Verified:

grantman77 Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 20:31:32

I would really like to see a server similar to the primary server except that the game is "open" for one month-after one month now new countries can be created. The game continues for either an additional 45 days-or until there is only one country left-whichever comes first. At the end of the 45 days/last man standing the winner's name is displayed for 24 hours to give the rest of us a chance to see who won. Anybody else like this idea?

Frodo Game profile

Apr 8th 2013, 21:39:33

Maybe it it was a longer version of Express. If it was like 2 weeks long but had the new turn rate of the express server that would be more interesting to me than the month long set. But probably only those who were online 24-7 would win since you would need to be walling constantly.
You might have a problem with friends fighting together...

Forgotten

Apr 8th 2013, 21:41:32

Originally posted by Forgotten:
If War is what you want, then stop the math.

KING OF THE HILL SERVER. SERVER DOES NOT END UNTIL ONLY ONE COUNTRY IS LEFT ALIVE. NO RESTARTS. NO ALLIES. NO VACATION.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...z=team-server-replacement
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 9th 2013, 0:00:09

It *would* be kindof cool....
Finally did the signature thing.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 9th 2013, 0:00:32

you'd have to have like... 100 turn / 48 hour protection

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 9th 2013, 0:00:40

and no humanitarians...

or something

h2orich Game profile

Apr 9th 2013, 2:33:58

And maybe Max turns 500(500) because it takes over 400 turns to kill someone.

ZIP Game profile

Apr 9th 2013, 3:41:44

I can set this up in FFa - you get to use 16 countries so if we had say 10 people it would be a 160 country field.
30 day to get set, 30 days till end set - if no clear cut winner then tnw wins.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Forgotten

Apr 9th 2013, 3:44:14

That's not the point.

The point is to have a server which doesn't end until one man is left.

There can be various instances of the server, when 50% of the population dies, then a new one will be made.

OR even a Team based, 10 country team. last team wins.

OR even an alliance based? lol
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

ZIP Game profile

Apr 9th 2013, 3:50:53

we can fluff i none hand and hope in the other - or something like that lol

i am saying we can do something like that now.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Forgotten

Apr 9th 2013, 4:24:07

Originally posted by ZIP:
we can fluff i none hand and hope in the other - or something like that lol

i am saying we can do something like that now.

what?
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

grantman77 Game profile

Apr 10th 2013, 11:45:57

Yes NO humanitarians-but you would need a 100 or 150 turn protection to start off with. and NO vacations.

grantman77 Game profile

Apr 10th 2013, 11:58:18

One other thing with this server-if created-I think it should have the full range of alliance options that the primary server has and also have the ability to send foreign aid. While it is true that eventually all alliances would break down-last man standing-alliances would be a necessary evil in the beginning stages. Thoughts?

grantman77 Game profile

Apr 10th 2013, 12:01:48

Oh-and again I think it is very important to have a cut-off date where people can no longer create a new country so that the game will have to end at some point as there are less and less countries.

grantman77 Game profile

Apr 11th 2013, 13:31:05

to the admin. if this version of the game is created will you post in here and say where to go sign up so i can play?

Forgotten

Apr 11th 2013, 18:20:40

You could also limit growth by having a SERVER LAND LIMIT.

Maybe 10k acres per country alive, if reached, you cannot explore anymore, but you keep the acres you already own even limit lowers.

yes, that means ghost acres becomes 0 if land limit is reached.

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

blid

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2013, 18:33:13

The winner should be the last person standing but 2nd place, 3rd place, etc. should be decided based on score/fame/whatever, for the damage they dealt while alive. You could replace the team server.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 11th 2013, 18:41:29

I think the team server can be fixed and have a place as a respected netting server and be differentiated from alliance. I suggested it a long time ago on bugs and suggestions and then again on the team server forum. But I don't know if anyone is paying attention though. I'm still hopeful that some changes will be made to team to make it worth playing.

http://forums.earthempires.com/...7377415&z=team-market

http://forums.earthempires.com/...ggestions-for-fixing-team

grantman77 Game profile

Apr 13th 2013, 1:29:32

I need to clear up something I said earlier because there was a typo. After one month "no" new countries can be created/no new people can join the game. This will force the game to end as countries are defeated and no new ones rise to take their place. If not a month-perhaps 2 weeks. What say you Earth Empire masters? Can you make this happen for us blood-thirsty folks desperate to put our skills to the test and find out who the best man is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAj0JLPAspA

BigBen Game profile

Apr 14th 2013, 11:17:48

It would take FOREVER in a solo server to kill off the other countries. Would end up being teams of guys working together.

The solution to that would be to make it a war based team/alliance server.

Put a cap on max members per alliance (say 20-25)
Have a sign up period of like 1 week (no playing/turns)
Tag into the alliance during sign up
End of sign up period the server starts
Turns are semi-fast, like 1 per 10 min?
Extended beginner protection, say 200-300 turns?
When countries die they can't restart
Server continues until there is 1 alliance is left

Would be a pure war based server but would also force some decent diplomacy and pacting to avoid gangbangs. Could be a lot of interesting alliances and backstabbing going on.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2013, 14:06:46

It's not that hard to do on a solo server BigBen, if you can hold 500 turns. In Express where you can have 360 turns you can do it, though it takes usually more like 400-500 turns.

Problem with this I think isn't how hard it would be to kill someone (if we assume you can hold 500 turns), it would be how much you're benefited by camping. Because the new special attack formulas make it so if you're logged in you can block KRs pretty automatically.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

grantman77 Game profile

Apr 17th 2013, 11:40:15

Well remember my idea was to have a last man standing with similar rules to the Primary Server. In primary server there are no alliances-just the 2 defensive allies, 3 offensive allies, research and trade allies. It is very limited already.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Apr 18th 2013, 21:09:00

Originally posted by BigBen:
It would take FOREVER in a solo server to kill off the other countries. Would end up being teams of guys working together.

Would be a pure war based server but would also force some decent diplomacy and pacting to avoid gangbangs. Could be a lot of interesting alliances and backstabbing going on.

+1
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Devestation Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 6:13:01

This'd be a lot of fun.

grantman77 Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 16:26:20

Actually It doesn't take forever. I'm in the primary game now and there are SEVERAL countries already dead. My original request was for a game with pretty much the same rules as the primary server with the following exceptions:
1. Game doesn't end until there is one country left (or two and a half months total if it does drag on).
2. NO new countries can be formed after 1 month (actually I think 1 week is sufficient).
3. NO GDI, HUMANITARIANS, etc to block attacking. You get the first 100 turns protected and after that ANYBODY can attack ANYBODY.
All the other rules for the primary server would still be in effect such as: only one country per player, etc. Please ADMINs if your reading this please create such a server and call it the "primary last man standing" or something similar. I'm ready to sign up as soon as I see it :D
Originally posted by BigBen:

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2013, 16:32:22

Originally posted by grantman77:
Actually It doesn't take forever. I'm in the primary game now and there are SEVERAL countries already dead.
they self-deleted or get deleted for rules violation. no one gets killed in Primary

grantman77 Game profile

Apr 20th 2013, 21:06:07

I've been killed in primary. and I've killed others as well-easiest way to kill is to do guerilla attacks and kill all of their population-or use spy ops to do the same.

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by grantman77:
Actually It doesn't take forever. I'm in the primary game now and there are SEVERAL countries already dead.
they self-deleted or get deleted for rules violation. no one gets killed in Primary