Jun 26th 2013, 16:56:22

^ *agrees*
-=(M m i x X)=-

Oceana Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 17:30:01

Agree with that, and Jordan was fun to watch

mrford Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 18:15:31

Jordan is the greatest, no question there, but if you dont think lebron is fun to watch you are just a hater, simple as that.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Shinigami Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 22:26:12

Well... to Michale's point... Bill Russel and the Celtics won from 59-66 and a total of 11 times in 13 years.

So... yeah...

archaic Game profile

Jun 26th 2013, 23:48:23

Neither Jordan or James had as good a team around them as Russell had, but yeah MJ>>>LJ
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Mr.Silver

Jun 27th 2013, 0:10:25

96 bulls were epic.. And Rodman was better inside than any of the big men centers were

The bulls were a near perfect mix... proper amount of stars and role players,
Great defence and some major offensive weapons

I'd take that team over the earlier Lakers, piston, or Celtic teams.

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Jun 27th 2013, 0:13:03
See Original Post

de1i Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 0:56:59

This is last years commercial :P

Mr.Silver

Jun 27th 2013, 2:12:34

yet the heat still arent better than them :P

mrford Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 2:28:44

what if the heat win 6 in a row?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

archaic Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 2:31:43

then they will be the best team ever - but I would not hold my breath
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Twain Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 2:33:44

fordy: Then we'll consider LeBron's case when he does that. The way Wade plays though, I'd be shocked if he's got enough quality years left in his body to help LeBron win more than 4.

Also, the East should get quite a bit tougher next year, as Indiana will continue to get better, assuming they can keep everyone together, and Chicago gets back Derrick Rose.

Of course, the West is probably getting weaker, since SA is getting old, but OKC should be the Finals favorite from the West against next year with a healthy Westbrook.

Mr.Silver

Jun 27th 2013, 2:37:37

Originally posted by mrford:

rodman > bosh (not even close)
pippin > wade (current wade to then pippen)
jordan/james are a wash, yet rodman can help wreak james inside game,i dont see anyone on miami ruining anything jordan brings
and id still take the bulls supporting cast,

and 72 wins ;P

mrford Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 2:39:51

im talking about the james jordan comparison, not bulls heat.....
Swagger of a Chupacabra

bertz Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:09:42

When Jordan left, Bulls still went to playoff.
When James left, Cavs became one of the worst team.

So yeah the Bulls is a very great team.
They had a great run not because of Jordan but because of the team.

Tokyousr Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:15:15

Originally posted by Mr.Silver:

jordan/james are a wash, yet rodman can help wreak james inside game,i dont see anyone on miami ruining anything jordan brings

and 72 wins ;P

birdman > rodman

wade > pippin u gotta be effin kidding me, PPG per season stats is enough, but just in general pippin doesnt have the moves like wade does.

King James > Jumpman Jordan.

James is well on his way to surpassing Jordan in every conceivable category – except one (scoring titles). Jordan had 10 to James’ one. His Airness won five MVP awards; James already has four; Jordan was a first-team All-NBA selection 10 times while James was just named unanimously for the seventh time. Jordan was on nine All-Defensive teams; James has already appeared on five while Jordan was a 14-time All-Star and James has nine selections.

Jordan finished with a little more than 32,000 points for a 30.1 average while James has slightly more than 21,000 for a 27.6 average. And while James will never approach the 10 scoring titles Jordan amassed, he’ll still score more total points.

Meanwhile, he’ll have significantly more rebounds and assists as James averages 7.3 boards and 6.9 assists to Jordan’s 6.2 and 5.3, respectively. While Jordan is clearly the more prolific scorer, James is the better overall player and more of a team player.

But no matter what the numbers say in the end, James will still come out on the lower end when it comes to branding, endorsements and likeability. This stems mainly from “The Decision” in 2010 when James made a much-hyped announcement that he was leaving his home town Cleveland Cavaliers for the Heat.

It depends on your own viewpoint whether this is fair or not but I would argue it is not. Why is James a bad guy in the court of public opinion when Jordan wasn’t exactly a choir boy himself with gambling issues and paternity lawsuits? He also has hardly distinguished as a team owner with the Charlotte Bobcats. Conversely, James appears to be a devoted family man.

My contention is that in roughly a decade when James is ready to leave, he’ll be regarded as the best ever to grace the hardwood

Zahc Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 4:16:28

too early in lebrons career to even think about comparing him to Jordan
llort orp s`fos

Mr.Silver

Jun 27th 2013, 4:29:07

Originally posted by Tokyousr:

and 72 wins ;P

birdman > rodman

wade > pippin u gotta be effin kidding me, PPG per season stats is enough, but just in general pippin doesnt have the moves like wade does.

