Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2013, 15:52:02

Let me preference this with: I'm a Chiefs fan and cannot ever cheer for Denver BUT Peyton Manning is freaking amazing!

This puts me in a really weird spot. On one hand I don't like Denver and they are our direct competition but on the other man oh man can Peyton play some football!

Anyone else think if their D holds up they got a shot at a bowl? (I know, I know its game 1...)

But seriously?

Kinnin Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 15:56:50

Bacon

m0bzta Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 16:00:22

Taco's
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2013, 16:01:41

Interesting take! Seriously you need to apply for ESPN or something!

iNouda Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 16:11:03

Mmmm handeggball is boring. You guys should watch real Football.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 16:20:05

7 TDs and 450 yards is impressive. hes on pace for 112 TDs this year. i think that might be record or something lol. I dont like Denver because of Jon Fox, but i have always liked Peyton.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Jer Bu

Sep 6th 2013, 16:24:19

This is the best time of year. The time when real sports start to be played again.

No longer do we have to suffer through f1uffy baseball games and f1uffin soccer watching grown men kick a ball around for hours and not score goals.

September means NFL starts now and NHL starts in a few weeks. It means I made it through another August without killing myself trying to enjoy watching the Jays lose their 84th game in a row.

God bless America!

Jer Bu
-Canadian

spitz Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 17:52:29

Ed Reed will be missed

crest23 Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 18:33:27

You missed the point, Knowshon Moreno was the highest rusher on Denver. 9 attempts for 26 yds. The D will get Von and Champ back, but they need a running game.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 18:37:41

yeah, because Peyton Manning has always had a running game before.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

crest23 Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 18:46:30

That's always been his curse.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 18:46:57

But I gotta admit, man can play, wow!
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2013, 19:46:10

His curse in Indy was actually his Defense.

locket Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 20:11:29

Its game fricking one Req! Sure they are good enough to make it to the Superbowl but they are nowhere near as good as they showed last night. They will lose and they might lose in the playoffs once their easy as hell schedule is done.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2013, 20:14:47

I know Locket, I know! But Manning is the man!

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 20:27:24

Denver has a fairly cake-walk schedule too. I could see a 14-2 or 13-3 in their future.

locket Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 20:49:05

Rodgers > Manning! Will be an interesting season either way and they will win a lot of games. I could QB them past some of their opponents

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 6th 2013, 21:15:52

ps leafs suck
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 6th 2013, 21:53:28

No way Rodgers is > Manning. Not right now at least. Rodgers has more time left he is great but I wouldn't say he is better than Manning.

locket Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 22:58:48

I'd take him over anyone in the league. Equal passer and he can run. Best passer rating of all time and numerous other records including playoff records!

PS Martian sucks and Leafs dont!

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 23:02:00

peyton manning is the greatest field general i have ever seen, and possibly of all time. aaron rodgers isnt even close.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

locket Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 23:48:10

And yet despite Manning perhaps being one of the best or the best on the field play controllers I still think Rodgers is better. He has a strong arm, he can run, and I think he is also more accurate with the pass.

mrford Game profile

Sep 6th 2013, 23:58:15

you are high, and i suppose a fanboy, so it is to be expected.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2013, 0:11:23

Hey it's ok they are both fine Qb's.

Riddler Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 0:53:48

Manning is the greatest field general of all time, which sucks to say but it's true. Nobody can read the field and set up a play on the fly the way he can. With that being said I am curious to see how Tom Brady answers that, and Drew Brees should have a hell of a season as well

locket Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 2:48:30

Yah so the QB most commonly referred to as number one by most anyone is the guy I suggest is better overall and I am high?

I am fine with people who argue for either Brady or Manning as number one because I think the argument can be made, however, I am not fine with someone laughing off Rodgers because they are clearly crazy. I'd say the same about both Manning or Brady too.

