Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 28th 2013, 20:22:05

Originally posted by dittie:
If 10 ppl put 10k and got a 5% royalty would that get the ball rolling?

Do we have ten people willing to invest that much? Is that enough to motivate the ones doing the work?

If you are that serious about it, I think you are better off finding other developers. Qz and Pang have made clear they have good jobs and this is a hobby.

Loc Game profile

Aug 28th 2013, 20:52:50

Originally posted by Marshal:
and limits hits done by 1 country to 1 bot inside 24 hrs, otherwise some could put bots in deep dr so others wouldn't benefit that much.

Dude what do you think turns are for? THAT is the limiting factor. Just do not create a situation where the demand is higher then the supply.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 28th 2013, 21:22:03

Originally posted by Loc:

Dude what do you think turns are for? THAT is the limiting factor. Just do not create a situation where the demand is higher then the supply.

~60 turns per day so ~40 attacks, 40 or higher members alliance could put 120 bot-countries into quite deep dr. i'm not saying it would happen, just saying its possible.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

locket Game profile

Aug 28th 2013, 21:51:23

I'd think you would want supply to be lower than demand by a bit anyways to foster competition and to promote other strategies as well?

Loc Game profile

Aug 28th 2013, 21:59:02

60 turns per day = 40 attacks? We get 78 turns a day (excl. bonus points), and a tyranny needs 7 turns to do 3 hits and stay at full readiness. So 4 turns regaining readiness, building, selling, etc.

So 78 / 7 = 11ish times the 3 attacks is a maximum of 33 grabs a day. (not regaining readiness is just not sustainable in the long run, plus it does not make sense).

So 33 hits max. But it's easy enough to say people wont run turns at max efficiency readiness wise. So the likely numbr of attacks is more close to 25 at best on average for an aggressive, but average grabber.

So 5-6 hits per bot country, would mean 4-5 bot countries per grabbing country.

Even if we have 700 players, not all will grab. If we have 2000 bot countries there would be enough supply. If it turns out to be too much, reduce the number, if more are needed increase it.

And i can agree with locket that supply should perhaps be a little lower then the demand, so other routes of gaining land will be viable. This is just tweaking the numbers.

But it will create a more future proof playing experience. If a group of friends then create a 5 man tag, the changes of the other alliances allowing em to grow are a lot better.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 28th 2013, 22:06:21

I love all these ideas, it is making me excited and may even draw in new blood to the game as well as old retired players.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 28th 2013, 22:11:36

qzjul how much money would it cost to implement changes like this? As long as its going towards our ideas I wouldn't mind donating to your testing and experimentation. qzjul I dub thee mad professor.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Jer Bu

Aug 30th 2013, 19:39:05

So you throw in enough bots so that everyone can spend all their trusn grabbing lands from robots, and not worry about other real countries or alliances....on the alliance server...

Tell me again what the point would be? It is to make Earth empires a single player game?

locket Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 19:45:20

That is why I said you need a higher demand than supply. I think it should just not be quite so much high as it is now since now the demand is like 300-400 hits and the supply is like 75

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2013, 20:11:52

My problem would be solved if locket would just be my personal land farm...

Marshal Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 20:16:24

Originally posted by Jer Bu:
It is to make Earth empires a single player game?

basically ee is 1p game, if no warring then we don't much interact with other members outside grabbing (which all aren't doing) and buying and selling stuff.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Sir Bloodstone

Aug 30th 2013, 21:22:29

You'd form an alliance for the same reason you do now. Power in numbers.

Jer Bu

Aug 30th 2013, 21:46:50

Power against who? Bots? Dont need power from that.

The Alliance server is built around the concept of the power of societies (clans, alliances, FDP's, etc) to exert their will over others. If the game became who could be most effective at farming AI countries who, while they may hit back, don't hit back with emotion or real risk, or even discussion, then the game changes. It doesn't become an alliance game, it becomes a contest of who can build the best group of bot farmers together on a server.

Bots dont need Ministers of War, Ministers of Foriegn Affairs, and ALPHA divisions specializing in kicking the f1uff out of those who think they can push the limits. Without the emotional, unpredictable nature of human interaction, it becomes a single player game. Players may join the same tag, but not for any reason other than show.

The game doesn't need bots, its needs new players with real emotions, biases, vendettas, mistakes, and unfortunate tendencies.

The alliance server isn't a one player game. If it was, then single players wouldn't get the f1uff farmed out of them. It is a game of relationships, and no AI can reproduce that. If Earth could, then I would build an army to take it down because Skynet would have arrived.

Bu

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 23:01:31

I get that qz and Pang have real jobs and lives, but very little to nothing has been done in the several years they've had control to add bots or an influx of new players. Statements of future plans seem rather empty at this point. Likely it will never happen.

Heston Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 23:02:07

If you aim for a more competitive server put a cap on explorable acres to 6500 & see what happens.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

locket Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 23:14:07

They have said what they have planned LT and they dont make much in the way of money off of this atm so until they put in some pay accounts I dont see it going up much

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 23:16:16

Well, they've been saying the same plans for 3 and a half years give or take. My point is they can't justify spending the time, as they don't make money.. therefore it won't happen and they aren't going to ever make money(off of the game)

locket Game profile

Aug 30th 2013, 23:37:52

People might invest into a Platinum style account or whatever it used to be called

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 31st 2013, 4:21:55

http://qz.earthempires.com/...with-bots-please.-26069/2

Observe, time being spent =/

On something other than this, but nonetheless; and, as I stated on many many occasions over the last year and a half, I was rewriting the back-end for the game, then building a new server, testing a new server, and moving to a new server... we ARE doing stuff, fairly continually, it's just slow and steady, with each of us taking some time here and there...
Finally did the signature thing.

locket Game profile

Aug 31st 2013, 4:35:15

QZ I like the look but are the name boxes that big for a reason in that demo?

Oh and I think msot people know the work you guys put in and are thankful!

Soultaker

Aug 31st 2013, 12:00:11

Jer Bu you do realize that taking out ghost acres and making exploring better would make some strategies and gov type uneffective... dictatorship would be almost unplayable, tyrany also - these are just 2 examples of grabbing govs.

It would also make republic explorer the best strategy in the game and everyone would explore - the game would go to crap!

Soultaker

Aug 31st 2013, 12:07:12

Originally posted by qzjul:
http://qz.earthempires.com/...with-bots-please.-26069/2

Observe, time being spent =/

On something other than this, but nonetheless; and, as I stated on many many occasions over the last year and a half, I was rewriting the back-end for the game, then building a new server, testing a new server, and moving to a new server... we ARE doing stuff, fairly continually, it's just slow and steady, with each of us taking some time here and there...

don't get worked up over 1 "guy" throwing a rock in a river :)) we know you are working stuff and BTW nice changes on the special atacks... though i think they should be lowered a bit more still taker 400 hits to kill a country with res tech:P