Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2013, 19:00:59

If someone hits you once, and you haven't hit them at all, they should be treated as having 0 DR when you hit them. That's it, that's the full suggestion.

This should be very easy to put in - and would actually work on any server, but only really be important on Express. Whether you have hit a person/whether they have hit you is tracked already, it comes into play when trying to hit in the last 8 hours if in GDI. So those trackers wouldn't even have to be added. Just one line, a quick check when you attack, before applying the DR, is all that would be needed.

This would fix the problem of being hit by someone in 50 DR for 1500 acres, and being unable to get any land back. If they ROR you, then you'd have options to AB, missile, etc.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 14th 2013, 19:23:04

Feb 5th 2012, 23:57:22
CHANGE #4: If in the past 24 hours a country has landgrabbed you and you have not landgrabbed them since, your first retal will ignore DR rules.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2013, 19:27:44

Oh, I remember that, that was part of the package of proposals unveiled over a year ago. Anyway, yes, that!
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 20:12:44

Yeah, I still refuse to play Express until the proposed changes go in.

braden Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 21:18:03

why was that never implemented, slag?

h2orich Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 21:37:24

Next problem.

If a country LGs you, your 1st retal ignore DR rules. Then the country goes into DR, and he RoRs you. What happens next?

braden Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 21:40:18

ok, your OWN dr gets put against anybody you attack.

if you're in fifteen dr and you attack a country with zero dr, your attack results are that of fifteen dr

you shouldn't be grabbing while in dr, anyways, presumably your country should be being rebuilt from the ass kicking it would have just taken?

blid

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2013, 21:51:34

Originally posted by h2orich:
Next problem.

If a country LGs you, your 1st retal ignore DR rules. Then the country goes into DR, and he RoRs you. What happens next?
Now he broke GDI and you can nuke him 20 times and AB him 200 times and make him suffer. Still sucks for you but it's not profitable for the other country to ROR, so it's less likely to happen, and you can get revenge if it does.

h2orich Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 23:46:09

Originally posted by blid:
Next problem.

Now he broke GDI and you can nuke him 20 times and AB him 200 times and make him suffer. Still sucks for you but it's not profitable for the other country to ROR, so it's less likely to happen, and you can get revenge if it does.

Yes, you can nuke him 20 times and AB him 200 times, but your land is still lost. It doesnt solve the current problem fully.

h2orich Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 23:47:31

Originally posted by braden:
ok, your OWN dr gets put against anybody you attack.

if you're in fifteen dr and you attack a country with zero dr, your attack results are that of fifteen dr

you shouldn't be grabbing while in dr, anyways, presumably your country should be being rebuilt from the ass kicking it would have just taken?

I dont think that is a good idea. Some idiot GSes you 10 times, and for 24 hours you're gonna get crappy returns?

blid

EE Patron

Apr 15th 2013, 0:00:58

Originally posted by blid:
Next problem.

Yes, you can nuke him 20 times and AB him 200 times, but your land is still lost. It doesnt solve the current problem fully.
Solves it enough. Say someone RORs and isn't in DR. You still lose your land unless you hit back *and risk war and give first strike away*. It's not a big difference. This change would be a huge improvement & fix.

braden Game profile

Apr 15th 2013, 0:57:42

yes, i wasn't entirely serious in my suggestion there, rich :P

i would take a large step in the right direction, over doing absolutely nothing. it might not be perfect, but math rarely is.

wait, what? :P