Verified:

cwalphaa Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 22:25:12

I'm curious to see what people are thinking about the US gun control especially in the wake of the latest mass shooting at the Conn school

locket Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 22:25:41

Read the threads below this that have pages of discussion

iNouda Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 4:12:15

Thread Locked.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Dec 20th 2012, 5:19:23

you wont stop a crazy person from getting a gun.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Pain Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 5:22:10

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
you wont stop a crazy person from mass killing people with whatever is available.
Your mother is a nice woman

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 20th 2012, 13:51:38

You wont stop anyone from getting a gun. There are millions of unregistered guns on the black market, just in USA alone.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 20th 2012, 14:28:51

nerve gas doesn't kill people.. people kill people? :P

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

trumper Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 14:48:07

Originally posted by martian:
nerve gas doesn't kill people.. people kill people? :P

Since it doesn't naturally occur, then someone triggered it's release, so yes, back to people killing people. Obviously nature kills some people, ergo last night's Animal Planet River Creatures about bull sharks nabbing folks.

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 15:00:33

Why was this thread created? There are two or three other threads--created very recently--which are discussing this exact same topic.

I did a little Google research on the creator of this thread, and found some very interesting tidbits:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CwalphaA

http://lbp.me/u/CwalphaA

http://www.last.fm/user/cwalphaa

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/members/cwalphaa.html

http://community-beta.kabam.com/...-cwalphaa&tab=aboutme

http://www.gameinformer.com/...ers/cwalphaa/default.aspx

On most of those sites, this user just creates an account, then does pretty much nothing at all with it. He seems to be most active on his YouTube account. The ICQ number he has in his EE profile has the name of "Douglas Buder" as its owner (which matches the first name in his EE profile). Odd thing is, I can only find one person named Douglas Buder--age 45-49--in the U.S., and, since this user's EE profile and ICQ profile both indicate that this user is only 28, I am going to conclude that "cwalphaa" does not live in the U.S., and therefore has no legitimate reason whatsoever to start this thread.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

PaceBooM Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 15:15:51

Huh, NukEvil?!

I'm interested in the U.S. gun control, even though I'm not from the U.S. nor living there.

Why would I not be allowed to also start a thread concerning the topic?

Kinda weird/ ignorant reasoning on your side.

I see the point, though, as to not needing another thread concerning that topic.

NukEvil Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 15:42:44

If you're interested in learning the views on gun control in the U.S., you can go to CNN.com or any number of other U.S. based websites to get all the information you will ever possibly need. Or, you can just read the other threads on this topic.

It's not weird or ignorant reasoning. I see what appears to be a "new" member trying to drum up responses to a hot topic (which has absolutely NEVER happened in this community before, nosirree), and I feel it's best to nip it in the bud before this user gets too comfortable here.

Of course, we're both currently posting our views on a U.S. -relevant topic on a message board of a site based in Canada, so there's that part to consider.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 17:52:19

You got bored huh, NukEvil?

crest23 Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 18:13:17

Wow, nuk, that's was pretty good.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Klown Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 18:19:29

Originally posted by cwalphaa:
I'm curious to see what people are thinking about the US gun control especially in the wake of the latest mass shooting at the Conn school

Do you really need to ask? Half think that gun control should be enacted and will provide statistics about the gun violence rates in other countries that have enacted gun control. The other half thinks that gun control should not be enacted because "guns don't kill people, people kill people" and will provide statistics about violent crime rates in states with stricter gun control compared to those with less. One half thinks the other side is "ignorant" and the other half thinks the other is "stupid and gay". At the end of the debate no progress is made. The end.

Edited By: Klown on Dec 20th 2012, 18:21:39
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 18:22:41

Nuk, you got me curious now and I clicked the links you posted. His song choices on lastfm are certainly curious to say the least.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 21st 2012, 0:05:32

if a preschool child hits another child with a rock, the solution is not to give them all rocks:P

plenty of things can kill people including people, nature, and falling space debris:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 0:09:50

don't have to give them any rocks. they can pick'em up from the same place as the first child did.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Dec 21st 2012, 0:15:00

last i checked, adults were in control of the guns. if their gun is used in a crime, throw them in jail. hmm, what about stolen guns... bah, throw in jail for letting their gun get stolen. just throw everybody in jail and let them eat cake.

