Verified:

Y-NoT Game profile

May 27th 2013, 1:26:45

sure... play thing that ruins someone elses reset. =) always cool!

Walbertross Game profile

May 27th 2013, 2:27:34

dead.

Kalick Game profile

May 27th 2013, 2:32:07

That'll teach him to retal.

iScode Game profile

May 27th 2013, 2:37:03

Originally posted by Kalick:
That'll teach him to over retal.

fixed that for you
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Tokyousr Game profile

May 27th 2013, 4:40:50

4000+ defends and finally deaded :) gj.

Boltar Game profile

May 27th 2013, 5:00:50

the bastard died cause he committed a party foul.. i did math while half drunk and he RoR'ed the retal i did math on.. and it helped sober me up.. so u my friend committed a sin... death for party foul!

Zahc Game profile

May 27th 2013, 5:28:42

were you half drunk when you typed that?
llort orp s`fos

Kaloop

May 27th 2013, 7:23:34

33 second kr!!!!Or was it 2 weeks.???.....

Bikerman Game profile

May 27th 2013, 7:45:03

The 2 weeks killrun was planned

Imagin if you were captured by the enemy and they wanted to kill you.
Would you like them to kill you in 33sec or drag it out over 2 weeks?

The 2 weeks killrun was palnned down to the smallest detail!

Kaloop

May 27th 2013, 7:52:38

*coughhorsefluffcough* haha

de1i Game profile

May 27th 2013, 8:01:40

metalloid Game profile

May 27th 2013, 9:56:31

MauricXe Game profile

May 27th 2013, 11:25:22

Originally posted by Bikerman:
The 2 weeks killrun was planned

Imagin if you were captured by the enemy and they wanted to kill you.
Would you like them to kill you in 33sec or drag it out over 2 weeks?

The 2 weeks killrun was palnned down to the smallest detail!

exactly. can't be too boring.

Schilling Game profile

May 27th 2013, 13:40:32

Should've named it Sodawater.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

May 27th 2013, 19:15:50

Nice job SODA

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

May 27th 2013, 19:45:10

Awesome effort S-Man! I guess you were distracted for 33 seconds while saving Lois Lane.. the blue tights and flowing red cape suit you well.

But still it bothers me, there's so much of the story unsaid here
👽

Sauron NBK Game profile

May 27th 2013, 19:46:26

lol sof trying to cove up how fluffty of an alliance they are by saying the amazingly bad kr was "planned". You guys are a fluffig joke.

Kaloop

May 27th 2013, 20:31:54

Originally posted by Sauron NBK:
lol sof trying to cove up how fluffty of an alliance they are by saying the amazingly bad kr was "planned". You guys are a fluffig joke.

Thore Game profile

May 27th 2013, 23:18:20

Oh. Here's a response.
Sof.earthgraphs.com

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 27th 2013, 23:54:50

sodawater must have run out of stock..
Do as I say, not as I do.

Tokyousr Game profile

May 28th 2013, 1:15:42

im guessing ur a monster member upset at sodas death? :p

u try killing someone whos online 23.999 / 7 it aint ez. not to mention the unlimited FA hes been receiving didnt make it easier.

close to 100million of his troops have been deaded, and yet he still had 4billion cash. id say it was a flufftastic kill.

Sauron NBK Game profile

May 28th 2013, 1:18:11

Actually no. Quit playing this game cause of pos alliances like sof/laf.

Sov Game profile

May 28th 2013, 1:49:50

lol

de1i Game profile

May 28th 2013, 2:26:40

Originally posted by Sov:

lol

Confirmed, don't blame the alliances inability to grow away from acting like fluffs, blame their leaders.

crest23 Game profile

May 28th 2013, 3:36:15

Glad to see one country absolutely damage an entire alliance. I would so love to see the estimates of the loses SoF took for that long ass KR.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Kaloop

May 28th 2013, 3:49:22

Pretty sure Sov has done a great job taking a 40 member alliance to a 90 and an alliance that nobody messes with. Good job xyle..
Haters gonna hate.

