Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2011, 18:36:10

I have the impression that if someone attacks me two times and I nuke them or AB them - just one time, one total attack from me - my GDI is broken w/r/t to this player for the "harmful" op.

Is that correct?

Because the actual text of the GDI agreement seems to say that is not the case at all. I see nothing in the GDI description that says anything about using offensive acts canceling your GDI, I only see mention to 1) attacking twice or more, and 2) not having access to harmful ops unless hit twice. Here's the text:

As a member of GDI, you will receive the protection of GDI forces. ***Unless you have attacked a country twice or more,*** that country will only be able to commit the following attacks or harmful spy ops against you: standard strikes, planned strikes, steal tech, bomb banks, burn oil, and burn bushels. However, we require your assistance in return. You will be required to pay $5 per acre of land you own to the GDI fund as long as you are with us. In addition, you will not be allowed to commit offensive acts which are not standard strikes, planned strikes, or beneficial spy ops against other countries unless they have attacked you more than once.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Jackelope Game profile

Oct 26th 2011, 3:02:12

you should be a lawyer ;)

** I find Earth GUITY! Guilty of not making the fine print more confusing as too avoid these silly questions.... :)

blid

EE Patron

Oct 26th 2011, 3:18:09

I am a lawyer actually...
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Drinks Game profile

Nov 11th 2011, 3:29:56

Classic haha!
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

blid

EE Patron

Nov 13th 2011, 15:40:19

Seriously though... Anyone have an answer?

How about this scenario? I'm in GDI and a guy double taps me. This allows me to demoralize him and then attack him back. Can I demoralize or bomb airbases or whatever without breaking GDI?

blid

EE Patron

Nov 14th 2011, 0:54:10

0-hour is approaching. Anyone know for certain if I bomb a guys airbases, it ends my GDI protection?

crest23 Game profile

Nov 15th 2011, 19:49:28

From the way it is written it looks like you can do it without breaking GDI.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Drinks Game profile

Nov 17th 2011, 0:21:37

Do it and we will all find out :)
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Hammer Game profile

Jul 20th 2013, 17:17:53

Was this ever tested, confirmed on another thread, etc? I have been searching the forum, but cannot find a clear answer.

I was hit twice by the same country, yet when I search or spy the country, it says he is still in GDI. Am I booted from GDI if I retal his double tap by turning him into a small parking lot?

This is express server.

Thanks.

braden Game profile

Jul 21st 2013, 17:58:00

he will still be shown as gdi for any other country, hammer, it just ends the PROTECTION from YOU- still the costs if he didn't get free gdi bonus, and limitations on him and others attacking him.

still green letters reading GDI, but none of it's protection [again, from you]. AB, away ;)

if you were to double tap me, and i ab'd you back- you could hit anyway you want. blid, for example, would still be held against GDI rules against both of us, despite both of us having removed ourselves (against one another, not the server)

Hammer Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 18:46:52

braden, thanks for the thorough response. Sorry I didn't thank you sooner; I must have been in my tanks lol

blid, sorry for the perceived highjacking of your thread, but your initial post was a question I have had for awhile. Here's another:

Why is it that GDI is preventing me from spying on people ranked around me today? We have similar net and acreage. Yesterday, I was spying on people ranked significantly higher...almost twice my size.

Is that the final 6 hour rule and is a simple standard spy op considered a harmful attack? If so, that means no more landgrabbing unless someone has already hit you. I never noticed that rule before, but I usually am not grabbing land on the final day either.

It seems that sometimes it is inconsistent, but I think it is that there is just more to understanding it than the wiki may provide. I certainly understand what it means when you do NOT have it, so am not complaining. I just don't understand what is occurring today.

Again, this is in Express if it matters.

Thanks again, guys.

NOTE: I edited twice, so if you visit the original link, you have to click a couple of times.

Edited By: Hammer on Aug 25th 2013, 18:54:01
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 19:12:06

8) Humantarians at end of Reset
During the last 30 turns of a reset, the humanitarians range will tighten with ((turnsleft/31.7)^2+1.05) with a minimum of the range; (ie GDI, team)
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Hammer Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 21:12:32

Thanks, Marshal. We are outside of last 30 turns since I first noticed this GDI barrier several hours ago, so not sure that applies. I just tested by attempting the country directly beneath me and the one directly above me, and no cigar.

I also searched the Humanitarian part of the wiki and read about the 1/12 requirement, which the target was within. I will post actual numbers after the set ends so you guys can help me.

Edited By: Hammer on Aug 25th 2013, 21:35:42
See Original Post

Hammer Game profile

Aug 26th 2013, 7:30:47

I was at $5,136,846 and the other country was at $4,807,727 at the time of the standard spy op attempt for testing the GDI rules, 1/12 requirement, and Marshal's thoughts. I forgot the numbers to the country above me, but less than a few hundred thousand.

I am assuming this falls under the "last 6 hours" stipulation and GDI is considering a regular spy op a harmful attack in this case. Can anyone confirm?

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 26th 2013, 8:40:04

GDI has always affected all spy ops, harmful or not.

Hammer Game profile

Aug 26th 2013, 9:06:08

Xinhuan, thanks, but to what extent? Was my inability to perform a non-harmful spy op today due to the fact that I attempted on someone who had not previously attacked me during the last 6 hours of the game, which is the protection period against harmful ops according to the GDI guidelines?

I am just trying to figure out when the cutoff period for spying and, thus for me, attacking is. It has happened a couple of sets and I can't find the pattern. The 1/12 rule wasn't applicable today by my calculations, but I included the numbers in case someone wants to check my math, and it was not a harmful op as described by GDI. I can see that landgrabbing would be part of the 6 hour rule.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 26th 2013, 15:14:59

There are 3 rules.

1. Standard solo server GDI rules (protects against most harmful attacks). Note that GDI on Express does NOT reduce NW attack range - that is, you are NW limited by Humanitarians only - See (3).

2. Last 6 hour rule (cannot touch/do anything, not even a non-harmful op) to a country that hasn't touched you, if you are in GDI.

3. New last 30 turns rule, reduces Humanitarians range.

Your spy op failed because of (2).

Hammer Game profile

Aug 26th 2013, 17:45:49

Xinhuan, thanks for the thorough response. That helps me!!