Verified:

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 23rd 2013, 20:33:31

Originally posted by Son Goku:
Whenever I try to grab other alliances they freak out, everyone likes the idea until they can't retal back.

This

locket Game profile

Aug 23rd 2013, 21:05:38

Originally posted by Home Turf:
The alliances that have land:land speaks for itself. They are too weak minded to accept they built their countries wrong, and cant protect their land. So in other words they are saying, I will build a weak country, you hit it, we will get our land back regardless of what you do. The same as pacting with everyone. Its obvious these alliances are too afraid or not good enuff to stand on their own quality gameplay. If youll notice the very top alliances does not have land:land policies, instead relying on their quality gameplay to carry the day. Rather than the Im a wussy and because I have a worthless land:land policy I know I will get my land back so I will build the crappiest country possible. Simple common sense.

Oh and if the politics and stupid retal policies where eliminated there would be more untagged. Used to be a bunch of what yall called suiciders, got together and attacked alliances that farmed untagged. While at the same time they would kill countries that farmed one of their countries, it wasn't appropriate for the untagged to do that. kinda hypocritical isn't it?

Want to know what is funny about those who dont do land to land? Other than war there is no way they could get their land back from an alliance like Laf if Laf chose to not allow them to retal. Laf would simply run big techers with SG or H4 etc running them and those few war clans without L;L would have their poorly run countries DHing on those people who actually know how to run a good country.

locket Game profile

Aug 23rd 2013, 21:09:02

@atryn that would be some funny stuff :P I sometimes used to watch computer bots play other games like Smash bros or Starcraft. It was entertaining enough.

@Qz THanks for the reply. Any word on what the next few changes are or timeframes for them? Or are they just back end stuff.

elvesrus

Aug 23rd 2013, 21:16:00

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
Originally posted by Son Goku:
Whenever I try to grab other alliances they freak out, everyone likes the idea until they can't retal back.

This

try spreading the love ;)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 23rd 2013, 21:24:09

Originally posted by locket:
@Qz THanks for the reply. Any word on what the next few changes are or timeframes for them? Or are they just back end stuff.

Mmm I haven't really thought about how long it'll take to do the forums; this is where I'm at though:

http://qz.earthempires.com/forum/new

So there's a bit to go lol... I'm actually just trying to decide how to handle visitors -- as an actual "visitor" user, or a special visitor object... the former is easier to set up, easier to manage perms quickly probably... but the latter would allow us to do more powerful stuff probably....

Probably going to go with the object route...
Finally did the signature thing.

major Game profile

Aug 23rd 2013, 22:48:11

pacting and politics IS the alliance server.. thats what the server is about... not enough land to grab because of pacts, then ask your clan leaders to back off of pacting... also,build a country that can withstand a retal after a grab... these are the basics of the game... why most play it, i believe..

i do think the top feeding guidelines from pacts should be removed ... as if you are a high net country, you should damn well be able to defend it... again, that is the essence of not only the alliance server, but of the entire game we all play.

BattleKJ Game profile

Aug 23rd 2013, 23:51:11

solve the sof and laf problem with bots please

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 0:14:35

does anyone have the skills to create these bots? If so I request that you call them syko bots; )
Do as I say, not as I do.

Rockman Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 2:20:12

That or something else. It is disgusting how few possible grab targets are available and perhaps if laf had more land access they would stop trying to be fluffs about landtrading which has nothing to do with them. They could beat the filthy landtraders through their own skill instead of threats.

Look at the DR on untaggeds. Its just stupid. This HUGE lack of land makes the game less fun. You want to retain more people? Find a way to get more sources of land into the game.

It seems to me that you are not going to ever go the Facebook route which is fine. Thats your choice. So we will not likely ever have a bunch more players. So there has to be some other solution to getting land. This is my suggestion.

I put it here because this is an Alliance specific issue, although I am sure it does affect some other servers as well.

Solve it yourself. Run an untagged landfarm for the server. There's no need for bots. Just need unselfish players willing to play as untagged and get farmed.

locket Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 3:42:01

Perhaps youd like to volunteer yourself Rockman? :P

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 3:57:52

"Solve it yourself. Run an untagged landfarm for the server. There's no need for bots. Just need unselfish players willing to play as untagged and get farmed." ~Rockman

Be unselfish coming from a clan that controls the server, I can only imagine why LaF would be worried about something like this, perhaps you wouldn't win so many crowns, because other clans might actually stand a chance.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 5:31:54

He already did this once.

locket Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 6:46:34

Yes I know :P Didnt know if that should be pointed out for privacy reasons

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 7:15:36

Oh well good for him than; )

elvesrus

Aug 24th 2013, 7:26:55

Soultaker

Aug 24th 2013, 8:26:26

Originally posted by qzjul:

Mmm I haven't really thought about how long it'll take to do the forums; this is where I'm at though:

http://qz.earthempires.com/forum/new

So there's a bit to go lol... I'm actually just trying to decide how to handle visitors -- as an actual "visitor" user, or a special visitor object... the former is easier to set up, easier to manage perms quickly probably... but the latter would allow us to do more powerful stuff probably....

