Verified:

archaic Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 18:56:06

Honorable mention. Any cobbler - not genuinely a pie, but easier to make and perfect for a crowd. I prefer berry or peach, but you can make a cobbler out of anything.

5. Apple pie - hard to top this American classic, but if you must top it, I prefer whipped cream.

4. Pumpkin - a seasonal favorite, more nostalgic than tastey in my opinion, but its the best pie to drink with.

3. Chocolate cream - this pie requires almost no skill to make, but adds a great touch to finish any meal. Who doesn't like chocolate.

2. Pecan - nuts, molasses goo, a flakey crust, and sticky antebellum goodness

1. Key lime - any pie that offers a daily supply of vitamin c in every slice is off to a great start, add a buttery graham cracker crust and some whipped cream and its the archaic pie champ with a tropical twist.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 7th 2013, 19:00:06

I think your rankings are biased against cream pies!.
Lemon meringue should be 1
Key lime 2
pecan 3
pumpkin 4
apple 5
cherry should be rank 11.
and lets not forget banana cream pie.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Marshal Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 19:20:47

rank drinks next.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 19:22:08

rank marshal shutting the fluff up next
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Trife Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 19:47:26

Originally posted by mrford:

top 3 things that will never happen

1) marshal shutting the fluff up
2) no mean posts on AT
3) world forgives canada for releasing bieber

Marshal Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 20:33:18

fordy: so won't happen.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Mr. Iris Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 20:42:16

Originally posted by mrford:

1 day of stfu = great
1 week = greater
1 month = greaterer
1 year = greatest
forever = greaterest
Originally posted by archaic:
see many colors
fluttering in the spring winds
Iris blooms again

Pride Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 21:02:35

Banana

Symac

Sep 7th 2013, 21:33:12

Honorable mention. Any cobbler - not genuinely a pie, but easier to make and perfect for a crowd. I prefer berry or peach, but you can make a cobbler out of anything.

5. Apple pie - hard to top this American classic, but if you must top it, I prefer whipped cream.

4. Pumpkin - a seasonal favorite, more nostalgic than tastey in my opinion, but its the best pie to drink with.

3. Chocolate cream - this pie requires almost no skill to make, but adds a great touch to finish any meal. Who doesn't like chocolate.

2. Pecan - nuts, molasses goo, a flakey crust, and sticky antebellum goodness

1. Key lime - any pie that offers a daily supply of vitamin c in every slice is off to a great start, add a buttery graham cracker crust and some whipped cream and its the archaic pie champ with a tropical twist.

Never agreed with this guy before, but these are pretty solid rankings.
The only change I would do is widen the scope of chocolate cream to include things like french silk or more complex deviations of chocolate cream.
Also Key Lime without meringue is lazy! Long live meringue!

KeTcHuP Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 23:08:24

KWA>all

Especially Archaic.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

braden Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 23:11:25

um, blueberry, archaic? i didn't realize iris was retiring and you were insulting me to my face!

:P

archaic Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 1:11:13

I prefer my berries in a cobbler.

LONG LIVE MERINGUE!

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 8th 2013, 1:17:13

I agree with key lime at the top, but lemon meringue should be in the top 5 as well.

Symac

Sep 8th 2013, 2:44:43

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
I agree with key lime at the top, but lemon meringue should be in the top 5 as well.

Just add it into key lime pretty similar... unfortunately for me almost taste the same because we evidently can't source decent key limes.

I prefer my berries in a cobbler.

LONG LIVE MERINGUE!

Also this...

I like cherry pie though, but still prefer as cobbler/crunch.

Edited By: Symac on Sep 8th 2013, 2:46:47
See Original Post

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 8th 2013, 3:07:41

Pecan is ranked too high!

this is a bloody outrage! another bias ranking from a pdm nut muncher!
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

Angel1 Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 3:25:39

Angel1's Top Five Thanksgiving Foods:

1. Tied Between Deviled Eggs and Pumpkin Pie - The number one spot was too hard to decide, so I didn't. Deviled Eggs at thanksgiving in my family are a first come, first serve basis (mostly), so when the first person snatches one, the race is one to inhale your share of deviled eggs. This may be an odd choice to snatch a first place tie, but good deviled eggs never last long.

Pumpkin Pie earns it's rank by being one of the first desserts to go out of stock at any family gathering. After a day of eating and enjoying family, it's hard not to make room for one or two slices of this delectable treat. Vanilla ice cream* or preferably whipped cream on top round out this delightful Thanksgiving dessert.

*Vanilla ice cream trumps whipped cream as a topping for Apple Pie.

3. Grandma's Green Beans (or the closest approximation possible) - This delectable vegetable is probably not such a healthy portion of the meal when done properly, but it sure does taste good. A healthier version that still puts a smile on my face downplays the bacon a bit in exchange for playing up the onion flavor. This is also one of those get it early or not at all dishes.

