actually tend to focus on those who don't send the messages. If you are going to take the time to spy me, spy my DA's, calculate our breaks and then not even bother to type "have a good rest of the set" or something like that then your are just a twit.

eManny Game profile

Sep 30th 2013, 21:43:03

ColoOutlaw: Different perspective I guess.
I never found messages a relief, I found them to be annoying.

Most people will get grabbed, and I know that if I do get grabbed the person isn't sorry and therefore not sincere (it is part of the game). So why pretend to be sorry and send me a message?

sudark Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 11:42:15

fake sorry is better than no sorry?

blid

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2013, 12:39:48

no
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 4th 2013, 14:02:22

Originally posted by sudark:
fake sorry is better than no sorry?

Fake sorry is basically rubbing it in your face. So no.

ColoOutlaw

Oct 10th 2013, 7:43:13

Most people will get grabbed, and I know that if I do get grabbed the person isn't sorry and therefore not sincere (it is part of the game). So why pretend to be sorry and send me a message?

Not saying you have to apologize, just saying is it really that hard to wish someone a good set? I mean you did just inconvenience the person you grabbed. Is it so bad to wish them a good set?

It gives you the opportunity to have some good chats the rest of the set. Yeah I understand not many people like a message after because they feel like its rubbing it in, so they will just be fluffs anyway. But I have had some funny chats with random people I grab.

Edited By: ColoOutlaw on Oct 10th 2013, 7:46:41
See Original Post

TDA101 Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 7:47:31

Originally posted by ColoOutlaw:

Not saying you have to apologize, just saying is it really that hard to wish someone a good set? I mean you did just inconvenience the person you grabbed. Is it so bad to wish them a good set?

Wishing them a good set is like asking them to retal you for max gains 2 weeks later with success. Because that's a good set right?

ColoOutlaw

Oct 10th 2013, 7:56:50

I am also just the type of person that likes to start wars for stupid fluff. I don't think I have ever made it through a primary set without fighting. As afaik alluded to, I don't net often. So I arbitrarily enforce the message rule.

And no no TDA. Make the retal in a reasonable time frame. If you do and come out with more land then kudos to you. A name I will stay away from if I see it again.

Edited By: ColoOutlaw on Oct 10th 2013, 7:59:49
See Original Post

mr ed Game profile

Oct 10th 2013, 10:00:52

Says he who spacks out on a retal that grabs 'too much' with ABs.

ColoOutlaw

Oct 10th 2013, 21:13:18

^ I am not actually sure what that means? If that was directed to me, then you do in fact have the wrong guy. Nothing but LG's this set. Last set I killed someone, but I don't think I have AB'ed someone in primary in a loooonnng time. There might be like 7-8 people who know what country I am and you are not one of them Mr Ed.

ColoOutlaw

Oct 10th 2013, 21:23:32

I was actually curious so I went to go look, the last time I AB'ed someone was in set 17. And I was using this name, so you could have known that was me. But damn talk about a grudge man, that was 11 months ago.

But I ab'ed two countries that set. One hit me 6 times and the other one hit me 3 times. Tell me a single person that would let that fly, even if they were hardly paying attention to that server.

mr ed Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 5:28:22

Not in primary, no

ColoOutlaw

Oct 12th 2013, 5:48:32

Ah, well this is PT. And sorry Mr Ed, I don't know who you are. I looked at your profile but you don't seem like someone I would even mess with.

mr ed Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 9:03:40

Ah but you have.

sudark Game profile

Oct 12th 2013, 9:09:00

^ The suspense is building up lol

ColoOutlaw

Oct 12th 2013, 16:02:29

Ha well fair enough then. Was it in tourny?? I can certainly be a fluff there.

dibert Game profile

Oct 15th 2013, 22:53:14

Ok, in primary, if someone in gdi has attacked me at the beginning of this reset, then they attack me for a second time yesterday, would I be able to fire off a couple missles? Jw, purely hypothetical. ;-)

LATC Game profile

Oct 15th 2013, 23:52:24

If it's not me, then yes you can.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?