Probably going to go with the object route...

it's a visitor... just make it simple, you can have the more powerfull stuff added for the player accounts

also before adding the game to FB it would be nice to have around 50-100 NPC that will try to do their best to get their land back when they are farmed... that will make netting countries get more deffence and not run with 500 turrets on 40kA :)

locket Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 8:27:59

Soultaker

Aug 24th 2013, 8:30:07

TROLOLOLOLOLOING!!! :)))

Rockman Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 20:18:03

Originally posted by Xinhuan:

He already did this once.

More than once. Three different sets now in EE, and plenty of times in Earth 2025 as well.

Yes I know :P Didnt know if that should be pointed out for privacy reasons

Well, one of those times, my country was named Rockman is a LAndFarm, and my tag was Rockman ... so no need for privacy :)

hoop Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 1:27:39

Here's the thing. It used to be in the game you had legit tiers of clans. You had the elite. The super elite (bigger and able to just kill any smaller clan), mid tier, and then low level tiered clans that were "softly farmed". The thing was those low level guys were still fun places to play as a newbie. And if you played your goal was to get bigger networth so you could hit the lesser tiered clans. The problem is now, untagged countries can spend most of the time in the top 10 due to how the game doesn't currently lend itself to growing in networth. The top land grabbing players intentionally keep crazy low networths and farm because they aren't going to out run an all jetter all x commie who's really good and has some tag protection (again doesn't require a LOT).

The problem here isn't that there isn't land. There's land, ghost acres easily cover this. What's wrong is if a new player started in 1a or if the facebook thing (honestly what is the story on that, I recall all kinds of talk about that back when EE first was talked of, I was kinda excited) ever starts alliance won't allow small groups of friends learning to even attempt to compete. They'd be slaughtered. If there were "safer" or believed to be "safer" options then maybe they could flourish. Adding to that, if we had these bots maybe the skill gap could grow and then TOP alliances would have less incentive to pact out lesser alliances. The game would be more dynamic hopefully and then more people would play as netgaining wouldn't be as difficult for competitive people without HUGE amounts of time.

gradeA

Aug 25th 2013, 7:57:50

Originally posted by hoop:
Here's the thing. It used to be in the game you had legit tiers of clans. You had the elite. The super elite (bigger and able to just kill any smaller clan), mid tier, and then low level tiered clans that were "softly farmed". The thing was those low level guys were still fun places to play as a newbie. And if you played your goal was to get bigger networth so you could hit the lesser tiered clans. The problem is now, untagged countries can spend most of the time in the top 10 due to how the game doesn't currently lend itself to growing in networth. The top land grabbing players intentionally keep crazy low networths and farm because they aren't going to out run an all jetter all x commie who's really good and has some tag protection (again doesn't require a LOT).

The problem here isn't that there isn't land. There's land, ghost acres easily cover this. What's wrong is if a new player started in 1a or if the facebook thing (honestly what is the story on that, I recall all kinds of talk about that back when EE first was talked of, I was kinda excited) ever starts alliance won't allow small groups of friends learning to even attempt to compete. They'd be slaughtered. If there were "safer" or believed to be "safer" options then maybe they could flourish. Adding to that, if we had these bots maybe the skill gap could grow and then TOP alliances would have less incentive to pact out lesser alliances. The game would be more dynamic hopefully and then more people would play as netgaining wouldn't be as difficult for competitive people without HUGE amounts of time.

what he said.

Soultaker

Aug 25th 2013, 8:05:17

yes but what hoop said we need more players and as i suggested bots that will be able to farm back, it's also not exactly true that an all jetter can't compete with the bigger farming countries in the game... they just have to know what to do and since there are no new players and the ones that play untagged are farmed aggressively that won't happen, there is 1 thing to actually have around 100 untagged countries that do play and another thing to have 100 untaggeds out of which only 20-30 play

locket Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 8:15:32

The top players can outrun any retal they want to. Laf has proved that in the past and RD has too. If the top players or any clan really wanted to actually make Croatia a non top 10 country they'd hit him 9 times a day and he'd never retal anyone.

