Verified:

DFA Game profile

Mar 29th 2013, 22:22:47

Ok, so retal window is 12hrs in express now.

Nice to know.

Discuss

Kingme Game profile

Mar 29th 2013, 22:28:25

24 Hour Retal Window (#3)

blid

EE Patron

Mar 29th 2013, 22:31:21

Haha anyone enforcing a 12hr window deserves to get their butt kicked :)
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 29th 2013, 22:36:31

24 hour is pretty fair, I only don't like it when someone using 100% of their turns hits me with 360 turns banked or something and then gets mad when the retal takes 28 hours - I could've made that retal in 28 minutes but didn't want to blow through 360 turns to do it. But I will try to get my retals in under a reasonable amount of time.

I have another pet peeve also, it's guys that run 0 or near 0 defense and then try to claim their "retals" later. AzN got me with that once, I hit his no def country, then he net matched and "retaled" with a tyrant country and I lost over 1k land. I let it go because it was such a great round and I still had a shot at winning (and I did win), but if you're not bothering to defend yourself I don't get what you're retaliating FOR. It's like really, you got a problem with me hitting you? Then why'd you have 0 defense or 5k turrets or whatever?
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

braden Game profile

Mar 29th 2013, 22:53:42

because i am happy to trade a hundred acres now for a thousand acres later?

or because i'm not a commie, but a casher or farmer sitting on 1800 acres and an eighth your nw- why are you hitting me to begin with?

smlandau84 Game profile

Mar 29th 2013, 22:54:55

There is no retal window. Don't grab if you dont want people to make you their fluff later

Kingme Game profile

Mar 29th 2013, 23:01:41

I'm hitting you because you have no defense.

Vic Game profile

Mar 29th 2013, 23:03:48

while i can see how some say 24 hours is fair... it is express server, so unfortunately if you decide to hit a target who has full turns and is able to retal in over 24 hours - sucks for you.

it's pretty simple.

Kingme Game profile

Mar 29th 2013, 23:07:10

Almost anybody who wants to sacrifice a good finish can play through 360 turns (or more),and 100% jets production into jets.

Right Vic?

braden Game profile

Mar 29th 2013, 23:07:59

but my having no defense isn't indicative of me not having offense later. or of my desire to retaliate. so you'd have nobody but yourself to blame.

Kingme Game profile

Mar 29th 2013, 23:10:54

All valid points...

You must be smoking. :P

Vic Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 1:36:44

lol, yes he's smoking kingme.

and tbh kingme you are speaking about a commie who has full turns - precisely the person i wouldn't hit. i do see where you are coming from but having been on both sides of this equation, i have to say - any retal is fair game on this server.

if we start with the 24 hour deal, what's next, land : land?
i got retailed by someone this set (within 24 hours) and the guy took much much more land than i did from him.

should i RoR him? absolutely not. it was a good retal

Kingme Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 1:41:14

I use my names as a scare tactic more than a policy change :P

Obviously I agree with you in some aspects, I didn't RoR either.

DFA Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 7:43:19

I like all of the above, as I retalled within 23 hours, he 2:1 retalled me and messaged I only accept 12 hrs for retals... well I didnt, he then tried to hit more, so I've GS'd him, really wanted to try and make commy work this set, he ruined it :(

Not whining, just didnt realise there was a rule in express of 12 hour retals ;)

I personally thought 48 hours for hits on me was good enough, but that caused me trouble a couple of sets back with Im a Ghost Ghost Ghost (dont know who runs the countries), so I just stick to, I hit you whenever, you can retal whenever its all good game.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 30th 2013, 9:12:19

i dont understand why you'd resort to GS... unless he had quite a few bushels on hand or you actually had enough turns to kill them.

Otherwise, br or ab are best. CS destruction!!