James is well on his way to surpassing Jordan in every conceivable category – except one (scoring titles). Jordan had 10 to James’ one. His Airness won five MVP awards; James already has four; Jordan was a first-team All-NBA selection 10 times while James was just named unanimously for the seventh time. Jordan was on nine All-Defensive teams; James has already appeared on five while Jordan was a 14-time All-Star and James has nine selections.

Jordan finished with a little more than 32,000 points for a 30.1 average while James has slightly more than 21,000 for a 27.6 average. And while James will never approach the 10 scoring titles Jordan amassed, he’ll still score more total points.

Meanwhile, he’ll have significantly more rebounds and assists as James averages 7.3 boards and 6.9 assists to Jordan’s 6.2 and 5.3, respectively. While Jordan is clearly the more prolific scorer, James is the better overall player and more of a team player.

But no matter what the numbers say in the end, James will still come out on the lower end when it comes to branding, endorsements and likeability. This stems mainly from “The Decision” in 2010 when James made a much-hyped announcement that he was leaving his home town Cleveland Cavaliers for the Heat.

It depends on your own viewpoint whether this is fair or not but I would argue it is not. Why is James a bad guy in the court of public opinion when Jordan wasn’t exactly a choir boy himself with gambling issues and paternity lawsuits? He also has hardly distinguished as a team owner with the Charlotte Bobcats. Conversely, James appears to be a devoted family man.

My contention is that in roughly a decade when James is ready to leave, he’ll be regarded as the best ever to grace the hardwood

I would very much take Pippen back in 96 tover Wade this past year especially in the post season, he'd play some games and barely show up in others.

if you were to compare other year Pippens to previous years of Wade then yes no contest Wade>Pippen, but not right now. also defence wise I would much rather be guarded by Wade than Pippen.

mrford Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 5:01:22

wade was injured for the last half of the year and the entire playoffs. he had his knee drained a few times through the playoffs. the fact that he still did what he did as impressive

but sure, blame him for being hurt and not playing like he was 22
Swagger of a Chupacabra

grimjoww Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 5:09:25

LBJ left his former team to form a super team. Jordan would never do that .. Jordan > LBJ just of that reason alone :P

Chump Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 5:39:45

wade was injured for the last half of the year and the entire playoffs. he had his knee drained a few times through the playoffs. the fact that he still did what he did as impressive

just saying, to compare him "this year" on "this team" he is not equal to Pippen in 96

Just like Kareem in his 40's wasn't the same player as when he was young.

year by year, team by team the best team I can see is that 96 bulls team.

If you want my vote for best player of all time, I'll go with Kareem's Earl "the goat" Manigault vote when he was asked.

Mike was great, and his marketing team at Nike and Gatorade made him larger than life.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 27th 2013, 17:47:40

Are you skittles? Bird man over rodman? Ahhahahahahahaha

Twain Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 21:07:00

Tokyousr: You're either too young to have really seen the Bulls during the 90s or you simply don't know basketball.

The most telling thing is to say Birdman is better than Rodman? Rodman was a great defender and a great rebounder. The guy AVERAGED 13.1 rebounds a game and had two seasons where he was grabbing over 18 a game. Andersen's top rebounding number was 6.4 a game. Andersen's a nice role player as a defender/rebounder, but he's a role player, not a starter. Rodman was such a good defender/rebounder that he earned himself a position as a starter despite the fact that his offensive skills are probably just as limited (if not moreso) than Andersen's.

And Pippen/Wade I think is a reasonable argument, but you're short-changing Pippen. If you simply look at the stats, you miss out on the fact that Pippen's defensive skills are FAR better than Wade's. He made the All-NBA Defensive 1st team 8 straight years, and bookending on either side of that 8-year run, he was on the 2nd-team defensive team. Wade has three times made the 2nd-team, but never made the 1st team. Pippen also leads Wade 3-2 in "All NBA first team," but that might be unfair to use right now since Wade presumably could have a year or two left in his where he could be good enough to earn such honors.

Also, looking at "per game" stats, it's misleading to look at their scoring differences, since:

1) Pippen played all of his prime years in the shadow of Michael Jordan and therefore was ALWAYS the 2nd option offensively.
2) Pippen's per game stats include the last years of his career when he was more of a role player. Wade's still in his prime (or perhaps is just starting to decline), so his per game scoring is still elevated. It would be similar to if Pippen retired in 1998 when Jordan did.

