Verified:

Makolyte Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 18:27:32

I don't have much experience with destocking at all, and I was just wondering if commies do stockpiling/destocking? If so, how?
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 18:58:13

hit cash button

Makolyte Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 19:05:42

haha, thanks dude.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 3rd 2013, 23:57:22

You should get military tech, bus/res tech, and expenses bonus (and obviously indy tech most of all). You don't need a big stockpile, you just need a lot of land, great techs, and a lot of time. You'll spend more money on techs than you will on food for your stockpile.

Buying out your private market gives about 6 networth per acre per turn. Cashing as a commie indy gives about 2.4 networth per acre per turn. It's a slow destock, but it gives a lot more networth per dollar.

Makolyte Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 13:35:33

I thought about this and was wondering, if you buy out the private market and are selling your units, wouldn't you just end up selling those private market units for a loss? Or do you buy out whatever units you aren't producing, i.e. tanks/troops?

Edited By: Makolyte on Jan 4th 2013, 14:37:05
See Original Post

AzNiZe Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 15:59:21

you don't... buy out from private only if your military sold for outrageous price on public market..i usually put enough military to buy out my private for $249 and up the last 48hrs..make sure you buy up or you're screwed

Edited By: AzNiZe on Jan 4th 2013, 16:01:37
See Original Post

Rockman Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 17:19:43

Other strategies buyout their private market for the last few days of the set, but commie indies cash their turns instead, and don't buy from their private market until the last few minutes of the set.

When I said buying out your private market gives 6 networth per acre per turn, and cashing as a commie indy gives 2.4 networth per acre per turn, I meant it to show that a Commie destocks at 40% of the pace of a similar sized non-indy. I did not mean to imply that a Commie should buyout their private market at anytime before the last 5-10 minutes of the set.

Makolyte Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 19:59:31

Oh, that clears it up for me. Thanks Rockman :D

oldman Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 2:48:21

Destocking as a commie on different servers is gonna be different. So it really depends which server you are asking about.

For Express/Tournament - Just stock up maybe $1.5b-$2b and start hitting the cash button to use up your remaining turns. Sell enough to ensure you have enough cash to finish your turns.

For Primary - there're 2 ways to go about doing it. The first is pretty similar to express/tournament - stock up $2b and start hitting the cash button. At the end of each day, sell so that you get to $2b again and repeat the process until the end. The 2nd way is to stockpile for a while (depends on how big is your country) and get enough stockpile to run all your remaining turns without having to sell again.

The above methods are valid for countries up to approximately 150M nw.

For alliance server, where your country could potentially be bigger than 150M, you would want to stockpile much longer i.e. you will have more stockpile required to run your turns up to 150M nw or so. The remaining stockpile will then be spent on the private/public market (depending on prices) as NW gained while running turns at 150M nw or so is probably not worth the expenses incurred anymore.

This is the general idea, of course there are a few things you can do to make your destocking more efficient, but I will not be covering them here.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 6:05:57

Oldman speaketh the truth!
The EEVIL Empire

Makolyte Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 20:32:01

Thanks oldman. I'm on the alliance server and just started stocking.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 20:36:58

I'll have to try netting in alliance one day. I hate playing all explore though.
The EEVIL Empire

Marshal Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 21:06:11

you can grab land from small untaggeds or if alliance has grabbing list with other alliance then from that list (1 attack per day).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

d.drifter Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 12:53:15

hey guys, i forgot how to de stock after being in absence from the game of 8years.

i'm playing in express and have 2days left in the set. what do i exactly do? sell my spies in private?
do i buy food?
do i sell my mil to the public market?
do i buy tech?

sorry i'm quite clueless and don't understand much what you guys are saying above. LOL

synoder Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 19:43:52

you want to use up all of your cash to gain nw which means buying military. Normally it is cheaper on your private market so buy it from there. Don't sell your spies or military unless you are an indy (meaning producing and selling military as income) and you need the cash to run turns.

The best way to learn is to play either alliance or ffa and join an alliance that can teach you the ropes again.

AndrewMose Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 20:02:54

d.drifter your first step is to get to a point where stocking is the right choice. In express you should still be growing. In the last 500 or so turns you will want to hold as much cash as possible and wait to spend it.

If you are a commie, then you spend your cash by simply running turns until your expenses have ate through all of your cash.

If you are any other form of government you will want to buy military from the public or private market.

Note: in express it is rarely worth your while to stock food, oil or tech before your jump. Just hold onto cash even with the corruption.

ht86 Game profile

Feb 26th 2013, 19:47:19

yes, mostly cash turns so you produce more military.