.I blame the jager for this outburst..

tellarion Game profile

May 28th 2013, 4:56:31

Kal, nobody from Evo is allowed to congratulate Sof. Back in your cage!

Sov Game profile

May 28th 2013, 4:59:41

I've been away but I've now looked into this issue a bit closer... There seems to be debate regarding whether or not SoF/Monsters were pacted this set. Monsters did not sign the pact in reply so it is a grey area which could be debated, however the circumstances surrounding the issue are pretty clear.

According to the pact clauses on what would have been signed there would have been NO entitlement to land:land at all. If SoF/Monsters were not pacted then SoF simply does not accept 200% land:land without FA authorization. Had Monsters come to us beforehand and sought authorization before making retals we might have been accommodating as we usually are towards friendly Alliances.

Regardless of all the above, Monsters specifially auth'd SoF to take some land back and notified us that #7 would drop defense to allow this. Rather than dropping defense #7 decided to start buying up. Under SoF's standard policies and also under the pact clauses (which are pretty much the same for most Alliances SoF is entitled to kill due to the number of attacks involved and blatant over-retalling.

Our member was in the wrong for topfeeding in first place, but the response from Monsters could have been handled better. Even the attitude since has not been diplomatic, so be it.

And LOL at the MD members posting here. Y-Not why don't you tell us more about SoF not being in a position of power anymore. Maybe we can test it again on you next set hey? I don't mind going for Round 5, don't think you guys will like it though.

Racor Game profile

May 28th 2013, 5:49:29

Originally posted by Sov:
According to the pact clauses on what would have been signed there would have been NO entitlement to land:land at all.

"All grabs at the end of week 5 will be retalled 200% land:land and stock, and future earnings will be reimbursed by the offender. "

Sov Game profile

May 28th 2013, 5:53:40

You are forgetting the land-trading clause.

For countries that have participated in land trading or self-farming, land:land will not be accepted for 72 hours, in any circumstances. Only escalating retals will apply.

Sov Game profile

May 28th 2013, 5:56:30

So based on the above clause whichever way you look at it Monsters were not entitled to 200% land:land and CERTAINLY not without FA approval.

Grady Game profile

May 28th 2013, 6:04:15

2013-05-17 00:12 Baby Noah FTW (#131) [SoF] Sodawater (#7) [MONSTERS] PS 5,742A (+2,452A)
2013-05-14 05:30 Sodawater (#7) [MONSTERS] just give me a reason (#185) [EVOosso] PS 4,614A (+2,518A)
2013-05-14 05:08 just give me a reason (#185) [EVOosso] Sodawater (#7) [MONSTERS] PS 5,478A (+1,872A)

"Landtrading is defined by two countries exchanging hits between each other more than once within a 24 hour period."

How was that more than once?

khouyaxz

May 28th 2013, 6:09:58

w00t! round 5! yay!
Cocoy

Flamey Game profile

May 28th 2013, 6:35:05

This is all a moot point, since we are not pacted. I predicted problems would arise a long time ago; we were never on the same page philosophically.

In the end our FDP relationship ended up devolving to the stage where both parties couldn't be bothered signing a uNAP.

It was Monsters who dropped the FDP though. We were always prepared to sign a FDP with the understanding that Monsters would war once in a blue moon and for whatever intervention we would make sure that they were protected. I can only speculate why, but in the end maybe they believed that even that much association with us was too political for them and maybe they just felt more comfortable with MD and the ideology that their PR department come out with.

I think I can sum up our differences in one incident. When SoF hit Evo on day 5, to thwart their week 1 FS againt LaF and allow LaF to destroy SoL in week 2, Monsters told us how unfair and 'SoL-like' we were being; carrying on grudges etc. Little did they know that SoL had Rival and Monsters on their target list that reset and when we CFed them (offering them a years peace), both alliances immediately conspired with MD to control the server. In summary, yes SoF can be ruthless, but we do it to protect ourselves/our interests and our allies, because we know those who act against us are just as cut-throat no matter how they dress it up. In contrast, what are Monsters allies doing now except posting messages of support on AT?

khouyaxz

May 28th 2013, 6:46:04

a post from MD after this = YES to round 5. :)
Cocoy

XiQter MD Game profile

May 28th 2013, 7:57:23

POST!

