Verified:

Makinso Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 19:37:46

So it's a bit weird that the civs killed botch off when a country gets FAed in a kill run. That means he has to do nothing and still takes more hits to kill.... Can we do something about that.

Like flack FA taken military out of the formula?? Not sure how hard that is.

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 20:00:00

So, Basically because your losing you want the rules changed?

I acturally like the new FA resetting the pop killed count. It add another element to war.

braden Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 20:10:24

and by golly, might just give somebody a chance to stonewall, to boot!

Duna Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 20:47:12

Isnt this forum for bugs and suggestion and not for cry?

locket Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 21:41:08

Should rename these forums the Sol whine about why they lose forums.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jun 29th 2013, 21:45:36

Did I miss somewhere that this suggestion is only for alliance server? Hmmmm.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

locket Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 21:46:57

He plays alliance. He is warring in alliance. He is making it with regards to alliance.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Jun 29th 2013, 22:07:22

He doesn't play FFA? That is news to me.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

braden Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 0:25:35

does he lose wars in ffa as badly as he does in alliance?

Makinso Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 0:54:20

lol braden I´ve done so.

I did not encounter the mass civ changes until just recent. It involves on skill really to get that setup and it´s out of context IMO, the fact that it stalls a kill run delays it in time so you´re player can get on to wall, run turns etc is fine. But that 1 FA package can easily push a kill run for 35 - 50 more hits (thus 120 turns) is a bit overdone IMO.

It means sending 2 FA packages can push for 100 extra hits which is nearly half a kill run.

We've been using the DR tactic to prevent farming SOL restarts but at the same time commented it was not something that should be used like that in war and it got changed.

So don't pull the silly you lose so you suggest something in you favor card as that's bs.

braden Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 0:56:20

(i don't know mak, you're good people and when i name call your alliance i don't particularly mean you- and that was kind of a cheap shot, it wasn't needed, accomplished nothing, so my apology on that)

Ershow Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 3:15:41

Easy solution...hit faster and stop crying.

I find it amusing that in one thread you BBQ boys are complaining about being killed too fast, then in this thread you are complaining about a game mechanic that only becomes an issue if you are not able to kill fast enough.

herp derp much?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 5:23:34

Kills are too fast and need to be slowed down further.

Ershow Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 6:59:44

I agree Xinhuan, but for now, sending FA packages is the only effective way to slow down a kill run long enough to allow your guy to get online.

I think this thread is nothing more than a whiny knee jerk reaction to a successfully stalled KR (due to a lack of turns and re-breaking power to finish it up) and is nothing more than a vent of frustration.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 13:35:37

Did you know:

Let's say a target with 60k pop takes about 220 hits to kill.

We SR this target down to 20k pop, then start a kill run. Due to the way the pop kills ramp up, and how the troop/pop ratio works, it still took 220 hits to kill it.

Conclusion, SRs and CMs at the start of a run are worthless.

h2orich Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 15:12:04

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Did you know:

Let's say a target with 60k pop takes about 220 hits to kill.

We SR this target down to 20k pop, then start a kill run. Due to the way the pop kills ramp up, and how the troop/pop ratio works, it still took 220 hits to kill it.

Conclusion, SRs and CMs at the start of a run are worthless.

Yes, I think Civ kills are based on troops/acre ratio, not troops/pop or pop/acre ratio.

That means a theo(much higher pop than other governments)with 100k troops will take the same amount of turn to kill with another country with 100k troops with much lesser pop.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 16:13:29

Don't think acres has anything to do with it. Qzjul once posted the formula for population lost in a GS attack:

http://forums.earthempires.com/...mp;z=impossible-ab-return

though, the formula wasn't all that useful because the variables weren't explained, but it definitely did not contain "acres" in it, only the ratio of pop to troops (not troops to pop).

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 1st 2013, 10:08:15

this isn't a bug. it was an original intention of this style of attacking/losses.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 1st 2013, 12:32:41

i posted about this a long time ago, referring to ffa. if you sr a target first, then try to kill it, it still takes about the same amount of hits. so spy killing has been killed. also cheming a country first then killing if you run out of chems takes a ton of hits as well. its just silly, so the game is broken.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 1st 2013, 20:43:28

that's different than what is being discussed in this thread.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org