Verified:

Makolyte Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 14:53:50

What is the replenishment rate for units on the private market?

I thought it was:
Troops = Acres * 3 per turn
Jets/Turs = Acres * 2.5 per turn
Tanks = Acres per turn

Is this correct?
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 16:03:15

Yes, it is correct, other than that you also need to multiply by any PM bonus % you have invested in as well.

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 17:15:40

That's on a cleared out market only. With goods in your market it reduces the replenish rate.

/For anybody reading that is unfamiliar with reselling/destocking.

The EEVIL Empire

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 18:46:52

Goods in your market doesn't reduce the replenishment rate, Serp. That's a common misconception.

Instead, existing goods in your PM decays at 1.5% per turn, so it APPEARS as though replenishment is reduced.

Note that full replenishment is only added, AFTER all decay has been deducted for the amount of turns since you last logged in. That is, if you logged out for N turns, then

Units at login = (Units at logout)*(0.985^N) + (PM regen)*N

where (PM regen) is equal to the amounts outlined in Makolyte's first post (which forgot the PM bonus).

If you logout with 0 units, then obviously nothing decays. There is no limit to the amount of units you can have in your PM, if you logout for 3 weeks, you will have 3 weeks of PM regen at login (which decays away really fast every turn thereafter).

If you really do logout for 3 weeks though, your initial units at logout would have decayed to almost nothing, but you still gain full replenishment over the period logged out. That is why players doing PM jumps are asked to buyout their PM every time they login (and logout).

Edited By: Xinhuan on Mar 10th 2013, 19:00:37
See Original Post

Makolyte Game profile

Mar 10th 2013, 22:06:14

That make sense, thanks!
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 11th 2013, 4:57:52

Lol yeah I know the formula. Took me a few tries to figure that one out on the old earth.

What does it matter if the formula is explained as a reduction in the regen or a decay multiplied into the regen formula. The amount of replenish is all one formula and the amount you get is reduced after that formula is calculated. Same thing just easier to explain to someone learning.
The EEVIL Empire

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 11th 2013, 16:49:20

It's really different though, and not explaining it properly just causes more future confusion.

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 12th 2013, 18:19:12

A reduction due to penalty, or decay, or usage is still a reduction.
The EEVIL Empire

ht86 Game profile

Mar 17th 2013, 14:45:35

Thanks.

Wanhoop Game profile

Nov 20th 2014, 23:13:18

is this per turn gained, or per turn spend?

silly question :) sozzz

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 20th 2014, 23:53:04

Its really based on time, not on turns. Six bonus turns have no effect on the formula. The formula is applied to your PM every time a regular turn is given to you, for example very 20 minutes in Alliance. It still applies even if you have maxed turns, but pass the time when a turn would be awarded. Turns spent have no effect.

Wanhoop Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 20:46:44

so a reseller doesn't need to spend that much turns? only to attack/explore and build and resell.

right?

Marshal Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 21:28:05

if full set reseller then explore, build and sell, if late game then only selling and build up if has mil bases and enuf land (expenses (building cost, military upkeep, etc) are so high that attacking ain't worth of it).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

chem20 Game profile

Nov 26th 2014, 0:12:21

k