Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2013, 18:08:05

Discuss

archaic Game profile

Jan 9th 2013, 18:20:11

The mark-up on the drinks is huge, they could give all the burgers away at cost and still make a fortune.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 9th 2013, 18:21:17

not if they're trying to sell it to me.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2013, 18:21:33

What if I order water?

Jan 9th 2013, 18:25:52

is it more expensive than the gas used to idle through the drive-thru?

Sifos Game profile

Jan 9th 2013, 18:25:55

2 doubles, no drink.
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2013, 18:33:27

Msybe dibs

Bigwiggle Game profile

Jan 9th 2013, 21:32:03

I'd say a most definite yes .. cost out the materials and the preparation
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Tin Man

Jan 9th 2013, 22:56:59

just keep a large(preferrably clean) McD;s cup in your car, free pop for life yo

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 9th 2013, 23:02:18

Rant:

I used to be able to order a Double Cheeseburger dressed as a Big Mac and get what I wanted. Now, if I order this, I get a McDouble dressed as a Mac and I pay an extra $.60. This is bullfluff. A Double Cheeseburger has two slices of cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and onion for $1.69. A McDouble has the same, but only one slice of cheese for $1.39. What I want is a $1.69 Double Cheeseburger, but instead of ketchup and mustard I want mac sauce (something they give out for free in packages if asked), and lettuce (a free topping on its own when added to any burger.) But no. I can't do that. In order to have mac sauce (a free sauce) and lettuce (a free topping) on my burger, I need to give up a slice of cheese AND pay an extra $.30. That's bullfluff. I've tried before to order a Double Cheeseburger with no sauce and lettuce and then asked for Mac Sauce at the second window after I paid. They give it to me no problem. So basically if I want what I want I need to assemble it myself. Is this Ikea? It doesn't make any sense. I understand that many people started asking for the double cheeseburger like a mac and it's become it's own hamburger which can be priced separately, but all the toppings are free when added on their own. It's so dumb.

Edited By: hawkeyee on Jan 9th 2013, 23:07:56
See Original Post
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2013, 23:16:26

That is screwed up Hawkeyee...

But lets think about this for one dollar you get:

1. Bun
2. 2 Meat patties
3. Cheese
4. Ketchup & Mustard
5. Onions
6. Pickles
7. Wax paper wrapping
8. Paper bag
9. Napkins

Am I missing anything?

How the hell can all this cost less than $1.00 when you account for the labor and utilities that go into making it.

Jan 9th 2013, 23:17:09

oh. a rant. :-) I'll be doing that about Comcast for a bit. 2 fraudulent bills from them in the last 30 days.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 9th 2013, 23:18:37

Dibs I think you are a fraudulent customer.

Jan 9th 2013, 23:31:07

entirely possible. might not even exist at all. could just be a computer simulation.

Pain Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 4:02:59

Originally posted by Requiem:
That is screwed up Hawkeyee...

But lets think about this for one dollar you get:

1. Bun
2. 2 Meat patties
3. Cheese
4. Ketchup & Mustard
5. Onions
6. Pickles
7. Wax paper wrapping
8. Paper bag
9. Napkins

Am I missing anything?

How the hell can all this cost less than $1.00 when you account for the labor and utilities that go into making it.

you are over estimating what they pay for said ingredients. when i was sent to do some work in a mcdonalds kitchen a few years ago i found a pricing sheet lying on a table showing what it cost them for each type of food. i dont remember the burger pricing (it was super cheap) but what i do remember was they only paid $.04 per chicken nugget, i remember that specifically cause i was pissed that they charged (at the time) $7 for a 20 piece nugget that only cost them $.80 lol

remember they make money through volume also. even if they only make $.30 on a mcdouble, selling millions of them adds up.
Your mother is a nice woman

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2013, 4:05:47

Yeah i know you're right because they are in business to make money... It's just crazy.

Tokyousr Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 4:32:42

the hamburger : 89cents
the cheeseburger : 99cents

THE DIFFERENCE : a frikkin slice of cheese for 10cents

a double cheeeseburger : 1.19
a McDouble : 1.00

THE DIFFERENCE : a frikin slice of cheese for 19cents.

Genuis.

oats Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 4:38:39

We're talking double the profit margin with that increase cost for the cheese slice.

But the real question to ask is: What is the price of diarrhea to society?

bstrong86 Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 5:02:53

Mmm bacon mcdouble...

/goes to mcdonalds

Prolly pay 30¢ for one slice of bacon...
The Death Knights

XI

Zahc Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 5:05:51

they got everyone addicted to them for 1$ now they jacked it up to 1.29 or some fluff. outrageous!

best bang for the buck is the stacker at BK.
llort orp s`fos

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jan 10th 2013, 5:32:37

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
Rant:

I used to be able to order a Double Cheeseburger dressed as a Big Mac and get what I wanted. Now, if I order this, I get a McDouble dressed as a Mac and I pay an extra $.60. This is bullfluff. A Double Cheeseburger has two slices of cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and onion for $1.69. A McDouble has the same, but only one slice of cheese for $1.39. What I want is a $1.69 Double Cheeseburger, but instead of ketchup and mustard I want mac sauce (something they give out for free in packages if asked), and lettuce (a free topping on its own when added to any burger.) But no. I can't do that. In order to have mac sauce (a free sauce) and lettuce (a free topping) on my burger, I need to give up a slice of cheese AND pay an extra $.30. That's bullfluff. I've tried before to order a Double Cheeseburger with no sauce and lettuce and then asked for Mac Sauce at the second window after I paid. They give it to me no problem. So basically if I want what I want I need to assemble it myself. Is this Ikea? It doesn't make any sense. I understand that many people started asking for the double cheeseburger like a mac and it's become it's own hamburger which can be priced separately, but all the toppings are free when added on their own. It's so dumb.