Soultaker

Aug 25th 2013, 8:39:07

The top players can outrun any retal they want to. Laf has proved that in the past and RD has too. If the top players or any clan really wanted to actually make Croatia a non top 10 country they'd hit him 9 times a day and he'd never retal anyone.

that's actually not true locket... if they hit croatia 9 times/ day he'd retal but then LAF or MD for example or any other big clan would consider him as a threat and say he overretalled and they would kill him

elvesrus

Aug 25th 2013, 8:45:27

pretty sure someone tried to outrun me recently. they'd have a better return on that investment than -48 net acres had they not purchased those turrets.

locket Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 10:26:16

You guys honestly dont think some players can outrun all retals? Laf did it to Evo once ffs! Evo dealt with that problem but certain people did it all the time while I was there. How soon you forget. Just because someone failed to outrun you doesnt mean they are actually good at the game and even if they are it partially depends on having good D allies as well. It can be done by those who are planning for it and have a good setup.

elvesrus

Aug 25th 2013, 11:05:00

on solo servers? of course

Soultaker

Aug 25th 2013, 11:45:26

You guys honestly dont think some players can outrun all retals? Laf did it to Evo once ffs! Evo dealt with that problem but certain people did it all the time while I was there. How soon you forget. Just because someone failed to outrun you doesnt mean they are actually good at the game and even if they are it partially depends on having good D allies as well. It can be done by those who are planning for it and have a good setup.

any 1 country can be retalled no matter how big they are... just look at my retals from a few sets back

2012-10-27 17:24 There is No Spoon (#46) [SOLband] Ligovka (#693) [RIVAL] PS 399A (+582A) -hit on a rival country at the time the guys was: 18,720A 12,145,621NW

The next day:

2012-10-28 12:07 Soultaker (#6) [RIVAL] There is No Spoon (#46) [SOLband] PS 1,883A (+637A) retal on the hit - at the time i was: 24,997A 9,110,062NW and at the time of his hit i was:22,457A 7,977,457NW

the difference in NW was from buying the jets to retal mostly and the guy had a fluffload of deffence he was playing theo reseller i think

After this there were to more hits from him on Rival countries and 2 more retals from me

so everyone can be retalled no matter how god they are you just need the right ppl for the job and the right amount of stock

locket Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 12:19:13

Any country can be retalled by at least one country on the server which is true. However, that country rarely resides in the smaller clans or even some big ones. Caught off guard Laf has players that could do this to perhaps every clan in the game. They'd just pay shortly after with some of them.

You just used Sol as an example. Sol is a terrible example. I honestly have no idea how you dont believe me because I have seen this in action set after set.

Here, a few examples of which there are more. If you think an untagged or a lot of the clans around now can retal then think again. People have just cut this down in the last while due to the frequent wars it would cause.

http://www.eestats.com/alliance/oldcountry/243/333
http://www.eestats.com/alliance/oldcountry/243/282
http://www.eestats.com/alliance/oldcountry/243/392
http://www.eestats.com/alliance/oldcountry/104/455

Soultaker

Aug 25th 2013, 12:29:41

i didn't say it doesn't happen but said guys can still be retalled... why do you think no one farms Croatia??? cos he's made it clear that it would be a waste of stock to even try and do it so ppl stay calm and leave him alone... it mostly depends on how you play to a netting country that has say 20kA its no worth hitting a 10kA untagged that has stock and can match your NW while retalling :)

the problem with smaller clans beeing farmed is cos most don't have any retal policy and don't have good enough players to take the retals they should KOTG should be an example of what is said above.

And the ones that have 1 are fluffy when talking to the FA of a bigger clan... you cant be 15 - 20 members and be fluffy with the FA of a 80 member clan that's just childish

Edited By: Soultaker on Aug 25th 2013, 12:33:35
See Original Post

hoop Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 13:00:43

The top players can outrun any retal they want to. Laf has proved that in the past and RD has too. If the top players or any clan really wanted to actually make Croatia a non top 10 country they'd hit him 9 times a day and he'd never retal anyone. [/quote]

But they'd have so much networth there'd be noone left to hit. Again there are countries intentionally keeping low networth. If LAF and RD started hitting an established tag, most could get the offensive power to stop people out running them.

Soultaker

Aug 25th 2013, 15:06:48

But they'd have so much networth there'd be noone left to hit. Again there are countries intentionally keeping low networth. If LAF and RD started hitting an established tag, most could get the offensive power to stop people out running them. [/quote]

meaning a waste of stok

hoop Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 15:22:24

Originally posted by Soultaker:

meaning a waste of stok

No.

Last set while landtrading I was selling jets on the private market just to change my networth for optimal hits. Or other sets I've intentionally not bought tech (reducing my income) because it would have added too much networth after a point and I had to be smaller than the other guys bottom feeding to hit the best/ideal targets. Again intentionally having a smaller "weaker" country because the long term goal isn't to be a top 10 country week 4, but at the very end of the set.