Req who do you cheer for?

mrford Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 3:27:28

most anyone thinks rodgers is the best QB?

lets take this thread as a sample size, 3 think its peyton, one think it is rodgers. most anyone? yes i think you are high.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Oceana Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 5:37:55

Just hope he stays healthy

Syko_Killa Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 5:54:51

Ravens lost about half of their good defensive players, not saying peyton manning isn't a good QB, but I believe your going to see a different Ravens team this year, definitely not the superbowl champs of last year.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Frodo Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 6:24:19

In my opinion Manning is possibly the greatest regular season quarterback to play the game, but when it comes to the playoffs he always seems to lose. You can blame his defense, running game, or whatever. But to be considered "greatest ever" you have to win the rings baby, and while he has one I think that still the greatest quarterback of the last decade or so is Tom Brady as much as it pains me to say that.

Oh and go Hawks! :P

BattleKJ Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 6:40:45

Trust in Eli.

ColoOutlaw

Sep 7th 2013, 9:31:27

Go Broncos!

ColoOutlaw

Sep 7th 2013, 9:33:05

And yes they have a chance at the SB. They were of course without von miller and chump bailey and still had a solid D performance.

Edited By: ColoOutlaw on Sep 7th 2013, 9:35:45
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 10:06:50

Ford a sample of "4" is always the best size now isnt it?

But hey.. lets put out some decent sources and some average ones from a simple google search. And no I did not pick through which ones had Rodgers. I'll save the one with Manning for last!

http://www.nfl.com/...-ranking-the-starters-132

http://espn.go.com/...als-2013-hierarchy-part-1

http://bleacherreport.com/...erbacks-right-now/page/12

http://nfl.si.com/...ers-is-still-the-top-man/

Oh and dont worry. I didnt forget the Manning one. The Onion News clearly thinks he is top! Its worth a read at least even if it is satire.

http://www.theonion.com/...op-10-quarterbacks,33462/

Trife Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 16:29:10

Originally posted by Riddler:
Manning is the greatest field general of all time, which sucks to say but it's true.

Rommel would probably disagree.

Boltar Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 16:32:57

KJ FTW with that and his big mike statements.. being a giants fan of course i like Eli, but i put him no where in the stratosphere of his brother... i gotta go with Peyton

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2013, 17:50:44

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
Ravens lost about half of their good defensive players, not saying peyton manning isn't a good QB, but I believe your going to see a different Ravens team this year, definitely not the superbowl champs of last year.

The Ravens D is still solid if you ask me. Did they lose a few good players? Hell yes they did.

Originally posted by Frodo:
In my opinion Manning is possibly the greatest regular season quarterback to play the game, but when it comes to the playoffs he always seems to lose. You can blame his defense, running game, or whatever. But to be considered "greatest ever" you have to win the rings baby, and while he has one I think that still the greatest quarterback of the last decade or so is Tom Brady as much as it pains me to say that.

Lot of truth here. That is one reason when someone asks who is better Peyton or Eli you have to consider that Eli has more rings. I still, like you, think Peyton is by far the better regular season player but that isn't the goal of the season is it... He does need more rings to solidify himself but needless to say he is one of the best ever.

Originally posted by Boltar:
KJ FTW with that and his big mike statements.. being a giants fan of course i like Eli, but i put him no where in the stratosphere of his brother... i gotta go with Peyton

I do agree Peyton is better but you cannot say that Boltar. Eli has more rings. What is the goal of the season for you? I think if you ask most people they would say a championship not better stats. Eli is a proven multiple ring Qb, he is in the conversation.

@Locket-- It's ok to be a fan of Rodgers if that is your boy, but in all honesty Peyton is better :p

Kaloop

Sep 7th 2013, 18:45:50

Eli is the luckiest QB ever... and I hate him.
Go Skins!

locket Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 18:53:39

Superbowls are not a QB stat Req. They are a team stat that a QB has a fair bit of influence on. There are some pretty bad or average QBs who have won Superbowls and if you used that as a stat they could be considered as good as Peyton which is ridiculous.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 19:49:27

I kind of agree with locket. Right now, Rodgers is greater than or equal to Manning.

Career: Manning >>>>>>> Rodgers, landslide.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 7th 2013, 20:10:58

Originally posted by locket:
Superbowls are not a QB stat Req. They are a team stat that a QB has a fair bit of influence on. There are some pretty bad or average QBs who have won Superbowls and if you used that as a stat they could be considered as good as Peyton which is ridiculous.

