Verified:

giants1223 Game profile

Aug 11th 2013, 7:02:00

please get rid of this feature. It gives larger countries a license to steal with limited options of recourse by a smaller country. Funny that certain attacks/spy ops are considered "harmful" yet a SS/PS which takes massive amounts of land/money/building/tech is not?

blid

EE Patron

Aug 11th 2013, 13:39:25

You should play tournament server, it doesn't have those rules
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Heretodie Game profile

Aug 11th 2013, 13:46:57

I'm confused at what your getting at here, 1 attack be it PS or SS has always been acceptable and 1 retal PS or SS. GDI stops smaller countries from ruining the other players set by randomly GS/BR/AB or missiles which happens frequently by players who just mass WMDs and then laugh. Everyone has a equal chance to grow their countries if you didn't grow as fast and are getting hit perhaps you should try a different strategy? GDI isn't bs it's there to benefit everyone who wants to play the game and post good scores.

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 11th 2013, 14:02:34

I've always thought a tweaking to GDI would improve it so that grabbed countries could respond with a limited # of special attacks. Maybe 2 or 3? B/c the ability to run a GDI country with 0 troops/tanks and 0 SDI is kinda lame.

But qz is slow to repsond to primary, and also I don't really trust him to implement changes that we'd like. He would get to thinking and come up with some different, qz idea based on what we asked him to do but not at all what we want... So I just keep quiet about tweaks to GDI on B&S.

tekniques Game profile

Aug 11th 2013, 15:15:09

if there is no GDi, big countries will have to carry tanks and SDI, sure.

But what is stopping them from quadruple tapping people now?

blackknightxiv Game profile

Sep 15th 2013, 1:45:57

I was being repeatedly attacked by someone significantly larger than I, so I joined GDI to keep him from chain attacking me. Even though I am going broke paying the GDI fee, he is still able to attack me freely.

We are on the Primary Server, I have 765 acres, he is 2359 acres, I am 62k networth, he is 252k networth...

What gives, how is he still able to attack me? What am I paying thousands per turn for? How do I get out of GDI, so I can get my money per turn back, if it's not going to protect me?

oldman Game profile

Sep 15th 2013, 3:21:14

blackknightxiv - try this. Have at least 120 construction sites, build industrial complexes only. Set your production to 5% spies and 95% turrets. Just keep building until you are over 2000 acres. You should outgrow the due at 2359 acres very soon =) Sell turrets to the public market at a decent price (look at http://www.eestats.com/primary) for market information.

blackknightxiv Game profile

Sep 18th 2013, 17:10:27

k tnx

Hammer Game profile

Sep 19th 2013, 4:26:50

Originally posted by blid:

Blid, I was hit twice in tourney, with the country buying military or just producing a bundle to double his net over mine, after his second hit. I could not retal without declaring war due to GDI. I thought once you were hit twice, you were free to do as you wish to the opposing country. So I do not understand your comments and/or still do not understand GDI. GDI is kicking my ass as much as the other countries are!! I can't wrap my brain around it.

h2orich Game profile

Sep 19th 2013, 4:45:37

Hammer, different server applies to different GDI rules

There are no GDI rules on tourney except that you cannot hit anyone less than half or more than twice your nw and vice versa for defending.But you can still declare war on them and hit them until they are 1/8 or 8 times your size(humanitarians range) Everyone is free to do anything. Even a country that has never spied you before the entire set, you are able to AB, send missiles to that particular country.

LATC Game profile

Sep 19th 2013, 5:30:12

In the words of Xin, are you people stupid or what?

JK! A lot of people confuse GDI and humanitarians as the same thing, they're different.

GDI, in primary server, prevents a country from doing AB/BR/GS/Missiles and most damaging spy ops on you unless you have hit them at least twice or done an allowable harmful op (bomb banks/raid food/steal oil/steal tech).

Humanitarian ranges are different on every server, but they do the same thing - it limits who you can 'interact' with, regardless of if they are in GDI or not. In primary, the range of countries you can "interact" with (aside from relations/messaging) is all countries between 1/4th your NW and 4x your NW.

Also, humanitarians tighten up on the last day or so of the reset, too tired to find that info.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

Sep 19th 2013, 16:21:49

Originally posted by Hammer:
Originally posted by blid:

Blid, I was hit twice in tourney, with the country buying military or just producing a bundle to double his net over mine, after his second hit. I could not retal without declaring war due to GDI.
Then declare war.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.