One last thing on Pippen/Wade. Wade's Heat in 2007-2008 finished dead last in their division with only 15 wins and were the worst of every NBA team in scoring. Now Wade only played 50 games that year, but I can't imagine a team with Scottie Pippen in his prime only winning 15 games.

As far as LeBron/Jordan, it's too early to call, but right now you HAVE to put Jordan ahead because the guy has 6 championships for which he is the main reason his team won those championships. Michael Jordan has a will to win unlike any other basketball player to play in the NBA (Kobe Bryant comes more to mind in this regard than LeBron).

LeBron is the superior physical specimen and is developing somewhat of a killer instinct. When it's all said and done, he might be the "GOAT" once his career is done, but he's not there yet, and the main reasons are the fact that he has 2 championships to Jordan's 6 and the fact that he had to leave his original city and team up with another superstar to get his championships (I know I've made the argument here that Pippen is better than Wade, which seems to undercut this argument, but there's a distinct difference, at least in people's perceptions, between having a team built around you vs. LeBron's "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" method).

But seriously, if nothing else: Birdman over Rodman? That's just straight up stupid.

Twain Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 21:13:54

Originally posted by bertz:
When Jordan left, Bulls still went to playoff.
When James left, Cavs became one of the worst team.

So yeah the Bulls is a very great team.
They had a great run not because of Jordan but because of the team.

Unfair comparison. You're comparing the Cavs team, with which Lebron won ZERO championships to the Bulls.

You need to make this a "Heat vs. Bulls" comparison if you want it to be valid. With Bosh/Wade and some added role players to fill in the salary left behind by taking LeBron's max salary away, the Heat are still probably AT LEAST a playoff team, and quite possibly still about the 4th seed or so (I'd think they'd be behind NY, Indiana, Chicago)

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jun 27th 2013, 21:23:41

Twain, your first sentence in that long post was my exact thoughts.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 2:17:16

As it stands today Lebron is not even a top 5 player in history. (Jordan, Bird, Magic, Abdul-Jabar and Russell) and its debatable that he's even top 10. Bryant, Shaq, Robertson, Duncan, Irving, and Mikan all have legitimate arguments to being more significant.
Smarter than your average bear.

bertz Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 2:36:02

I would agree Jordan>James but not Bryant>James.
That would be a complete joke.

I have to agree on Twain though.

mrford Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 15:16:26

people are forgetting about the coaches. jordan easily had the better coach, and clevland....well he was no good clearly . spolstra remains to be seen, hes still really young with 2 rings
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 28th 2013, 15:23:58

I agree Bryant today is not better than James today. But Bryant in his prime? You could probably make a case there.

The great thing, and fluffty thing, is that these epic match-ups of "People in their prime" can never be made so it's got a lot of room for debate.

I'd say as far as legacy goes James hasn't caught up to even Bryant yet. He needs more rings then we can talk.

But I'll agree, yes James is the best right now in the world.

Boltar Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 15:52:14

u do realize that when james beats jordan in total points. u gotta account for the fact james came into the league at 18 and jordan took 2 yrs off roughly.. that gives him roughly 5-6 yrs to accumulate more points then jordan.. gotta go by average at that point

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jun 28th 2013, 15:55:39

Originally posted by Boltar:
u do realize that when james beats jordan in total points. u gotta account for the fact james came into the league at 18 and jordan took 2 yrs off roughly.. that gives him roughly 5-6 yrs to accumulate more points then jordan.. gotta go by average at that point

Agreed, anyone who makes the 'total points' argument is an idiot.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 28th 2013, 16:05:06

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
Originally posted by Boltar:

Agreed, anyone who makes the 'total points' argument is an idiot.

AGREE!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 28th 2013, 16:08:42

Originally posted by Twain:

1) Pippen played all of his prime years in the shadow of Michael Jordan and therefore was ALWAYS the 2nd option offensively.

I just want to point out that Pippen was a very valuable player on that team and Jordan would never have accomplished what he did without pippen.

Pippen is a super star in his own right. I think its fair to say that no matter who was on the team they would have been 2nd option to Jordan.

Also don't forget about their #3 options for bombing the long ball... Steve Kerr. I recall him making a lot of big shots too.

hoop Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 2:42:29

96 bulls were epic.. And Rodman was better inside than any of the big men centers were

The bulls were a near perfect mix... proper amount of stars and role players,
Great defence and some major offensive weapons

I'd take that team over the earlier Lakers, piston, or Celtic teams.

And there weren't any good teams in the NBA that year. I loved that team and all but they didn't have much competition.

hoop Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 2:43:52

Jordan is the greatest, no question there, but if you dont think lebron is fun to watch you are just a hater, simple as that.

