Verified:

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 26th 2013, 21:47:55

He grabbed one guy there who already is almost at 3m Jets, and has 2 top 25 O allies. Not to mention he is an indy with 80+stored turns to play. lol

Good luck bobby
The EEVIL Empire

OneMansArmy Game profile

Jan 26th 2013, 21:50:30

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
60 days * (48+6) turns a day = 3240 turns.

Give or take a bit, depending on how many +6 login bonuses you get.

It is always 60 days.

Thanks, I didn't know if we counted the first day or not. So if someone spent all their bonus points on turns they would have [60 days * (48+6 turns/day)]+(60 days * 4 bonus turns a day)+(~8 week set * 2 bonus turns a week) = 3,496 turns.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 26th 2013, 21:56:39

Serp let's not be giving away things that take a spy op or two to know here. I'll be honest I didn't know about the O allies b/c I didn't ally spy the guy, so I benefited from your post.

Not trying to be a jerk, just saying...

OneMansArmy Game profile

Jan 26th 2013, 22:14:01

Maybe he is bluffing to make you hold back turrets and reduce the supply on the market! lol

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 26th 2013, 22:31:18

heh, never thought of that.
The EEVIL Empire

herbs12 Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 4:06:03

Moustache

What a unique word ehe?

grimjoww Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 4:48:47

turrets got stuck :/

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 4:57:22

Worrying about military price? lol.

You guys should be worried more when food goes to $60.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2013, 4:58:22

They're not cashers however so they're not :)
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Karim Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 6:33:21

Both my jets and turrets got stuck for 2 days now.....bah
-[Panzer Division MD]-

blid

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2013, 6:36:20

Haha, all this talk about stuck military goods is so weird because prices still haven't dropped out of the 140s? Same as they ever was.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Rob Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 6:45:33

Speaking of prices - sell tech cheaper too

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 6:45:39

Most everyone was selling in the 150's though.
The EEVIL Empire

Karim Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 6:46:22

Actually i was selling for 170-180s :p
-[Panzer Division MD]-

OneMansArmy Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 7:04:40

Originally posted by Rob:
Speaking of prices - sell tech cheaper too

Getting there soon. After the next 5-10 days I think most of the big Techers will be done land grabbing. At which point they will spend most of their turns Researching. The sharp increase in supply should cause a decrease to the price shortly after.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 16:57:39

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Worrying about military price? lol.

You guys should be worried more when food goes to $60.

Every person I grab is a farmer. I'm not worried about food heh

Rob Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 19:16:10

Im very worried about food. I cant afford anything else to be expensive with tech and military being as expensive as they are.
Also, if tech doesnt come down, everyone else will just be playing 2nd fiddle to techers

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 19:25:22

I told you Rob, we're fighting for top casher spots, not top 10 spots. :P

Exactly the same way Crest was fighting for top techer spot last set (and finished 11th), except the situation reversed!

With Bibigon apparently giving up his country, tech supply isn't boding well.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2013, 19:32:54

Originally posted by Serpentor:
He grabbed one guy there who already is almost at 3m Jets, and has 2 top 25 O allies. Not to mention he is an indy with 80+stored turns to play. lol

Good luck bobby
A guy with 3m jets that doesn't attack and has top o-allies, hmm. I think that deal is working in the opposite of the way you're thinking, haha

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2013, 19:42:36

Originally posted by blid:

Good luck bobby
A guy with 3m jets that doesn't attack and has top o-allies, hmm. I think that deal is working in the opposite of the way you're thinking, haha

Serp found a leechee
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Magellaan Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 20:51:50

So when's food going to $60? :P My reset seems completely lost with the low food and high tech and military prices. It felt so much easier playing techer last set than farmer this set :(
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2013, 20:55:39

It'll start going up a bit in early Feb and keep going up til mid Feb.