4. Grilled Turkey - This is one of those happy accidents of Thanksgiving. The one year that my family had to grill the turkey has turned into the benchmark for a well cooked turkey. If you can get the turkey close to the flavorful juiciness that is grilled turkey, well then you'll understand why I can rank it no less than 4th.

5. Stuffing/Dressing - Sadly the days of actually stuffing a turkey are gone in most families and with that the ability of the stuffing to achieve a higher ranking than the turkey it's suppose to accompany is also gone. A good stuffing/dressing can still be a key element of a good thanksgiving meal, but a bad stuffing/dressing may end up getting derailed by the dinner roll.

Honorable Mention - Good dinner rolls can surprise you in a thanksgiving meal. Seemingly low key, yet surprisingly important. The simple buttery roll can be a welcome break from flavors that are mostly louder.
-Angel1

SolidSnake Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 3:29:20

Apple pie? American?

*sighs*

marx12 Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 3:30:50

gayest top 5 ranking ever

Angel1 Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 3:32:47

Originally posted by SolidSnake:

Apple pie? American?

*sighs*

Okay, so we brought this with us as part of our heritage, but it's still an American classic.

Originally posted by marx12:
greatest top 5 ranking ever

Fixed that for you.
-Angel1

Boltar Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 16:03:28

wheres all the clowns at when people are talking about pies...

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 8th 2013, 17:14:11

well apples originate in France and are not native to north America.
On the other hand Tomatoes originate in the US/mexico and are not native to Italy.
SO THERE!
:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Symac

Sep 8th 2013, 23:17:19

Not France, somewhere in the middle east or maybe India.
China has had apples for 6000 years.

There weren't even white people yet let alone frenchies.

Vic Game profile

Sep 9th 2013, 0:05:32

lmao no mention of rhubarb!??!

THIS THREAD IS BUNK

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 9th 2013, 0:13:00

@symac: then why does no traditional Chinese cooking have apples in it?:P w/e.

and yes.. RHUBARD IS REQUIRED!
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 9th 2013, 0:16:16

actually iirc, the modern "apple" has ancestors based on multiple varieties including a European crab apple, a middle eastern fruit, and a northern Chinese fruit. It is subject to a some uncertainty as what we know today as "apple" is a product of humans bringing/crossbreeding plants along the silk road.
Darn humans interfering with the sex lives of plants.. ITS AN ABHORATION I TELL YOU!
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Symac

Sep 9th 2013, 1:03:20

Originally posted by martian:
@symac: then why does no traditional Chinese cooking have apples in it?:P w/e.

and yes.. RHUBARD IS REQUIRED!

They lack imagination. Real Chinese cooking, not this Americanized obomanation(tm) we have in the west, is very simple. Natural flavors, keep the ingredient count low and don't try to alter their natural state and taste too much. They also rarely if ever cook fruit. At least in the north.

Originally posted by martian:
actually iirc, the modern "apple" has ancestors based on multiple varieties including a European crab apple, a middle eastern fruit, and a northern Chinese fruit. It is subject to a some uncertainty as what we know today as "apple" is a product of humans bringing/crossbreeding plants along the silk road.
Darn humans interfering with the sex lives of plants.. ITS AN ABHORATION I TELL YOU!

Well yeah the modern apple is a freak show, just like most modern fruit, vegetable, animal product, or nearly anything else in a supermarket.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2013, 3:54:57

What about cherry pie! Blasphemy

tazbot Game profile

Sep 9th 2013, 8:59:59

this thread has made me hungry.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 9th 2013, 15:38:41

"hey lack imagination. Real Chinese cooking, not this Americanized obomanation(tm) we have in the west, is very simple. Natural flavors, keep the ingredient count low and don't try to alter their natural state and taste too much. They also rarely if ever cook fruit. At least in the north."

Real Chinese cooking doesn't have raw veggies in it either :P I remember some dorm mates from china looking at me funny when they saw me eating raw cucumbers :P

The only fruit I can think of in "traditional" chinese cooking , that isn't blended into a drink somehow, based on my experiences with was some kind of mango desert.

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

CrisX2 Game profile

Sep 11th 2013, 0:46:53

bonus post

Symac

Sep 11th 2013, 4:17:16

Yeah they are not big on raw veggies, have very few cold dishes either. The only thing I can think of though that is uncooked is a cucumber salad commonly eaten for breakfast, basically just a garlic sauce and chili oil.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Sep 11th 2013, 4:24:19

I have been searching for the greatest key lime pie, but cant seem to find it.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Vic Game profile

Sep 11th 2013, 4:31:17

that's cause you need to make it yourself syko!