/me runs

locket Game profile

May 28th 2013, 7:58:48

So why is Sof anti landtrading? It does not give a huge competitive advantage anymore. It allows for better land than all exploring but a good bottomfeeder can beat it probably. A good techer can definitely. Perhaps you could only allow all explores to get land to land with that pact too. Bottomfeeders definitely dont deserve land to land!

Kaloop

May 28th 2013, 10:55:36

Landtrading is being used to loosely...
Someone define 'landtrading'. I'm too drunk..
Hitting a country and them hitting back without being a top feed is fine.. abusing hitting is landtrading. Blah blah blah.. SoF sucks back to my cage before tella hits me again

tellarion Game profile

May 28th 2013, 11:01:37

Hey, I won't hit you for saying what I was thinking too :) I don't see anything wrong with landtrading, especially since it's been nerfed. In the past, landgrabbing led to wars and created animosity. These days, people manufacture their own causes to fight for, and landtrading allows alliances to grab without leading to war, and doesn't create animosity. Both sides benefit, there is still plenty of skill/math involved, and netters get to live peacefully. What's wrong with that?

Spoonman Game profile

May 28th 2013, 12:02:30

SOF is too dumb with math

Kaloop

May 28th 2013, 13:00:02

Landgrabbing.. there it is!!

MauricXe Game profile

May 28th 2013, 13:24:09

u do realize it was a joke...right?

MauricXe Game profile

May 28th 2013, 13:28:03

Originally posted by crest23:
Glad to see one country absolutely damage an entire alliance. I would so love to see the estimates of the loses SoF took for that long ass KR.

damage? nah. entertain...yes.

ninong Game profile

May 28th 2013, 13:42:40

bad sof!
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Over The Hill Game profile

May 28th 2013, 14:03:00

I really have to laugh at all the Sof trolls that think the EE community is gullible enough to think that this KR was all planned to last 7 days and 4300 attacks...not to mention how many thousand destructive spyops that were probably spent especially when other Sof trolls were complaining on how tough Sodawater was to kill because he was online 24/7 and getting unlimited FA blah blah blah.

As an outsider looking in and knowing what a class act the MONSTERS are and what a crap reputation Sof has I would really like to listen to the actual truth of the matter. Someone from MONSTERS need to come online and enlighten us to the truth.

anyhow....congrats to Sodawater for an excellent wallin effort

Is this an EE record for wallin?

justtaint

May 28th 2013, 14:46:38

Originally posted by khouyaxz:
a post from MD after this = YES to round 5. :)

POSTS.

Not running.
SlashMD

Marshal Game profile

May 28th 2013, 19:16:43

Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2013, 20:25:29

There are a lot of posts here about the events surrounding Sodawater (#7) but few even touch on the core issue. So while I would like to avoid a wall of text it's always a bit complex when there's a chain of events. To those possessing at best a sixth grade reading level, your eyes may glaze. Remember to blink, use eye drops if you must.

First I want to thank the gamedevs. I hear the bug that allowed a country to self-delete right after attacking has been found and repaired. I understand it was a particularly difficult solve, many thanks for sticking with it and finding the problem. With it resolved Monsters now are comfortable detailing events pertinent to discussion in this thread.

In reference to the bug: Announcements of Aug 1st 2012
http://forums.earthempires.com/...threadid=19340&page=1
"Self Deletion:
- You must now wait 72 hours after attacking before you are allowed to self-delete your country."

This bug came to light in events of April 30
ref:
http://earthgraphs.com/...aph=alive&tab=history

2013-04-30 22:00 (Rank) 7 Einstein Lebowski (#133) [SoF] 26,414 12,561,589 T Dead A

2013-04-30 21:52 Einstein Lebowski (#133) [SoF] Sodawater (#7) [MONSTERS] PS 4,362A (+2,170A)

2013-04-30 01:51 Einstein Lebowski (#133) [SoF] Little MMJ Shop of Horrors (#602) [MONSTERS] PS 1,139A (+894A)

Here ^ we can see #133 made two grabs within 20 hours then self deleted within 8 minutes of the 2nd hit, making retals on his country impossible.

