Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2013, 13:30:25

Always connected to the internet required? FAIL.

I refuse to buy the new xbox. NO USED GAMES? FAIL.

fluff YOU CONSOLE GAMES!

EVO|Rasp

Jun 7th 2013, 13:40:27

PC all the way! :)

ZIP Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 13:41:14

ps4
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2013, 13:45:24

I agree with Rasp! PC all the way...

For those of you who don't know what is coming for xbox one:

-24 hour DRM. (Console checks in once every 24 hours online)
-1 hour DRM if not using home console.
-Mandatory Kinect.
-No renting, no loaning. No private sales (unless selling to someone who has been on your friends list for 30 days)
-Internet connection required.
-Trade-ins are up to the publisher and only at "participating" retailers.
+You can give a game to a friend only if they have been on your friends list for 30 days, and then only ONCE.
+Up to 10 family members can play your games from any console at any time? You & one other at a time

BigRedDog

Jun 7th 2013, 13:49:16

im gonna have to wait till E3 to finalize my decision on rather to get it or not...off the review alone? no way would i get it.... but im hoping microsoft wakes up and reverses its stance on alot fo this...i know they are only worried about money and could care less about customer....but this is a bit extreme

EVO|Rasp

Jun 7th 2013, 13:59:29

so locked down! Screw the limitations from Micrapple. Seek freedom and build your own box. :)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2013, 14:08:53

BRD that's not from a review that's from the microsoft press conference the just had. They couldn't wait for E3 to blow their wad on this one.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 14:41:35

Idk.

I will buy it and the next COD.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2013, 14:45:13

LOL COD PLAYER!

Medic Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 14:59:49

My 360 is just an overglorified dvd / netflix / hulu device now.

It hasn't seen a game disk in 3-4 months
Patty loves a big dict

Marshal Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 15:01:37

net connection required is future of gaming (from big publishers).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

BigRedDog

Jun 7th 2013, 15:20:16

imo sony just won this console war with one news release:

According to Yoshida, "At a roundtable this morning, Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers. Sony won't require that."

http://tech2.in.com/...against-used-games/875088

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2013, 15:33:11

Originally posted by Marshal:
net connection required is future of gaming (from big publishers).

True for games like MMO's etc... But even on games which do not require online your xbox still has to be connected to the internet... So lets say you're in Afghanistan and you cant hook your xbox up to the internet... You cant play a game on your down time. M$ hates vets.

Makolyte Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 16:26:15

I've heard nothing but hatred from gamers about these changes. MS would be have to be suicidal to go forward with them really.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2013, 16:36:56

Well I think they are hoping that the other players do as well. This is Sony's chance to crush them. All Sony has to do is not implement the things people are pissed about and they will gain all them customers.

Console games are supposed to be casual and easy not like how they want to see it.

archaic Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 17:14:59

Yeah, the prohibition on used/rental games is a total dealbreaker for me. My kids are 12 and 9, we live and die by rental and trade ins.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Zahc Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 17:22:42

everybody hating and its not even out yet. ill wait til its released and go off those reviews. still quite some time til its released for them to work out any kinks.

go ahead and switch to PC gaming. pretty sure its microsoft that makes windows

As for mandatory kinect, its built into the xbox one so you can speak/motion command it.

its impossible that they would make you have to be connected to internet to play games. no company in their right mind would do that knowing everyone in the world doesnt have internet access
llort orp s`fos

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2013, 18:08:44

Edited By: Requiem on Jun 7th 2013, 18:17:04
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2013, 18:24:33

Originally posted by archaic:
Yeah, the prohibition on used/rental games is a total dealbreaker for me. My kids are 12 and 9, we live and die by rental and trade ins.

Yeah unfortunately developers are pushing hard for it because they don't make any money from the transaction when you buy used or trade. I understand their desire for money but come on! They also argue that when you buy a game you're not actually buying the game just the "license" to play that game, which is true but I've always rented or borrowed games that I wasn't sure I'd like before I lay down $60 bucks on a new one.

Also if everything is cloud based what happens when the cloud is down?

mrford Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 18:29:10

i think you are overreacting a bit. some of this fluff you are yapping about was in the email i have gotten, but you seem to of gotten a few of the details wrong, or you purposely edited them or mininterpeterd them or something.....

http://i303.photobucket.com/...oneftkl_6_zps002f6ff2.jpg

thats straight from gamestop.....

they also said you can choose if you want to but a dics or a digital copy, and you can transfer your digital copy as well.

for some reason the email was like 20 pics, and i dont feel like uploading them all, so PM me your email address and ill forward it to you.

Edited By: mrford on Jun 7th 2013, 18:31:39
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 18:33:25

Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 7th 2013, 18:41:15

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.

At Xbox, we’ve always believed in a connected world of games and entertainment. With Xbox One, we are planning for a connected future. We can’t wait to show you what’s to come."

BigRedDog

Jun 7th 2013, 18:55:47

Originally posted by Zahc:
everybody hating and its not even out yet. ill wait til its released and go off those reviews. still quite some time til its released for them to work out any kinks.

go ahead and switch to PC gaming. pretty sure its microsoft that makes windows

As for mandatory kinect, its built into the xbox one so you can speak/motion command it.

its impossible that they would make you have to be connected to internet to play games. no company in their right mind would do that knowing everyone in the world doesnt have internet access

they have already cnofirmed it having to be connected to the internet...microsoft themselves comfirmed this....

