Verified:

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 19:53:18

whoever thought of this crap? Mehul? let's get rid of that it's too stupid
Do as I say, not as I do.

NukEvil Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 19:55:37

Keeps everyone and their tiny little ally from FAing a country into the top 10.

Oh, wait, no it doesn't.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Marshal Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 20:13:08

lol@nuke

it was mehul's idea originally and it partially does what nuke said.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

mrford Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 20:52:03

im so glad marshal is here to explain all these complicated ideas of his to us.

he is so imformative
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marshal Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 21:34:38

i just answered to syko's question. why it still exists that you need to ask from qz.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 21:45:34

huh? why you need to send FA to a lard ass?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 21:46:17

to keep them from dieing?
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 2nd 2013, 21:55:48

what if I change the wording to "Your citizens threaten to hang you if you send any of what little goods and materials we have to such a large nation. Do you want to continue?"

If you click continue, your country will be deleted and the goods will not be sent (after they hung you, they called the trucks back... actually, no, the truck drivers were in on it.)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Xinhuan Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 22:02:49

You can implement FA restrictions exactly like how humanitarians restrictions are implemented in the last 30 turns of a reset.

May 2nd 2013, 22:15:11

Originally posted by flgatorboy89:
to keep them from dieing?

only need to take turns to keep from dying. which they'd be able to do if they weren't too busy being a lard ass.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 22:21:56

if they arent on, u do what ya can :p
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Schilling Game profile

May 2nd 2013, 22:35:50

"You cannot send aid to countries with 50% more networth than you. You may not send aid to players in vacation mode either. To send foreign aid, it costs 3 turns, and once aid is sent, you cannot send foreign aid to another player for 22 hours. "

A few ideas (I know changes are hard to implement, but here we go):

Expand the mandatory waiting period (x) hours after each aid package sent (similar to stacking DR?).

Add in random "thieving" of FA where when they send the package not all that was sent arrives. This could become more prevalent as more aid packages are sent to the same country (similar to spy ops being reduced in effectiveness).

Add additional turns needed depending on how much aid is sent. Say 1 turn per % point (rounding up). This would also make walling via FA (which has also been complained about) a much more tactical decision.

Scale down from 50% until you can't send aid to anyone larger than you in (at all) the last 72 hours of the set.

Not easy to code, but makes FA chains a bugger to plan out and depend on for a final N/W.

May 2nd 2013, 22:47:54

don't FA chains basically have the same NW until it's time for the beneficiary to dump his stock?

hawkeyee Game profile

May 3rd 2013, 14:21:30

I should be able to send FA to a clan-mate who can't get online during a kill run. At the very least it would slow down the wave while they re-op, determine it's FA etc.

You could make it so that FA restrictions are removed within a certain time frame of a country receiving a special attack. You can also limit FA to turrets and troops when countries are outside this 50% range. But I really think allies should be able to try and save their breakers during a war by FAing military to delay and/or stop a kill run.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Atryn Game profile

May 3rd 2013, 19:13:40

Someone fix this for SoF before they lose the war!!! It's critical!!! Their biggest countries might be killed off and they have very few potential allies to get FA from!!! Its down to skin and bones over there!!!

Oh, and !!!

Fuji Game profile

May 3rd 2013, 19:22:41

Originally posted by Atryn:

Someone fix this for SoF before they lose the war!!! It's critical!!! Their biggest countries might be killed off and they have very few potential allies to get FA from!!! Its down to skin and bones over there!!!

Oh, and !!!

*slap*

<3

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 3rd 2013, 20:02:28

Cannot send FA (ally is too large)

That is what she said!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

May 4th 2013, 10:53:41

i qualify it as a wasted effort to send FA to a country that is about to die because they won't logon. might be a glowing tribute to encourage people to be lard asses.

Schilling Game profile

May 5th 2013, 6:11:34

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
don't FA chains basically have the same NW until it's time for the beneficiary to dump his stock?

I think that's the idea. But if the country is out of range after one FA package it makes that particular strategy useless.

May 5th 2013, 10:41:06

yes, but that would be why they don't send things that change NW significantly.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 5th 2013, 19:46:51

This could also be a game changer in war...especially for smaller tags that get beat down by larger ones..it might help the put up a better fight. I don't know..but last time I checked Mehul is no longer around. Maybe we could change this to see if it makes the game a little more exciting!

I call for a server vote!

Marshal Game profile

May 5th 2013, 20:10:56

how faing big countries would help small tags or any sized tags?

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 5th 2013, 20:31:46

it throws off the pop kills even if it doesnt DH it can prolong the amount of hits it takes to kill..someone will be along to confirm that..(hopefully)

Marshal Game profile

May 5th 2013, 20:59:46

i've lately seen civs killed going upwards and at that time target wasn't online not got fa (break stayed same) so .......

Schilling Game profile

May 5th 2013, 21:37:21

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
it throws off the pop kills even if it doesnt DH it can prolong the amount of hits it takes to kill..someone will be along to confirm that..(hopefully)

Confirmed. I'm not sure of the exact math involved, but a well timed FA package can add a good number of hits (more than 150 in some cases), especially if you get involved mid rush and cause a bunch of DH's.

We experimented a little bit and found it's best to send it when target is between 1800 - 2400C. Not sure if that's right on, but it seemed to be the "sweet spot."

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 6th 2013, 17:07:42

I knew it! Now Vote VOTE VOTE!

Bikerman Game profile

May 7th 2013, 10:15:29

Oh, and !!!

Syko_Killa is not in SoF.... noob

Bikerman Game profile

May 7th 2013, 10:28:38

Some percentage of the FA package should he stolen by terrorists, corrupt politicians, girl scouts or dictators and be redirected to random countries - just to reflect the real world

Schilling Game profile

May 8th 2013, 1:17:42

Have an FA auction. All FA going to larger country has a chance to be purchased by another country for up to 1 hour...

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 8th 2013, 5:21:27

Originally posted by Bikerman:

Oh, and !!!

I've been playing RD this set!!!! hahahaha you freiken noobs..lololololololol

h2orich Game profile

May 8th 2013, 8:54:00

If anyone played Utopia before, there's a trade balance thing where if people sent you aid when you have a negative trade balance, you only get a certain percentage of the aid package.

stupidasamofo Game profile

May 13th 2013, 1:12:34

Im with i play utopia and i was reading the above threads i was about to post the same thing so i reckon h2orich got it on the nail there and Schilling had some great ideas, but like he said a fluff to implement :)

Atryn Game profile

May 13th 2013, 13:01:26

Oh, and !!!

When did I ever say you were? My post was about SoF (the war I'm involved in). It isn't all about you.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 13th 2013, 16:40:57

Oh, and !!!

When did I ever say you were? My post was about SoF (the war I'm involved in). It isn't all about you.

uhhh yeah sure!