Verified:

marx12 Game profile

Apr 12th 2013, 15:11:04

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 12th 2013, 15:15:28

find a better source for apocalypse news. try reading some of Nostradamus's cocaine induced writings.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Apr 12th 2013, 15:23:45

the Soviets wouldn't happens to be making their armored vehicles out of wood these days, now, would they be?

Sublime Game profile

Apr 13th 2013, 14:33:23

In soviet Russia....wood car makes you!!!!

Dissidenticn

Apr 13th 2013, 16:08:45

bonus

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2013, 7:24:51

It really is getting to be time to quit flufffooting around with North Korea. If this upstart tin-horn dictator wants to spew hate and invective at us, we should just act like we are believing it and park a couple of carrier strike forces off their shores.

With the Aegis Cruisers and Destroyers, the ability of North Korea to successfully launch anything would evaporate. Everyone worries about China becoming involved, and that is a concern, however, I believe that China will recognize the absurdity of the situation and make a serious effort to muzzle their pup.

If North Korea does in fact launch a nuclear armed missile at anyone, the only option for the U.S., Japan, and South Korea would be total eradication of the regime in Pyongyang.

I would also include the option of using nuclear armed cruise missiles launched from a U.S. SSGN in the pacific with little or no warning. They can't have that many nuclear sites that would have to be taken out, certainly not as many as the U.S. has nuclear armed cruise missiles that can reach their targets in less than 30 minutes.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

zygotic Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 7:27:07

I like a song called def con one :)

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2013, 12:53:10

the problem is that you cannot tell whether you're looking at nuclear-armed missile until it hits (or is close to hitting)
during the -say- 30mins of the arrival of Tomahawks / JDAM etc etc etc ... (totally ignoring chemical-armed Scuds, soviet-era multiple-launch missile batteries) the 8-12k artillery pieces within range of Seoul will have been pumping out 4 rounds of high explosive or chemical munitions directly into downtown Seoul

its not that nuclear weapons will be used - they will most likely be intercepted *IF* they're on a missile (and not loaded on an electric sub and motored into Tokyo Bay, or ... wherever they decide to send the fleet of subs one-way) ... its that the South Korean capital is being held by the balls using a rusty 1950s-era knife - what would be the effect of say 600000 high explosive/chemical rounds on say Chicago or NYC ... THATS the down-side to going to war with North Korea as opposed to trying to work out the entire clusterfluff mess with their leadership

radiation distributed by fallout throughout the region from NK nuclear facilities/cities/leadership facilities being bombed would piss off China, Russia, South Korea, Japan because its THEY that have to deal with it for decades to come

don't misread it that i am either for or against, -should- it happen, the damage NOT caused by the issue in hand (nukes) would be massive

http://www.businessinsider.com/...in-korea-wants-war-2013-4

http://www.iiss.org/...tary-balance-on-the-kore/

=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 13:13:33

if NK nukes me, I promise if it's possible, i'm going to come back as a hell spawn!
Do as I say, not as I do.

Apr 14th 2013, 13:37:13

hmmm, i could use a demon to wash my windows, vacuum my carpet, and do other assorted light household chores.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2013, 16:33:28

The North Koreans will certainly pollute the area with their nukes right? What difference does it make who does the contamination? Either way it's going to be contaminated.

The proper way to deal with a madman is to lock him down. If they Chinese don't want to restrain the creature of their creation, well, then we must do it for them and ourselves and our allies. Take the little freak out of the game completely. Send over a CIA liquidation squad and just kill the sucker. Then we get to see what the rest of the North Korean leadership is like.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Sublime Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 17:12:10

Cerberus.....CIA squads are so 1980....we use drones now :-)

Apr 14th 2013, 17:18:43

drop a laser-guided dime on him from the international space station.