Marshal Game profile

Jun 7th 2013, 19:36:47

Originally posted by Requiem:

Also if everything is cloud based what happens when the cloud is down?

same thing as today, no gaming or any other could based thingies.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 8th 2013, 1:26:05

Kalick Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 1:32:36

I understand there are some edge cases (deloyed military, vacationing to a secluded cabin), but what is so hard about always having your XBOX connected to the internet? Isn't this what the majority of users do already?

Plug it in to your local home network and forget it...

Twain Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 2:07:00

Microsoft should just look at the reviews for the newest SimCity if they want to understand how people feel about being required to be online just to play.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 8th 2013, 2:09:47

Just follow the money... Leads right into M$'s pockets.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 8th 2013, 2:29:17

And yet diablow 3 and starcraft 2 did farily well.

Not everywhere in the world has affordable internet.

For computers I like the ability to put a game on a laptop and play it in many places where connecting to the net is either impossible or prohibitively expensive. :P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

DeathRider Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 4:10:44

Originally posted by Makolyte:
I've heard nothing but hatred from gamers about these changes. MS would be have to be suicidal to go forward with them really.

but microsoft is sucidal.. They are alienating their customer base with every move they make..

The new microsoft office will only allow for one computer.. If you sell your computer, or your computer dies and you have to buy a new computer, You have to buy a new office suite too, can't use your old..

Microsoft will only hurt themselves further when they treat their customers like thieves like this

archaic Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 4:11:29

http://www.forbes.com/...default/?partner=yahootix

Is there anything MS has not fluffed up in the last few years?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 8th 2013, 5:14:18

I think the technology is remarkable. It looks like a winner, smells like a winner, it must be a winner.

Any great leap in technology experiences this initial resistance to change because change is hard for most people. But, the true test will be in the longer term when the technology they're using becomes standardized.

Imagine the fun that will ensue the first time a kid leaves his interface unsecured and Mommy walks into the room, gestures, and suddenly, instead of killing someguy in a shooter, he's suddenly watching Dancing With The Stars.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 8th 2013, 11:18:58

Cerb most of what is complained about has nothing to do with technology. Its software limitations brah.

braden Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 11:32:23

i very much look forward to the ps4.. i should stop buying ps3 games ;)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 8th 2013, 11:45:00

Yup, I'm going to vote with my dollars for PS4 and PC products!

Screw you M$!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 8th 2013, 11:55:37

I'm certainly not an avid gamer, I can think of maybe three that I like to play, and most of them aren't made any more.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

braden Game profile

Jun 8th 2013, 11:57:51

i want a ten eighty p version of oregon trail, for fluffs sake!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 8th 2013, 20:53:12

going to war with your customer base (which is what they are doing) is unfluffy
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

braden Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 0:24:25

im not paying a cent to access an internet j already spend rent and food money to pay for, fluff that noise

Kalick Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 1:24:52

I think we should wait and hear some concrete details about the PS4 before declaring them the winner of this generation in the console war. You guys are getting all wound up about a decision you won't be able to make for another 6 months at the earliest. Just let it all play out.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 9th 2013, 2:11:57

Kalick your voice of reason is bullfluff!

BigRedDog

Jun 9th 2013, 2:13:36

Originally posted by Kalick:
I think we should wait and hear some concrete details about the PS4 before declaring them the winner of this generation in the console war. You guys are getting all wound up about a decision you won't be able to make for another 6 months at the earliest. Just let it all play out.

already officially stated they wont require DRM

braden Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 2:35:10

kalick, six months? I already have the west winning wwiii, iran and russia be fluffed :p six months? ;)

Kalick Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 3:36:02

Originally posted by BigRedDog:
Originally posted by Kalick:

already officially stated they wont require DRM

Sony has made some very general statements, and offered little in the way of actual details. Their public statements have been made very carefully, and leave them with a lot of wiggle room.

While they may not have the exact same DRM system as Microsoft, I suspect they will have something.

braden Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 3:49:56

hm, they say anything price wise for ps4?

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 3:57:12

The thing is Sony and MS are in a strong position vs developers they can tell developers no online DRM and unless the developers want to make their own hardware they will shut up and color or lose sales. MS is going along with this simply because they want control over users.

You talk about fringe cases. What happens when your ISP has fluffed up their fiber ring and you have no Internet access for 3-14 days? Happens all the time. You're fluffed then.
Smarter than your average bear.

Murf Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 4:36:49

Completely undecided at this point

Kalick Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 5:35:20

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:
The thing is Sony and MS are in a strong position vs developers they can tell developers no online DRM and unless the developers want to make their own hardware they will shut up and color or lose sales. MS is going along with this simply because they want control over users.

From what I understand, Sony is going along with it also and will provide developers with a means to allow online DRM on a per-game basis. So while Sony is not forcing online DRM, they may allow developers to force it.

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:
You talk about fringe cases. What happens when your ISP has fluffed up their fiber ring and you have no Internet access for 3-14 days? Happens all the time. You're fluffed then.

While sure it could and does happen, I don't think it is commonplace. This has never happened to me.

For my particular situation (XBOX always connected, I don't really rent or trade games), I can't find the outrage in me that many other people are expressing.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 5:55:25

Kalick: with Sony's setup though its not Sony doing it. It's the software developer. I can't imagine Sony and their second party developers will commit suicide by doing this, so I can just not buy games from developers that do.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 9th 2013, 5:56:47

Also Kalick, I've worked for a major ISP, across the country it happens a lot more than you think, particularly in rural areas.