The Qb is the leader of the team like it or not they get credit. Also if you are saying Eli is not a good Qb you're just being a homer and hating.

locket Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 21:18:27

I didnt say he wasnt good. I think he is a good QB. I dont think he is anywhere near the top 4 QBs though (Brees Rodgers Manning and Brady). Those four are far beyond any of the others at this point. The rookies will need another season or two to be put up there and Eli has proven that as much as he can be great at times he is not up there or nearly consistent enough to be with them. I forget where I ranked him in a ranking I did earlier this year but it was in the top 10 somewhere.

Frodo Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 21:48:01

You are right in the aspect that winning a superbowl is a team accomplishment. But when you start trying to determine greastest ever then it is probably the most influential stat. Hall of Fame Coach and Quarterback are the only 2 positions on a football team which are inevetibly judged by championships at the end of their careers. You dont hear anyone saying that Sanders might not havev been the best RB ever because he never got one, or that Walter "Sweetness" Peyton was not the best ever because he only got 1. But you will hear people saying Favre, Marino, and others are not the greatest ever because of they dont have multiple rings.

Of course this only really applies to hall of fame quarterbacks who are retired... so yeah.

locket Game profile

Sep 7th 2013, 23:55:11

And I wholeheartedly disagree with those who do that. Coaches you can perhaps judge on winning but not QBs. A team like San Fran could win with a QB who is top 20 in the league right now. If they win two in a row that guy still doesnt deserve HoF. What if Vick were to win two with San Fran and he was clutch in the wins? Does he deserve it? Id say no chance in hell.

Frodo Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 5:40:25

I think we are kind of have a misunderstanding haha. Obviously guys like Vick, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, etc wont be in the hall of fame. I am trying to say when you want to rank the top-10 quarterbacks of all time you have to look at championship rings. That is why Dan Marino is rarely put into the conversation. I am not trying to say winning a championship or even 2 means you should be in the hall of fame, you still have to look at regular season stats. What I am saying is that when you look at guys who are aleady in the hall of fame with amazing regular season stats championships is sometimes the best way to determine best ever.

locket Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 6:10:57

I am saying that if Vick wins the next two or three years in a row that he still doesnt deserve to be in because he is simply not good enough. A team that is good enough could win with someone like him if he didnt get hurt. That is why I dont think people who say Eli is comparable to Peyton are talking sense. If you have two QBs with identical stats I guess you could use it but football is a team game so I disagree with using it otherwise. It is a tradition to do so though.

Vic Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 6:37:47

is it bad that i didn't read this thread and only did a 'control F' for "Brady" to make sure Tom was talked about too ? ?

iScode Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 6:43:01

Originally posted by Trife:
Originally posted by Riddler:
Manning is the greatest field general of all time, which sucks to say but it's true.

Rommel would probably disagree.

Not to mention Von Rundstedt, Von Manstein and Guderian, Bradley, Patton, Zhukov or Timoshenko

Personally I believe the greatest field general of all time would have to go to Freyburg. Sure i may be biased but hey go the kiwi's!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

elvesrus

Sep 8th 2013, 14:05:05

how has the combination of montana and young escaped this thread? kinda hard to argue the whole young only won one ring when his other rings came as the backup for possibly the greatest of all time.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Frodo Game profile

Sep 8th 2013, 15:58:17

I am saying that if Vick wins the next two or three years in a row that he still doesnt deserve to be in because he is simply not good enough. A team that is good enough could win with someone like him if he didnt get hurt. That is why I dont think people who say Eli is comparable to Peyton are talking sense. If you have two QBs with identical stats I guess you could use it but football is a team game so I disagree with using it otherwise. It is a tradition to do so though.

That is true... but given their track record who would you rather have for your playoff team? Eli or Peyton. Peyton has had so many great seasons but they have only made 1 superbowl. I understand that Peyton is by far the better quarterback but for whatever reason he doesnt win in the playoffs.