Verified:

ZIP Game profile

Jul 4th 2013, 1:22:08

I love the math and market variables, I love being able to place in the top ten if i choose. i love surprising my enemy and seeing it go p00f. I love not knowing when i log in if i am going to be alive or not. I love the interaction between my allies and even my enemy. and most of all i love teaching new players how to do what i do.

and others do to

stuff it negative peeps
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

JJosh693

Jul 4th 2013, 4:08:38

^ agree
~JJosh -> FFA - ARES

kemo Game profile

Jul 4th 2013, 5:05:20

i love lamp
all praised to ra

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2013, 12:35:51

I won't argue that there are some "issues" that negatively affect the game. That's a dead horse we've been beating from all points of view for, well, forever pretty much.

The real glue, the hook of this game is the interaction. That's true with any game. Do you really think that after getting to Level 157 in WoW that it's the pure excitement of beating up Monsters and Bosses that keep people playing?

No. It's the culture that grows up alongside the game. People get together. Become clan mates then friends. It becomes part of every day or regular life.

At its core, that's what this game is. The only "failure" is the seeming inability to attract and retain fresh players in large numbers.

Despite all the EXCELLENT improvements that Ownership has brought to the game, it's still a pretty simple platform. The players make it what it really is. Too bad Mehul didn't do all the improvements back in the day. Oh well.

To those putting the game down or talking about its decline, I have a suggestion. Join a clan full of people you don't know. Make some new friends. Learn some new things. Hear some new points of view. It'll change your whole outlook. Take advantage of the real attraction of EE.

mikie3ars Game profile

Jul 6th 2013, 15:10:10

:) agreed

gege Game profile

Jul 6th 2013, 15:14:03

noted

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jul 6th 2013, 15:21:23

it seems to me the only ones whining are either

a: petitioning to be able to run more accounts (which would really kill the game)

b: hiding behind new member names (probably something to do with point a)

c: noobs that think they can jump in strt playing and do whatever they want. (then they get killed and it's fluff this game, this is why this game sucks)
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 6th 2013, 15:32:41

They have some legit arguments, IMO, Dave. BUT....

The real problem is that not nearly enough people come thru the revolving door.

And honestly, nobody gives a fluff if one or two people run off and quit. Any one or 5 of us could quit playing today and the beat would go on. Anyone who is still here is likely to STAY here and so long as Ownership isn't losing its ass on costs, a small player base is not so big a deal.

For the players who remain though, it kind of sucks. Let's use NBK as an example. Who haven't they beaten in a war here? Repeatedly?

How many times can you war any clan before you're just going through the motions? NBK v. PANLV XIII is like too many Rocky sequels.

SO if EE can't get a meaningful amount of new players, what CAN it do to make things more interesting if anything?

dittie

Jul 6th 2013, 17:12:34

Like all games, 10% will succeed, 1% will dominate and 90% will complain, yet do nothing.

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Jul 6th 2013, 17:32:42

Originally posted by dittie:
Like all games, 10% will succeed, 1% will dominate and 90% will complain, yet do nothing.

all games are bad at math?
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 6th 2013, 17:49:18

lol at crazydave :)

Dragon Game profile

Jul 6th 2013, 17:49:44

This game is different. ANYONE can "dominate" here. But that takes not only "technical skill" but also "interpersonal skill".

It's like anything else. Pay your dues, make friends and generally get a little street cred.

Anyone who does not "succeed" or "dominate" here does not do so because everyone else sucks.

dittie

Jul 6th 2013, 21:37:32

succeed and dominate are part of the same 10%
durrrrrrrrrrrrr

the top 1% of the wealthiest ppl are also part of the top 10% wealthiest.

but i dont expect common sense to thrive in a forum.

Anyways, no matter how easy this game is, or any game, the same holds true. 10% will rise to the top, 1% will dominate. If what you say is true, Dragon, everybody could finish with the exact same NW and be tied for #1. Which has never happened.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 6th 2013, 22:15:03

and there is luck, did you play the right strat for that sets market
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Marshal Game profile

Jul 6th 2013, 22:29:01

playing totally right strat for set's market is difficult but with 16 countries some country/ies has/have right strat for set's market (unless plays all 16 with same strat).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

kemo Game profile

Jul 7th 2013, 1:55:28

Originally posted by Marshal:
playing totally right strat for set's market is difficult but with 16 countries some country/ies has/have right strat for set's market (unless plays all 16 with same strat).
you really need to change your name to captain obvious
all praised to ra

Marshal Game profile

Jul 7th 2013, 9:07:27

its taken.

kemo Game profile

Jul 7th 2013, 14:15:26

?!? i must find and befriend this person
all praised to ra

Marshal Game profile

Jul 7th 2013, 14:27:38

luck with that.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 7th 2013, 15:02:03

everyone gets a trophy. group hug time.

Heston Game profile

Jul 7th 2013, 18:48:57

This game has made enriched my life by forcing me to teach myself how to type and has renewed an interest in math. It has also taught me alot about computers and the internet. Thanks to EE staff, E2025, Akula, kuku, SumId, Wrath, crag, wronghouse, gg, gib (rip), voltron, even highlander for teaching me about the game and a whole lot more when I was a n00b.

❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

dittie

Jul 7th 2013, 20:55:45

play poker if u want to be interested in math. not only is it fun, but you can make a living out of it

FbGzx2013 Game profile

Jul 7th 2013, 22:00:35

I agree... the game is a blast to play thats why after all these years I returned. I love the strategy involved. I however miss the interaction that was here before still somewhat here but not like it used to be. the endless chats and war chats and all the fluff on FFAT. oh and th sheep never forget the sheep.
FbGz- SOTA - Death Knights
MSN:

Heston Game profile

Jul 7th 2013, 22:04:25

Great idea dittie. But I can count to 52 already, know my shapes and the royal picking order. The ability to tell if someone is full of fluff or not, thats the game of poker. Your attempt at making yourself look like a player has once again failed. Run along and go fluff yourself son. Try making a living doing that.

<3
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

PapaSmurf Game profile

Jul 8th 2013, 1:52:39

I play this game mainly for my clanmates. Just enjoying hanging out in mIRC talking.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 8th 2013, 2:33:24

i will say i enjoy this server a lot better then alliance these days