Bee Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 21:45:49

Man cashers have it super rough this set huh.. high tech prices = less food produced so once techers start stocking food prices will jump fast which will help farmers, but hurt cashers even more. Glad I'm a techer =D

So here's a question, if ally commies/techers play right, does high industrial tech result in higher military prices due to commies not being able to buy as much tech so lower military produced/supplied or are tech prices high for industrial because commies are selling military at higher prices and have more money to buy tech/drive up prices due to more demand?

afaik Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 1:06:12

i think your first statement is correct Bee.

the reason for this market condition IMO is too few techers. a lean tech supply means despite there being lotsa commies, none are producing efficiently yet (low techs). this means there is room for more indy-countries which maintains the reasonable mil prices despite the large number of c/i's.

many have also been holding off buying techs due to the loony prices, so demand for tech is a few days/weeks behind the actual gametime i.e. still very high.

this will also drive the food peak a little later in the set, as it will take longer for everyone (apart from techers) to reach their stocking position.

it really is a techers set - as well as the high tech prices, they can also start stocking before the food price spike arrives.

blid ftw!

AndrewMose Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 1:17:35

I picked the wrong set to tech.

At these prices techers may spend a few more days growing, which would keep proces higher longer, and keep food lower longer. But as soon as the top 4 techers spend two full days teching, food will jump.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2013, 1:44:24

#106 will win

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 3:07:54

#188 will win

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2013, 3:18:32

As far as i know a techer has never won. If one were going to, this might be the set, but they don't for a reason. I think commies and cashers can still make it to 140m this set... not sure how high a techer can go but I think crest holds the record at only 126m, and #188 ain't crest.

afaik Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 6:03:07

I'm not so sure on the 140m... my money would sit more around 130m for top commie... it feels very far behind normal in every aspect aside from land (serp made this observation and I agree) and with these tech prices there could well be potential for a new highest techer yet... over 126m that you point out is held by crest. I think it could be some way over, but there's a long way to go yet... and a lot depends on the bushel market now as to how well the cashers / farmers can bring themselves into contention.

All things considered, I'd definitely keep my money on a techer... but you're right to point out it's not yet a foregone conclusion.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2013, 6:14:41

I know tech is expensive, but military prices are high as well. They were 120 at this point last set and of course dipped down under 100. We'll see what happens this time. But you say "every aspect aside from land"; land is a major aspect. The James Craig is @ 40,920 acres as of 1/28 0:30. SV Sounds, for example, was at 30,346 acres acres on 11/28 last set.

Rob Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 7:17:32

I predict #188 to break the record this set

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 7:25:50

Yes, but EEVIL WAR MACHINE was at 36k acres last set and 36k acres this set on those dates. Last set at that point I was we'll ahead of the pack. This time I'm 2nd to a country who is displaying fantastic target selection and perfect 20 hr log ins.

My point, land is not ahead this set, its on par. Only one is well ahead. Tech for most indies is about 20-25% behind last set.

It will be very interesting to see how big a difference this expensive tech will make to everyone's end nets.
The EEVIL Empire

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 8:09:27

It just means overall NW finishes will be lower for the whole server, because there isn't enough tech points for the same amount of countries as last reset.

To reach the same tech levels, players will gravitate to having smaller land amounts to fit the amount of available tech supply, which again lowers finishing NW on the overall.

In other words, every strategy except techers finishes lower in NW. Techers finish a lot higher in NW (compared to last reset), since techers do not rely on tech % for their production.

#188 might break the record, or he might not - this really depends on how high food goes and how he destocks the food.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 10:55:17

I am going with #106 for the win on this one.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2013, 13:33:49

Yes, but EEVIL WAR MACHINE was at 36k acres last set and 36k acres this set on those dates. Last set at that point I was we'll ahead of the pack. This time I'm 2nd to a country who is displaying fantastic target selection and perfect 20 hr log ins.

My point, land is not ahead this set, its on par. Only one is well ahead. Tech for most indies is about 20-25% behind last set.

It will be very interesting to see how big a difference this expensive tech will make to everyone's end nets.
Ah good point. You did eat that 4k retal though, and finished 126m networth. So one might think 126m is beatable here but then again, tech prices are worse. Maybe 140m was too high an estimate. What do you think about cashers? Xinhuan last set got 147m, but this set is far harder on them.

AndrewMose Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 14:38:36

I believe that #234 is equal to #188 at this point as far as techers go. But I haven't done ops to see how many turns each one has on hand.

