Verified:

Devestation Game profile

Mar 5th 2013, 1:01:05

http://www.abc.net.au/...s-to-tone-it-down/4552876

The United States has called on United Nations diplomats to tone down their drunken behaviour during annual budget negotiations in New York.

Talks on the UN's spending have become increasingly tense over the past few weeks as Western nations call for budget cuts.

US officials say the negotiations often go into the early hours of the morning, and some diplomats become intoxicated and disruptive.

American delegates have called for more discipline to ensure the negotiations conclude before the Easter holidays.

"We make the modest proposal that the negotiating rooms should in future be an inebriation-free zone," Joseph Torsella, deputy US ambassador for management and reform, told the UN General Assembly's budget committee.

The assembly's budget body holds marathon negotiations in December each year on spending and national contributions.

These often last all night for several days in a row so that a vote can be held before the end-of-year holidays.

The United States is not calling for a ban on alcohol, just on drunken behaviour, US officials said.

Some envoys have turned up for talks "falling down drunk," one diplomat said.

"On one occasion the note-taker who was meant to be recording the talks was so intoxicated he had to be replaced," said another.

Both spoke on condition of anonymity.

But the comments have caused some controversy.

"It is absolutely not the case that everyone at the talks is drunk. All the people doing the negotiating are sober," a third diplomat said.

Bottoms up!

ZIP Game profile

Mar 5th 2013, 1:10:30

i have made some nice headaches for FA's when i have been drunk and hit the wrong country.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 5th 2013, 8:56:52

the UN should just grab the smaller countries by the ankle, lift them in the air, and smack the money out of them.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 5th 2013, 12:26:21

CONFIRMED!
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2013, 12:55:32

haven't we all zip lol ! ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Erian Game profile

Mar 5th 2013, 13:26:50

Cheers!

UltraMarines Game profile

Mar 5th 2013, 14:08:03

hah

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 5th 2013, 17:29:26

Originally posted by ZIP:
i have made some nice headaches for FA's when i have been drunk and hit the wrong country.

You have given me headaches as a prez while you are afa and who knows what you are on.........

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Mar 6th 2013, 3:33:04

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
the UN should just grab the smaller countries by the ankle, lift them in the air, and smack the money out of them.

So they can buy more booze??

Mar 6th 2013, 8:22:32

the money isn't spent on booze. it's spent on booze tax which pays for poor people who can't afford to buy their own booze. don't think the people at the UN are having any problems with buying booze.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 10:30:02

Yeah but why pay when you can force the little guy to pay for you??

Mar 7th 2013, 10:35:59

maybe that's why the negotiations were taking so long.