Verified:

Donny Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 23:34:04

what can we do to stimulate growth? in FFA that is.. dirty minds you..
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 18th 2013, 23:48:22

Tax breaks.

Donny Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 0:44:10

we should promote it on the front page of google.com!
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 2:42:35

qz and pang should already be doing that sort of stuff

but, yeah, take the cry babying aspect out of this game and the hatred that some players show towards the EE community and im sure more new people would be willing to stay, but when and if they do come to the boards, you see people going off for dumb ass reasons. crying about this, crying about that, begging the staff to modify the game to the way they want it to be played and yada yada yada(seinfeld)

people using this "tier" system which is okay, but then as a new player you see this and are probaly like okay, this is a who's who atmosphere.

I know that if i had not already played this game back in mehul's era that i would not play it in todays state.

the help forums where people upload there status always has new people using it with no one helping them. im guilty of not helping but i dont always check those, there should be a set of people who help the new people who come into this game. as much time as some people spend refreshing pages here it would give some of them soemthing to do
The Death Knights

XI

mdevol Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 5:09:43

spend more, and close the deficit by increasing revenue on the backs of those that can afford it.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

pollex

Apr 19th 2013, 8:54:22

fewer tags, 8 main clans. no land grabing :)

FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 10:42:34

how about no inter-alliance land trading instead, im sure it could be coded
The Death Knights

XI

ZIP Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 15:34:15

why is everyone against landrading ? let them fatten up you fools and stick to 1:1
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 19th 2013, 15:56:05

Originally posted by ZIP:
why is everyone against landrading ? let them fatten up you fools and stick to 1:1

This^

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2013, 18:22:55

Originally posted by pollex:
fewer tags, 8 main clans. no land grabing :)

Says the guy who is butt hurt because he can't defend his land properly.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Twain Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 20:10:31

I see very little of the in-game or on-board stuff having a great effect.

While there are exceptions, the FFA community is probably more willing to give new players a chance to thrive on their own than the other servers. As others have said, if you tag up in a clan, even a solo clan, and announce your presence, you'll be given a certain level of respect. Successfully retal a few hits and you'll probably be left alone almost completely (especially once the grabbing war clans like NBK and IMP find targets).

In addition, any negative banter on these boards is no worse than what is on forums on virtually any other game I've seen, so if you turn people off with that, they're the type of people who would've been turned off by such talk with ANY game.

Lastly, in-game policies aren't driving people towards or away from the game. I know Dragon had his fit last set about NBK attacking, and ESD players are mostly off this server right now, but for the most part, war clans declaring on netting clans on this server doesn't happen often enough to truly be driving people away. Sure, if NBK declares on PAN for every set from here moving forward, they'll probably basically kill our clan and drive people away, but NBK declaring on us once every two years isn't driving people away. Neither is land-trading. People don't run away from this server because land-trading occurs. Besides, as ZIP pointed out and Primeval agreed with, our land-trading and 1:1 atmosphere actually ends up benefiting the other players as well for getting to their land goals.

The problem with this game is pretty well summed up by what bstrong said: it's not a game that will draw people in that aren't already interested in the game. I don't know how far back this game goes, but I know I first stumbled across it and starting making noobish rainbow countries back as a high schooler, so probably around 97-98. Back then, this was about as good as it got for internet gaming. Current internet games have much better graphics than even the best CONSOLE systems had in 1998.

I'm sure marketing could help, but I think unless the current admins wanted to try to create some type of cheesy graphic interface for playing the game, I'm not sure how we drastically increase membership other than through word-of-mouth.

WE are the best marketers for this game because we're the ones who can tell people why it's fun and why we keep playing a text-based game. Outside that, it's a game that's likely to continue to decline unless some major overhaul happens that would have equal chances of saving the game (by bringing in new people) and destroying the game (by driving away all the current players).

Having said that, I laughed when I read Primeval's response of "tax breaks."

kemo Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 22:20:01

a ffa calender? i got dibs on july. got a great speedo i wanna test out
all praised to ra

Twain Game profile

Apr 20th 2013, 0:44:48

Originally posted by kemo:
a ffa calender? i got dibs on july. got a great speedo i wanna test out

STOP TRYING TO DESTROY OUR GAME