Bee Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 15:05:07

With the high military prices, do you think a theo techer will finish better than a tyranny or demo techer? Also the fact that a theo can rebuild to TMBR later or even w/o doing that they have cheaper military prices to destock on.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2013, 16:01:36

Theo techers might have the advantage but I don't see any big ones. Also, military prices aren't THAT high and they'll come down more.

#234 is indeed looking good, less land than #188 but already on a proper gov type for destocking.

I feel like everyone is going to demand high finishes from the top techers this set, like "we paid a lot for this, it had better be good!" Haha.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 16:33:34

Originally posted by Bee:
With the high military prices, do you think a theo techer will finish better than a tyranny or demo techer? Also the fact that a theo can rebuild to TMBR later or even w/o doing that they have cheaper military prices to destock on.

A 30k acre theo techer should never go TMBR.

Rob Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 18:16:47

Originally posted by blid:
Theo techers might have the advantage but I don't see any big ones. Also, military prices aren't THAT high and they'll come down more.

#234 is indeed looking good, less land than #188 but already on a proper gov type for destocking.

I feel like everyone is going to demand high finishes from the top techers this set, like "we paid a lot for this, it had better be good!" Haha.

Yes. I demand it! Thats my money youre winning with you damn techers :)

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2013, 18:26:38

Originally posted by OneMansArmy:
I am going with #106 for the win on this one.
I'm starting to like the looks of #53 as well. I assume he did a tech start, so a question: how deep into the set does a tech starter have a tech lead on indy start commies? At some point does the indy starter close the gap or is the tech starter also buying tech in that time, and maintaining a tech advantage?

OneMansArmy Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 18:43:07

I don't know.. #53 just jumped about 2.2mil in networth today. Maybe to guard against his DH on the #176 (Dictatorship). Personally, I don't like to mess with dictators.. Ballsy move.

AndrewMose Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 18:44:03

the tech difference was gone a long time ago. At this point the 30k pts he teched are less than 1/4th of the tech pts he has. He is catching up just because he is more agressive grabbing.

The Cloaked Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 21:53:02

james craig has a two day land lead on quarantine. I can't get an op on 106 but last set herbs ran with more tech then afaik did. imo, that was about half the difference(the other half was viva's topfeed) in their finish.

my gut tells me a commie will likely carry the day. But I guess we'll see.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 23:03:54

2013-01-28 22:47:07 PS NGC 224 (#27) The James Craig (#106) 1824A (2635A)

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2013, 23:06:22

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
2013-01-28 22:47:07 PS NGC 224 (#27) The James Craig (#106) 1824A (2635A)

That's a retal btw, not a top feed. Looks like that country has a few more prominent commies to retal as well.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 1:09:00

RUN FOR THE HILLS....!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. he gets hit a bunch, then right after I grab he jumps in net. I just about crapped my pants. Too bad he didn't jump an hour earlier, I woulda picked another target. :(

Oh we'll, one of us pays the piper tomorrow. If it helps, I'm sorry! :p
The EEVIL Empire

AndrewMose Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 1:26:38

i spied him and another guy, I can't relent why I didn't grab him, but I'm glad i didn't. although he can't retal everyone who hit him

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 1:28:49

RUN FOR THE HILLS....!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. he gets hit a bunch, then right after I grab he jumps in net. I just about crapped my pants. Too bad he didn't jump an hour earlier, I woulda picked another target. :(

Oh we'll, one of us pays the piper tomorrow. If it helps, I'm sorry! :p

You know what they say about meeting a bear in a forest don't you serp? You don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your friend. GL pumping turrets my friend:P

crest23 Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 1:28:52

@Serp. Lol, I'm sorry he says. Looks like he can live off his retals for a while now.

@Bobby. Right now it's heads, the CIs bend over and he takes his retal, or tails, the CIs try and outrun the retal shooting themselves in the foot. Either way, this could be an equalizer.

edit: There is however a chance that the coin stands on its edge, in this case you will have to ask you know who how to work that.

Edited By: crest23 on Jan 29th 2013, 1:36:58
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.