Verified:

Boltar Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 16:09:27

Requiem: while i do think eli is good, if Peyton had even half the defense Eli has had.. Peyton i dont think would have lost to the saints and possibly might have another

elvesrus

Sep 8th 2013, 16:11:06

peyton *WAS* the colts. almost no supporting players at all, on either side of the ball.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Frodo Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 16:15:33

Originally posted by Boltar:
Requiem: while i do think eli is good, if Peyton had even half the defense Eli has had.. Peyton i dont think would have lost to the saints and possibly might have another

What about last year? Even with that defensive lapse to tie the game Manning still threw a pick in overtime and couldnt lead a drive to win the game in OT. Though Peyton would have killed for a defense like the Giants while he was in Indy.

Boltar Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 16:24:06

simple frodo.. that luck and a prayer throw from flacco to jones (i think) champ baily was sooo out of position and the other DB was just as far out of place.. even sanchez could have completed that pass - that pass tied the game to go into overtime.. without that.. ravens lost and bronco's went on to play the AFC championship game

elvesrus

Sep 8th 2013, 16:48:32

seems like flacco's SOP is to throw and pray

locket Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 17:01:27

I was going to say what Elvesurs said. Eli had a team that was on fire both times he won it. Peyton had the Colts who were clearly fluffing awful once he left. The only reason they were even in the conversation was him I think.

hoop Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 17:49:54

Originally posted by elvesrus:
peyton *WAS* the colts. almost no supporting players at all, on either side of the ball.

Yeah that o-line that never let him get hit (after his first couple years) those pro bowl receivers and running backs were all just a shadow.

And hell the Bronco's made the freaking playoffs with Tim Tebow. Yeah he's had just such awful teams around him...

elvesrus

Sep 8th 2013, 18:20:53

so how bout those colts after peyton got injured 2 years ago ;)

mrford Game profile

Sep 9th 2013, 3:32:24

how bout eli and his 4 INTs and 6 team turnovers! ballin outta control.

the polar opposite of his brothers game on thursday, lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Truss Game profile

Sep 9th 2013, 11:59:37

hmmm

hoop Game profile

Sep 9th 2013, 12:33:31

So I think the debate is over between Manning and Rogers....Rogers by a mile.

Boltar Game profile

Sep 9th 2013, 14:52:44

Originally posted by hoop:

Yeah that o-line that never let him get hit (after his first couple years) those pro bowl receivers and running backs were all just a shadow.

And hell the Bronco's made the freaking playoffs with Tim Tebow. Yeah he's had just such awful teams around him...

well: that o-line didnt have to protect him long.. he got the ball out very quickly back then. as for the tebow, its called prevent defense, the same defense everyone leading by 8 points and less plays every damn game hoping to bend not break, look at last night, if that ball didnt go off the giants rb's hand and into a interception Eli might have lead the giants down for the winnning touchdown in a game they had no business being close to even remotely winning

hoop Game profile

Sep 9th 2013, 15:53:10

Originally posted by Boltar:
Originally posted by hoop:

well: that o-line didnt have to protect him long.. he got the ball out very quickly back then. as for the tebow, its called prevent defense, the same defense everyone leading by 8 points and less plays every damn game hoping to bend not break, look at last night, if that ball didnt go off the giants rb's hand and into a interception Eli might have lead the giants down for the winnning touchdown in a game they had no business being close to even remotely winning

Manning is a great player, but saying he didn't have talent around him is comical.

elvesrus

Sep 9th 2013, 17:48:47

you do realize there is a difference between eli and peyton?

major Game profile

Sep 10th 2013, 1:47:42

the season will tell... and yes peyton is a great