Solution: You can not be frugal and lazy at the same time. They are pricing in convenience. Stop being THAT lazy and assemble things yourself.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

de1i Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 5:54:20

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 6:07:49

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
Rant:

Solution: You can not be frugal and lazy at the same time. They are pricing in convenience. Stop being THAT lazy and assemble things yourself.

So now it's lazy to expect a fast food chain to deliver fast food? And it's frugal to complain about charging two different prices for two identical products?
Minister
The Omega

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 7:13:51

Therein lies the problem. It is not two identical products.

One is pre-assembled (with fees attached) and the other one is DIY.

Works exactly the same when you buy DIY furniture and computer parts.

ColoOutlaw

Jan 10th 2013, 10:23:44

Of course they make money on a mcdouble...economies of scale.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 13:17:12

Originally posted by ColoOutlaw:
Of course they make money on a mcdouble...economies of scale.

This

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 10th 2013, 15:02:44

Rant:

So now it's lazy to expect a fast food chain to deliver fast food? And it's frugal to complain about charging two different prices for two identical products?

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Therein lies the problem. It is not two identical products.

One is pre-assembled (with fees attached) and the other one is DIY.

Works exactly the same when you buy DIY furniture and computer parts.

Pwnt.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 20:51:49

The time it takes to put mac sauce on a burger is identical to the time it takes to put mac sauce in a bag. The extra cost is the packaging of the mac sauce packet. So they're actually saving money buy putting it right on the burger yet they're charging more for it.
Minister
The Omega

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 10th 2013, 20:55:27

You are still missing the point. It is the convenience to you, and not them, that they are charging for. It takes YOU more time before you can eat it with your modification than it would if they slapped it together as you prefer. So you pay for it to save you time, not theirs.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 10th 2013, 23:25:36

Their job IS my convenience. They're in the fast food industry. The whole industry is based on convenience.
Minister
The Omega

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2013, 23:48:33

You are still missing the point. It is the convenience to you, and not them, that they are charging for. It takes YOU more time before you can eat it with your modification than it would if they slapped it together as you prefer. So you pay for it to save you time, not theirs.

You don't understand it doesn't make sense. Typical big business for you.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 11th 2013, 0:34:28

It makes sense to me... You always pay less for a simpler product O_O
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 1:04:10

It makes sense to me... You always pay less for a simpler product O_O

But it's not simpler. Or cheaper.
Minister
The Omega

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 1:42:25

Whenever you make a special order at McDonald's here, they always take note of it, take time to add additional notes in the order, and when the burger finally arrives, it actually has a "Special Order" sticker on it so it is not confused with the standard burger.

Yes, it costs more work since they have to modify the normal routine for the same burger, even if it is supposed to cost less if you had asked for the burger with no sauce and cheese at all.

Tokyousr Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 2:08:47

if every fast food industry went by this theory, they would have been bankrupt long ago, this is the stupidest point of view ive ever heard in my life.

customer satisfaction is the number one priority, next to good tasting food at a cheap price. mcdonalds built their empire based on the theory that they can meet customer demands better than anyone out there. if they went by the theory "yea we save money, but since its convenient to u, were gonna charge u more, who would continue to eat there?

saving money on the macsauce package = 5cents (roughly estimating... probally costs less.. but including the plastic package cost, transport fee, and the auctaul sauce, im guessing its somewhere around 5cents)

they serve over 50million customers a day world wide.
if just 0.1% of those customers wanted the cheeseburger with macsauce, thats 50,000 packets a day, x 365days a year which equals over $950k a year.

hawkeyee Game profile

Jan 11th 2013, 2:11:47

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Whenever you make a special order at McDonald's here, they always take note of it, take time to add additional notes in the order, and when the burger finally arrives, it actually has a "Special Order" sticker on it so it is not confused with the standard burger.

Yes, it costs more work since they have to modify the normal routine for the same burger, even if it is supposed to cost less if you had asked for the burger with no sauce and cheese at all.

But you don't. It's a modification that occurred so often that they actually have it in their system as its own burger without any extra special stickers or receipts.
Minister
The Omega

pallet Game profile

Jan 14th 2013, 22:26:39

*shakes his head in disbelief at this thread*

MauricXe Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 14:49:12

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 15:53:03

You guys really need to stop eating this garbage

Oceana Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 16:12:00

interesting thread... and for more food for thought. Why at Hardee's (which I would say has by far the best food of the burger places), does making a sandwich a meal cost various additional amounts. I believe this is the same at McD's but they (McD's) I think give various sizes with the different meals.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2013, 16:55:48

They don't make a dime off me. I refuse to buy McDonald's since they cheaped up the McDouble by stripping off that one measly slice of cheese and moved the doublecheeseburger back to the regular menu. Screw them. The Steer In made better burgers anyway.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

NightShade

Jan 26th 2013, 19:19:20

http://money.msn.com/...2b-40ca-9dbe-928b06f9f84a

I refuse to buy McDonald's after sometime in the 1990s they changed the composition of their beef, and it started making me sick to my stomach every time I ate there.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks