Verified:

Makinso Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 15:07:41

what happened to the expansion that was going to be made venturing into becoming a facebook game.

Not prying here just wondering.

bertz Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 15:10:42

Can we put it in G+ first?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2013, 15:12:08

I have a feeling it has to do with the lack of time on our developers hands right now.

I'd like to see it on facebook. I'm not sure if it would give the game a sustainable boost in players but it's worth a try.

One problem I foresee is getting the word out there that this game exists. If you think about it you know there are probably 10's of thousands of people in the world who would enjoy a game like this however they will never discover it.

They really need to think of a cheap, free, and efective way to get the product awareness out there to the masses and hope to capture just a fraction of a percent of the people!

archaic Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 15:41:35

We need to get a booth here:

http://jointmathematicsmeetings.org/jmm
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2013, 16:16:31

i had the thing completely done and working in facebook; I was playing through FB daily for a few months as testing. i saw Mars completely tank via facebook due to lack of documentation and a toxic player environment and we thought "ya... maybe we should work on that stuff first".

it turned out that, in general, few folks were interested in seriously helping us with the content or growing the game and most who did offer to help were more concerned with their own self-interests. it's one of my bigger disappointments. (and I say that about the content creation specifically, which has never gotten off the ground; not about efforts in general, which overall have been outstanding)

at this stage, the new stuff I'm writing will be able to work in Facebook, Google+, Android apps, you name it. Resolution and platform will no longer matter. it's just a matter of creating the appropriate wrapper. i'm kind of glad we didn't go to other platforms because the web has changed a lot and we never had the kind of instant get-hooked game that was going to make EE a farmville or something. We're niche; we go into things knowing that as a certainty.

Edited By: Pang on Jan 12th 2013, 16:52:13
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

echlori Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 16:29:54

Nice to hear!

zygotic Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 21:25:16

I'm just glad to hear we have someone running the game that cares :)

gradeA

Jan 14th 2013, 2:37:42

<3 zygotic

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 14th 2013, 2:43:07

yes :)

Also, i've asked pang to hold off on any major changes until my back-end changes go in, as i don't want to have to merge two major change sets, that would be ridiculously painful

I rolled it live the other day, but then reverted; I'm not sure if I'm 100% ready to go live again, but i'm testing it atm to see...

Might roll it live again tomorrow when I know I'll have more time.
Finally did the signature thing.

Pain Game profile

Jan 14th 2013, 2:44:47

facebook is lame
Your mother is a nice woman

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 14th 2013, 3:44:21

Facebook is lame but its a way to reach a lot of people in one spot.