He's not pretty to watch. His movement is fluid, everything seems to come from explosive power. He reminds me a lot of Shaq. Yeah, what he's doing is amazing but it wasn't fun to watch. It wasn't enjoyable. So yeah, Lebron is boring to me. I'm not "hating" but just calling a spade a spade.

hoop Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 2:48:54

and 72 wins ;P

birdman > rodman

Did you just use points per game as a stat to justify a player over another? Wade now vs Pippen in 96 isn't close. Pippen is the better passer, defender, shooter, rebounder, and well you name something Pippen was better. Wade's peak 3-5 years ago was better than Pippen's, but Pippen was one of the best wing defenders to play the game and one of the most complete players we've ever seen.

Jordan played a shorter career than James. The real question is top 5 and top 10 winshare and number of times James will lead the league in PER. Additionally, PER in the playoffs vs the regular season as well as career play off winshare. The rest of those "stats" are meaningless as they don't adjust for the era. Thankfully basketball isn't freaking baseball where stupid 100 year old stats are used for all the milestones.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 29th 2013, 5:37:36

Anyone who takes bird man over rodman is not... well I dont see it.

Tokyousr Game profile

Jun 29th 2013, 6:25:40

Originally posted by Requiem:

ok, fine. rodman>birdman on the floor.
off the floor, he gave up bball to become a professional wrestler only to give that up after a few years. tried getting back into the NBA but that failed too.
on his private time, rodman enjoys to wear wedding dresses and give head to dudes. been divorced 4x, and currently is bankrupt and cant pay for child support. not to mention hes friends with the worst dictator in the world kim jong il's son.
but yes, he is a one of the greatest power forwards of all time.

hoop Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 17:34:15

Originally posted by Requiem:

ok, fine. rodman>birdman on the floor.
off the floor, he gave up bball to become a professional wrestler only to give that up after a few years. tried getting back into the NBA but that failed too.
on his private time, rodman enjoys to wear wedding dresses and give head to dudes. been divorced 4x, and currently is bankrupt and cant pay for child support. not to mention hes friends with the worst dictator in the world kim jong il's son.
but yes, he is a one of the greatest power forwards of all time.

He was done when he left the nba...but is birdman's off the court life all that much better?

hoop Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 17:39:40

Originally posted by Chump:

just saying, to compare him "this year" on "this team" he is not equal to Pippen in 96

Just like Kareem in his 40's wasn't the same player as when he was young.

year by year, team by team the best team I can see is that 96 bulls team.

If you want my vote for best player of all time, I'll go with Kareem's Earl "the goat" Manigault vote when he was asked.

Mike was great, and his marketing team at Nike and Gatorade made him larger than life.

I'd take the best of Magic's Lakers and the best of Bird's Celtics over that 96 team. Sadly I'd most likely take the best of the Shaq Kobe lakers teams as well though I'd have to think that one through a bit more before making that statement. And well this year's heat team is definitely in the discussion as well.

Mr.Silver

Jun 30th 2013, 18:24:51

Sounds like a hoop dream :p

Vic Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 18:26:53

listen i'm boston through and through and i love the celts as much as anyone here in the great C.O.B.

BUT

bulls '96 fo' life

Vic Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 18:35:27

wow i was just reading up on jerry reinsdorf and came across this:
"From November 20, 1987 through Jordan's 1999 retirement the Bulls sold out every game."

mrford Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 19:16:32

the charlotte hornets had the number one attendance record from 1991 to 1997. what is your point? ir wasnt until 1998, jordans last year with the bulls, that chicago finally edged them out.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

TY Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 22:11:21

Originally posted by Shinigami:
Well... to Michale's point... Bill Russel and the Celtics won from 59-66 and a total of 11 times in 13 years.

So... yeah...

^^^^^ what he said

Remember when they used to call traveling and the 3 second rule?
There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings

Vic Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 22:22:26

the charlotte hornets had the number one attendance record from 1991 to 1997. what is your point? ir wasnt until 1998, jordans last year with the bulls, that chicago finally edged them out.

hmmm.
i wasn't making a point.
i was simply making an observation.

you're the one with a stake in this thread bud, not me.

oh and one last thing. i'm not a hater, and lebron is not fun for me to watch. too robotic looking. i don't find that fun.

mrford Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 0:04:55

i have a stake in this thread?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Tokyousr Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 1:12:28

bonus

Vic Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 2:47:36

i have a stake in this thread?

mrford

mrford

mrford
im talking about the james jordan comparison, not bulls heat.....

mrford

mrford
people are forgetting about the coaches. jordan easily had the better coach, and clevland....well he was no good clearly . spolstra remains to be seen, hes still really young with 2 rings

mrford