Verified:

giants1223 Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 8:51:44

Can anyone clarify the rules about "Group Kills" "Team Kills" . I don't participate in this but are you not allowed to "team up" with an ally to kill a country? Is that against the rules?

blid

EE Patron

Sep 22nd 2013, 14:30:47

That's, like, the definition of a group kill.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Heretodie Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 16:23:03

yes any 2 or more players hitting a country to kill them can be banned for doing so weather or not its planned it still happens.

giants1223 Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 18:57:15

Why is that against the rules? What is the point of having allies if you can't defend eachother and unite to eliminate a threat to ones country(I know what the other benefits of the alligiance is just sayin)

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 19:09:05

Because this is supposed to be a solo server.

Coordination is prohibited because it has been abused by people in various forms to get their countries to rank 1.

The allies are supposed to just give you a bonus for defending/spying/teching/etc, that's it. Anything more than that is coordination.

giants1223 Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 19:24:56

I see what you are saying Xinhuan. I could see how it could be abused but I still believe you should be able to collaborate with a listed ally. I guess I'm thinking more in terms of "real world alliances". I guess that rules in place fit the server best. Was just looking for clarification. Once again I don't practice these tactics just was curious as a new player.

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 19:29:22

So let me give you an example of extreme abuse.

Say I make a country, and collaborate with you. I make my country 90% jets and O-ally you, giving you a significant boost, and make sure that I only PS after you have PSed. Not only that, I would use all my jets to topfeed all your competitors.

Does that sound fair to you? This happens once a set, or every other set, and has been the impetus for constant requests for O-allies to be removed from solo servers (but the request has been ignored forever as well).

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 19:33:25

In another example, the Tournament server is another solo server, and this one has all allies disabled, not even Defensive allies.

This, however, detracts from the game, because when you spy a country, you can now with 99.99% certainty calculate how much jets you need to break him as he doesn't have D-allies.

With D-allies, you have to make a risk-vs-reward choice:
A) Do I want to guess his D-allies and make a blind estimate?
B) Should I use a turn to ally-spy, then make a educated estimate based on the NW sizes and attack patterns of his allies (use eestats.com)?
C) Or should I spend even more turns to spy those D-allies as well to determine the exact minimum break?

braden Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 19:40:26

xinhaun is both smart and correct

Edited By: braden on Sep 22nd 2013, 19:42:35
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Sep 22nd 2013, 19:57:42

Originally posted by giants1223:
Why is that against the rules? What is the point of having allies if you can't defend eachother and unite to eliminate a threat to ones country(I know what the other benefits of the alligiance is just sayin)
The point is you defend them every time they get attacked if they are your def ally. You aid them every spy op they attempt if you have an intel alliance. If you want to know what the point of them is, you need look no further than the help button in the game:
http://www.earthempires.com/express/help/in/allies

I know you say you already know, so this part of the post wasn't really necessary, just sayin', it begins and ends there, because teamwork is for the team servers. If I'm playing solo and people start having their allies come at me for taking a retal or attacking them too many times, isn't that unfair to me? Do I need to bring some friends in too? If we go down that path it sounds more and more like we're talking about those other servers now.

One extra note: It's NOT good for you, in basically any case, to get involved in your ally's fight. If you're trying to play for your own individual country's purposes, fighting some guy that isn't fighting you works against that purpose. So you are truly playing a team game by interfering in your ally's battle, and these are solo servers.

Edited By: blid on Sep 22nd 2013, 20:03:10
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

giants1223 Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 20:52:56

All noted. Like I said I'm a noob and not very sophisticated in my thought. You all have more expirience and examples. My thought though was what If I have a D ally he is getting hounded. Him losing strength subsiquently means me losing potential strength as well(less turrets, tanks,troops for him hypothetically means less for me). If it goes far enough that he is in risk of being killed, that means I am down a D ally. I think I should be able to come to his aid. Once again thats one example I'm sure you all can give me 1000 to counter that.

giants1223 Game profile

Sep 22nd 2013, 20:57:02

I wrote the above post before reading Blid's above comment. That really put it into perspective. Thanks Blid and the rest of you guys for taking the time to explain. I may have the tone in some of my questions and posts that I am disagreeing with what you say or trying to be arguementative but thats not the case. I'm just playing devils advocate sometimes because I'm trying to understand the topic completely. I am new to this game and all your input is invaluable and much appreciated.

braden Game profile

Sep 23rd 2013, 0:35:58

as i think you said blid had explained effectively, the hypothetical "loss" in your potential defense is incredibly LESS than what you'd lose through devoting turns to "fight" or "defend" that would otherwise be used to grow yourself, defend yourself or finish for yourself.

every reset blid and i could agree to feed each other, and attack competitors- we would alternate who wins for whom, and we'd dominate the server. except i don't think he likes me :P

(i'm joking, blids awesome people :P)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 25th 2013, 5:00:17

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

devilpup Game profile

Sep 25th 2013, 17:27:26

Bonus
"If I'm standing on it, it's America"-Action Figure Therapy