Verified:

Trife Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 20:57:37

The Americans won not because of great strategery and overwhelming firepower, but moreso because the Brittish are a bunch of tea-drinking ninnies.

Canada tried to help the Limeys but it didn't work, and that is one reason why the United States still doesn't much care for Canada.

tl;dr - America is STILL number 1 and the rest of the world wished they were us.

Discuss.

braden Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 21:06:16

i'm looking forward to the american civil war thread- finally i'd be able to flaunt my knowledge of the antebellum south (oh, and my adoration therefor)

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Apr 2nd 2013, 21:08:17

you mean the War of Northern Aggression, braden? :P

Cougar Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 21:08:37

braden Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 21:09:37

oh, you'd better believe i do. i appreciate the correction :P

Atryn Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 21:58:29

Anyone claiming that America won the Civil War doesn't know their history. ;)

locket Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 22:00:24

The USA lost the civil war!

Vic Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 22:12:21

if i'm to be frank, the american's won that war thanks to France.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 22:15:14

the French weren't just cherry picking?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

mrford Game profile

Apr 2nd 2013, 23:55:51

america won the war a little bit faster because of the french.

america won the war because of their resolve and the daunting logistics facing the british.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Apr 3rd 2013, 0:25:22

America won because the England got tired of fighting.

Washington won only 3 out of 9 wars. It was more about surviving to fight another day then actually winning. The war became to costly for England to keep fighting. Then when France came into the war it was on two fronts. Fighting stopped in America 2 years prior to the treaty signed in Paris.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Unsympathetic Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 14:35:07

You'll get your wish - Today, North Carolina is trying to secede again. Perhaps because they were the last state to join the Confederacy, they feel ashamed and want a do-over?

Oh, wait, sorry, all they want to do is declare a religion despite the constitution clearly declaring that states can't do that. But, hey, that's what happens when idiots elect fascists and ninnies with no comprehension of law!

Makolyte Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 14:42:12

Mel Gibson kicked their freaking asses
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

K_L Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 14:43:44

The south shall rise again!

braden Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 21:40:43

" But, hey, that's what happens when idiots elect fascists and ninnies with no comprehension of law! "

like lincoln and his raping of the tenth amendment?

Flamey Game profile

Apr 3rd 2013, 21:52:51

The Rebel Americans defeated the British-backed Americans, primarily because of logistics and the never-ending wilderness they could retreat into.

I'd strongly argue that the patriotic armies of the Dutch, which tried to overthrow the monarchy, had no less resolve than the rebel-Americans. Their downfall was that the weak Dutch King had a bullish Prussian wife, who was sister of Frederick of Prussia. It didn't matter how much resolve the revolutionaries had... when their country was under 40 000km^2, and faced a neighbour which had one of the most-impressive armies in the world; the only place you can retreat to is the sea.

K_L Game profile

Apr 4th 2013, 14:23:51

In Soviet Russia the Rebels win the war.

Trife Game profile

Apr 4th 2013, 14:25:10

In Soviet Russia the winter wins the war.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 4th 2013, 20:14:16

Originally posted by K_L:
The south shall rise again!

I've heard this before, and I've even seen it. fluff does float. Especially if you don't fart first.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Twain Game profile

Apr 4th 2013, 22:01:45

'Murica!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 5th 2013, 20:58:22

Well yes/no. I would argue that it wasn't so simple.
The "winners" kept the original 13 colonies
the "losers" went on to become "Upper Canada" (no you shut up).

The rebels were only partly successful as they could not convince the french in Quebec to join them in any meaningful way and were unable to capture and hold Montreal.

The British had larger problems (mainly the French and Napoleon who was fluff kicking their allies) to deal with. By the time the British could afford to turn their attention seriously to North America they weren't really interested in war.
As an aside, following the "settling of accounts" in 1818 the British went on to become the most powerful nation on earth, arguably until the end of the first world war which shows that it wasn't that big of a deal for them to abandon those colonies in the intermediate term.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 5th 2013, 21:51:43

The British went on to become the most powerful empire on Earth because of the Royal Navy. Never fool yourself about the real power of Sea Power. This is precisely why the U.S. is number 1 right now, the U.S. Navy, which is larger and more powerful than the next 16 Navies combined.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Flamey Game profile

Apr 7th 2013, 7:53:19

You can't build ships without money; but you make and control income with the help of ships. )