#133's first grab above was 1/3 of a three-grab play by SoF in which three SoF countries (including the country belonging to a SoF aFA) grabbed three Monsters within eleven minutes which did prompt immediate FA contact. It was then that Monsters found that through an oversight on our part our uNAP with SoF had not been renewed at the beginning of the set. That's 100% on us, our bad.

Terms for a new uNAP pact were set immediately and agreed to by FA representatives of each alliance. With the MD war erupting the aFA from SoF told our FA representative that he was posting internally to SoF members that if anyone grabbed another Monster they would owe 300% L:L. Later, after the war with MD went full-blown, he explained that he didn't mean it, it was just said to discourage SoF members from using turns grabbing instead of attacking MD.
The question arises, then why tell us about 300% L:L in Monsters if it's just meant as a deception to your own members?

Hours later came #133's second grab in 20 hours (this time on Sodawater (#7) and nearly immediate self-delete.

Since that time, #133's alliance has chosen to deny offers of fair compensation and will not take responsibility for their tagged member's unfair (per intended game mechanics) self-deleting top ten member.
We in Monsters do not know if this was an intentional exploitation of a known bug. It was not known to us. We prefer to think the self-delete was not that nefarious.

But SoF has yet to take responsibility for the action.
As if by selective memory, they didn't even want to discuss the deletion in earnest and not at all after #131's topfeed. What they wanted to talk about was a member/members of our alliance dropping defense to allow 19 retals.

The Q still remains; why did #133 self-delete?

It was IMO because after making that second grab, on Sodawater (#7), he was told by someone in a leadership role that he would suffer heavy retals per terms of the pact that was agreed to by both parties during the 20 hours between his first and second grab.
Why else would he delete his top ten country eight minutes after making (what was at the time) the largest grab of the set, other than in a ragequit?

When Sodawater (#7) was later topfed by #131:

2013-05-17 00:12 Baby Noah FTW (#131) [SoF] Sodawater (#7) [MONSTERS] PS 5,742A (+2,452A)

he was still waiting for fair and due compensation and/or offer of recouping land lost to #133 seventeen days prior. So was #602. And in response to #131's topfeed, Sodawater (#7) retaliated per the terms of the uNAP.

Also note that six hours after #131's topfeed SoF posted on AT to take SoF off of war dnh:
Earth / Alliance Talk / You may take Sof of wardnh
iScode May 17th 2013, 6:37:48
Thank you rival for policing for us.

Whether defined in the uNAP (that SoF used semantics to attempt to negate) or not applicable to pact terms, it was after the fifth week of the set, and #131's grab was by SoF's own definition a topfeed.
SoF Retal Policy http://forums.earthempires.com/Forum.php?threadid=21944

#131 RoR'd, and the response by Sodawater (#7) was immediate and actually quite restrained considering all circumastances. And the pact is very specific, no FA contact is required to carry out the retals. Was Sodawater (#7) supposed to wait and chance another self-deletion for which SoF would again refuse to take responsibility? really?

Multiple sources have revealed to us the well known nick of the self-deleter. Apparently in a ragequit, he also has not made an EE forum post since the same day of his self-deletion, April 30th.

Although the events that followed cannot be changed, it just might help to clear this up if the SoF self-deleter had the integrity to tell us why he self-deleted.
If it wasn't due to learning of pact-sanctioned retals he had coming, then what IS the reason for deleting his rank seven country eight minutes after making the biggest grab of the set? And with his alliance about to erupt into war with MD?

This person is most certainly not away from a computer, as he has been seen in #earthempires. To you, owner of Einstein Lebowski (#133), I would ask that you step up and simply tell your story without the SoF spin.
👽

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

May 28th 2013, 20:48:40

Nice post cyref

de1i Game profile

May 28th 2013, 21:17:20

Incoming "well our pact never said we couldn't grab each other, just how to retal if we did."