Now if there was more land for bottom feeding, a good alliance could quickly get more land than others, quickly have more buying power, and mid set start hitting the smaller weaker clans in moderation (to avoid starting a war) while other's in the clan could keep bottom feeding. This opens the game up more, but it also means that all x strats get weaker and one of the selling points lately has been that all x can finish top 100 even in theory top 10.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 15:29:30

WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 15:37:54

Keep all untagged countries at 99 turns until they tag up. Alliance server should not be for untagged countries.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Mr Azure

Aug 25th 2013, 15:40:46

Keep all untagged countries at 99 turns until they tag up. Alliance server should not be for untagged countries.

whats the difference if they are untagged or they tag up in a 1 man tag to circumvent it?

crest23 Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 15:50:37

Minimum 5 or 10 members
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Angel1 Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 18:01:24

If the average land per country were 100,000 acres, people would still complain about a lack of land.
-Angel1

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 18:30:28

Originally posted by Angel1:
If the average land per country were 100,000 acres, people would still complain about a lack of land.

At least it would be a little while b4 the complaining started.

anoniem Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 20:00:53

I think that's the example used in the Oxford dictionary for the word "Hyperbole".
re(ally)tired

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 21:17:41

It's not a land problem. It's a policy problem.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 21:34:44

Originally posted by NukEvil:

policis came cause land got scarce, no 80% l:l policies (and l:l happened only if attack was considered as topfeed (although every1 disagreed what was topfeed's definition)) in old game since if got grabbed and didn't get land back from retal or if grabber lost more than gained when retalled then player or grabber grabbed some untagged(s) to get lost land back and some more.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

locket Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 21:43:42

I sure as hell wouldnt. Why do people act like proposing an idea to give more variety is a bad thing?

I cant bottomfeed because I am not going to outcamp the hardcore people doing the 10 targets available.

I cant do much in the way of trading because Sof and Laf are making people leery of doing that. There is a bit out there so at least this is semi viable.

I dont want to play a game where all I do is explore the entire time when I know there are better and funner options out there.

So tell me why opening up bottomfeeding is such a terrible suggestion. Do I want more land? Sure but that isnt the issue. I just want something to actually spend my damn time on in this game. So tired of people who judge this without putting any thought into it. I just want options.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 22:22:44

Amen Locket..I praise you instead of the Lord..lol

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 22:43:29

Originally posted by Marshal:
Originally posted by NukEvil:

policis came cause land got scarce, no 80% l:l policies (and l:l happened only if attack was considered as topfeed (although every1 disagreed what was topfeed's definition)) in old game since if got grabbed and didn't get land back from retal or if grabber lost more than gained when retalled then player or grabber grabbed some untagged(s) to get lost land back and some more.

This isn't a "Chicken or the egg" problem. It doesn't matter whether politics or land scarcity came first. The problem is that policies and politics are the cause of land scarcity NOW. If alliances would trim the fat on their pacts, then we wouldn't have people whining about nothing left to grab.

On another note, the best way to cause a land scarcity and desperation from the netting alliances is to kill their primary source of land. A few resets of having no land to grab from untags and craptags should apply enough pressure for alliances to start being more selective in their pacting.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 22:53:22

I sure as hell wouldnt. Why do people act like proposing an idea to give more variety is a bad thing?

I cant bottomfeed because I am not going to outcamp the hardcore people doing the 10 targets available.

I cant do much in the way of trading because Sof and Laf are making people leery of doing that. There is a bit out there so at least this is semi viable.

I dont want to play a game where all I do is explore the entire time when I know there are better and funner options out there.

So tell me why opening up bottomfeeding is such a terrible suggestion. Do I want more land? Sure but that isnt the issue. I just want something to actually spend my damn time on in this game. So tired of people who judge this without putting any thought into it. I just want options.

You want options? Quit the game or quit Alliance. Jeez. Last set the top 3 tags land wise had a combined 5 million acres. So stfu and learn to play or quit the server already. You want to grab? Go to ffa and create 16 countries and go to town on yourself.

Btw, why can't you grab in alliance? Afraid of retals?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

locket Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 23:03:10

lol you are an idiot. I have more than one top ten so I know how to play the game. Shame on someone for making a suggestion though right? Doesnt fit in with your terrible suicider country plans.

Oh and I have run trader countries so I am obviously not scared to be retalled. Sof in particular is trying to make this part harder but you may notice that I did not ask for QZ to fix this since it is purely a political issue.

Anything else you got for me? Any good thoughts or reasons as to why adding more variety is a bad thing? You have no top 100 in alliance and yet you sit here and rant about something that has nothing to do with you. Give it up.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 26th 2013, 0:38:45

Another idea, would be to give us 100 acres a day instead of 20 free acres a day. This would be easier to implement and wouldn't take much time or resources to change.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Aug 26th 2013, 0:42:55

20*60 is a total of 1200 extra acres that we get. The 100 acres times 60 days would be 6000 extra acres, maybe this would be too much in many peoples opinions. But you get the Idea!

locket Game profile

Aug 26th 2013, 8:32:09

I dont want free land. I just want something to do with turns -_- Giving everyone land is pointless.