Verified:

Vic Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 8:10:34

Good Luck EDge:
The denouement of an intermutually reparatory symbol in a post modern EE environment.

--------

I recently posted 'Good Luck EDge' in a thread on LaF's private forum. I came to realize that my post marked major precedent: by posting the first 'Good Luck EDge' outside of AT and onto a non Evo boxcar message board I had effectively enshrined this community wide symbol of hope beyond AT rantings and into the more segregated environment present on Boxcar.

As such I suspect my post within LaF will be the catalyst for a deeper ingraining of this young but fast growing saying.

An extended analysis of the 'Good Luck EDge' phenomenon reveals that this phrase has quickly replaced 'Cool Story Bro' as the most widely accepted response of indifference, in 57% of third world countries.

In rural North Carolina where Ford was bred, the phrase 'Good Luck EDge' is now the only form of currency.

In Russia 'Good Luck EDge' has become the rallying cry for a reestablished Soviet Union and sources confirm that Putin recently had this phrase monogrammed on his pillows. Sources further confirm that the saying was the impetus for Putin's divorce: he first heard it used when his wife mentioned it on a wire tapped phone call, and a confused Putin promptly sent his secret death squad to look for this mysterious EDge, whom he believed was sleeping with his wife.

Upon presentation of the report that he was given by his intelligence agents, who confirmed that EDge had never made any contact with his wife, a relieved Putin resolved to create an account in Sol.

It has been said that this is the password that Dennis Rodman used when entering North Korea, enabling him to pass both 1st, 2nd, and 3rd checkpoints. It is now Kim Jong-un's favorite saying.

In northwestern Kazakhstan 'Good Luck EDge' was used by a well known healer in those parts to save a large population of prematurely born Boars. He will be attempting to use the saying for human populations later this month.

And finally, 'Good Luck EDge' was tattooed on Hillary Clinton's penis just last week.

The reach of this phrase remains to be realized and I firmly believe its impact will continue to be felt well beyond AT, well beyond Boxcar, and well beyond the world in which we live.

Good Luck EDge.

Kaloop

Jun 9th 2013, 8:48:02

Shhhhhh

tellarion Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 8:48:29

Good Luck EDge

miniii Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 9:01:56

Good Luck EDge!

EDge Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 9:03:02

Good Luck EDge!

M m i x X Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 10:02:43

Good Luck EDge!
-=(M m i x X)=-

iScode Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 10:56:14

you werent the first to post it outside of AT, it was posted on SoF forums a few sets ago.

another fail brought to you by Vic!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Vic Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 12:21:26

wait, you weren't in sof then LOL! a few sets ago weren't you just getting kicked out of Imag?

nub status once again!

Bikerman Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 12:50:54

Good Luck EDge!

CGiboney Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 16:58:02

Good Luck EDge!

Unholy Monks

iScode Game profile

Jun 10th 2013, 5:16:17

Originally posted by Vic:
wait, you weren't in sof then LOL! a few sets ago weren't you just getting kicked out of Imag?

nub status once again!

I had forum access in SoF as we were FDP's

:P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

anitasanchez

Jun 10th 2013, 8:07:31

!

CandyMan Game profile

Jun 10th 2013, 19:50:44

Vic,

cool story bro.

With love,
Candy Man

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 10th 2013, 20:28:45

Originally posted by Jayr:
Im lost...this means nothing to me

I am going to tell you a story. Once upon a time, in my much younger years, I was (and still am) a sound technician in a church. Back then, my parents would "volunteer" me to work events in other places, such as other churches--often without my permission. Not that I had a choice anyways; their commands were their laws.

Anyways, during this time, one of my stepmom's friends was getting married, and naturally she "volunteered" me to work the sound system at her friend's church for this event, because the sound technician at her church was getting married to my stepmom's friend. Unfortunately, the time of the wedding coincided with the time that I had other, more worthy, plans for the weekend, such as going to the river and hanging out with some friends. Too bad; I had no rights back then, and no say in whatever happened to me.

The sound system at this church was radically different from the system at my church--specifically, they had too much electronic crap to justify the sound that actually came out of the monitors at the front of the auditorium. Most of this crap was equalizers, but there were also several wireless mic systems that looked like they weren't even being used, an old VCR player, a couple extra CD players stacked on top of each other...and all of this was being fed into an obviously-overloaded mixer, via splices upon splices of wire.

What little training I received on this system was done the morning of the wedding. Being the groom apparently places a lot of undue pressure on a man that is also supposed to be running the sound system, it appears. "Ok, this channel goes to this mic...and that tape deck...and through that equalizer...blah blah...", that sort of thing. Yes, they literally had a microphone spliced into the same channel as a tape deck, and ran it through an external equalizer; go figure.

One of the bridesmaids gave me a CD to play during the wedding, with each track to play at predetermined times. A wedding program helpfully listed at what times to play each track. The CD itself was obviously one of those blank CDs where songs had been burned to it via a consumer-grade PC. But fine, I put it in the CD player, and got it ready.

The wedding started, and thing went smoothly...about as smoothly as one could expect from a sound system that constantly popped, hummed, and static...up until the part where both the bride and groom got to light the unity candle. I assumed it would be a romantic song, extolling the virtues of true love and all that hogwash, but when I pressed the Play button on the CD player, what came out was Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up". Yes, I had effectively Rick-rolled an entire wedding ceremony. But, I just assumed it was all part of the ceremony, until I noticed that mostly everyone was looking at me with this appalled expression on their faces. I just shrugged my shoulders and let the song play through.

Turns out, whoever burnt the CD had accidentally burnt the wrong song into that track. Still got me a beating from my dad that night. Back then, perfection was required from my overly-religious parents, so my failure was to be punished in accordance to His will.

And that's why religion means nothing to me.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

EDge Game profile

Jun 10th 2013, 20:42:46

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Originally posted by Jayr:
Im lost...this means nothing to me

Good Luck EDge!

fixed

CandyMan Game profile

Jun 10th 2013, 20:46:20

Now that was a cool story, bro.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 11th 2013, 3:21:25

nub status once again!

Vicky, you hit nub status.... iScode was never kicked out iMagNum. Also you fail to spell the clan correctly. Hence your new name.

Good Luck EDge!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

iScode Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 5:57:38

vicky, i like it.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

miniii Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 8:42:45

Good Luck EDge!

Vic Game profile

Jun 11th 2013, 15:35:11

Originally posted by galleri:

nub status once again!

Vicky, you hit nub status.... iScode was never kicked out iMagNum. Also you fail to spell the clan correctly. Hence your new name.

Good Luck EDge!

GALLERI JUST SAID CLAN!!!!
GET BACK TO UTOPIA!!!

***edit*** GOOD LUCK EDge!!!!

Edited By: Vic on Jun 11th 2013, 18:34:59
See Original Post

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 11th 2013, 22:33:25

Circle Jerk is the proper term?
Respond soon Vickylar!

Good Luck EDge!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

d20 Game profile

Jun 12th 2013, 0:07:27

EDge Game profile

Jun 14th 2013, 20:51:38

Good Luck EDge!