Also, if u have an average joe amount of warfare tech, people think twice about RoR's in express.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

DFA Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 12:42:27

because he had 0 Troops and a few hundred thousand tanks and more turrets ;)

He had 0 on the market and it will cost him pretty much all he has for 1 turn now, hoping that will send the message ;)

Crowgora Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 14:02:57

i think there should be no retal window lol
that seems rather dumb.
i enforce a retal of whenever i want window.
if i cant attack you now, why would i waste turns and junk to not be able to retal. so, ill strike whenever i want. because this is the wild west.

AzNiZe Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 14:12:33

so #70 is you blid?

AzNiZe Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 14:25:23

i think it's pretty easy to identify who can or cannot retal later on. Just dont hit a properly built country with full turns on hand.

PowerOfLight Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 17:42:06

better yet don't hit period if you don't want to be retalled. The length of reset is my retal window.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2013, 18:03:41

Originally posted by braden:
but my having no defense isn't indicative of me not having offense later. or of my desire to retaliate. so you'd have nobody but yourself to blame.
it's indicative of a lack of desire to protect yourself. you are "retaliating" for something you basically acquiesced to in the first place. in fact when i see a zero defense country i usually think they are happy to be attacked because they are trying to use DR. so if they snake me with a "retal" obviously i feel like theyre trying to pull something over on me.

braden, i havent known you to run 0 defense countries though, do you? cuz thats what im talking about here, countries that are TRYING to get attacked who then turn around say "gotcha." not countries i can break, or countries with not enough defense, but countries that actually run no defense, or something meaningless like 5k turrets.

ebert00 Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 18:22:17

I like the 24 hour rule. But it is annoying to grab 300 acres and lose 1000 24 hours later

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 30th 2013, 19:05:10

... 'rule' ... there is no 24 hour 'rule'
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

braden Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 19:59:58

no, blid, i don't sell my one hundred troops i'm given to start the reset- i am never on zero defense ;)

i realize that isn't what you mean, but i will trade twenty four hours of seven dr for seven grabs between 50 and 100 acres- and you likely consider 7000 troops and 52k turrets on 1800/3600 acres no defense?

i can not possibly in my life defend nt 1800/3600 acres against your early game commie. i simply can not.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2013, 20:08:37

In the solo servers, there are no "rules" for retals, like there are in the alliance game even though they are informal.

The players in the solo servers should not attempt to bring alliance game style rules to these servers as they are completely unenforceable without resorting to cheating as the game mods define it.

Thus, if it takes the guy a week to try to mount a retal, I'm OK with that. If he attempts or succeeds in nuking me, I'm likely going to disarm his missiles and hit him again.

Otherwise, I only landgrab from the fattest target in my scores list and by all that's holy, you SHOULD be able to do the retal on your own, if you can't, then you should just move on and leave it be, I only hit you once. I didn't farm you, although in all likelihood, I could have.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Denning Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 20:09:35

+1 Zarcon

blid

EE Patron

Mar 30th 2013, 20:11:02

Dude the "There's no rules" thing is so tired and stupid. Of course we all know there aren't official rules, but players can still play by their own policies if they choose to, they can hit again if they don't like your retal, etc., and that's what people are talking about when they have these discussions.

smlandau84 Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 20:21:42

blid i heard you're dead?

AzNiZe Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 20:50:17

Blid won from the start. We warred to defend our policy. Funny I was talking to him on forum while running gs. Didn't know it was blid

Crowgora Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 21:55:59

Blid, my retal is 50-1 and spread out over a few days. Thats my rule.

Now that we established unwritten rules are stupid, just retal when you want guys. I especially hate when someone messages me saying retal. If im retaled and a message isnt sent im 90% more likely to leave it be

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 30th 2013, 22:49:26

what's to retal? last i checked they got more ghost acres than my acres. the ghost should just haunt them the rest of the set if it's upset.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 31st 2013, 1:16:05

Originally posted by smlandau84:
blid i heard you're dead?
He told me he lost the war and was done so I quit logging in, lol. No hard feelings though, my round didn't matter by that point

eluttre Game profile

Apr 6th 2013, 14:25:47

True