Dec 21st 2012, 0:33:52

don't see any reason to disarm the civilians until the police disarm first.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 21st 2012, 0:36:31

well cars kill way more people than guns.
you also need a liscence to drive one.
And no one is worried about the government comming to take everyone's vehicle away.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Dec 21st 2012, 1:00:48

drive without insurance and see how long you get to keep your car.

Xintros Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 4:17:11

Nice investigative work NukEvil on this 'New User"
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 4:39:57

Cars aren't made to kill. There is your difference. Anyways the creator of this post is just searching the site for psyco's like that jered laughner guy. Was that his name?

I'm sure the site must be monitored after that loser was here.

/me waves to FBI agent Johnson.
The EEVIL Empire

Dec 21st 2012, 5:24:55

/me waves to the other FBI agent Johnson.

Magellan Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 6:30:19

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 2nd 2013, 17:00:19

This is an excellent video for this topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK7WrsnuDPc
LittleItaly
SOL Vet

Schilling Game profile

Jan 2nd 2013, 17:57:08

Gun control: Using both hands.

Makolyte Game profile

Jan 2nd 2013, 19:05:17

Holy shiz NukEvil, i admire your information gathering / deductive reasoning. Hey mods, geolocate OP's IP to see if Nuk is right.
--------------------------------------------
Alliance: VP of Death Knights
FFA: XI warrior
--------------------------------------------

BigRedDog

Jan 2nd 2013, 20:02:43

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 2nd 2013, 20:03:19

Well, the thing about deductive reasoning is that, if you don't deduct enough possibilities out of the information processed, you end up possibly being wrong. For example, I failed to take into account the simple possibility that the information entered into those user profiles could be wrong. He may not actually be 28, his name may not actually be Douglas Buder, the hyperlinks I posted may not be to profiles of the same person, etc. The YouTube profile I linked to shows the user as being in the United States, so it might be that of a different person.

It seems I may be back peddling, but until someone proves me wrong, what can anyone else do, right?

Oh, BTW, the user may be using a proxy in the US to access this and other sites, so be careful of depending on using whois tables to determine the country of origin based on an IP address.

XiQter MD Game profile

Jan 2nd 2013, 21:34:23

I think that it would be so much cooler if americans used swords to kill eachother instead of guns, its abit of a fluff play if you ask me, I could settle for spears aswell...

You dont suppose someone has suggested this to NRA?

Skulls of Dominion Game profile

Jan 2nd 2013, 21:40:31

lol it would be nice but then you wont be able to own any of them.

Jan 2nd 2013, 21:45:49

it dont matter what you do if someone wants to kill someone else he/she will find a way. so why take someone elses right to feel safe in this crazy world away.

XiQter MD Game profile

Jan 2nd 2013, 21:50:00

but wouldnt you feel alot safer if you had a bastardsword and a nice lightweight kiteshield knowing that you can cleave your foes face ear to ear?

The Cloaked Game profile

Jan 2nd 2013, 21:58:13

haha

"Don't go to clubs with metal detectors."

Oh, Chris Rock.

As a non-american my stance on gun control is obvious. But I don't really know if a school shooting is going to change anyone's mind one way or the other. I mean if you love burgers does hearing that millions are gonna die of being fat and hundreds of millions will bloat up like balloons stop you from loving burgers? Probably not.

Jan 2nd 2013, 22:04:57

lol to heavy bro people have grown weak and lazy. bun to all the game of throne people and the old finale fantasy rpg players would love it.

and before u think im making fun of anyone im a fan of both hence how i know about them lol

voltron Game profile

Jan 2nd 2013, 23:51:08

There should not be any gun control here.

You don't have to worry normally on the person that has the concealed weapon. it is normally from someone that got them on the back market and or stole them from someone else.

You are dealing with a person that was sick and unfortunately was probably thinking how he would be famous in dying. That is the best way he came up with unfortunately killing innocent kids. If he killed himself we would not be talking about him because.

But training people to fire and use the guns. I am not opposed to having teachers carrying guns. But you need training so that they know if they have to pull they can fire for the kill. I guarantee you if you go to a Movie down in Florida where I live besides the police officer on duty 15% of the customers are all carrying a gun sadly it is a way of the world now.

Goofy Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 1:06:00

Timothy McVeigh killed a lot more people without using one single gun. They didn't ban fertilizer or racing fuel afterwards. If someone wants to cause problems, there are many ways besides guns.

Sublime Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 2:24:45

For all those talking about the assault weapons ban: More people were killed from 2005-2009 with blunt instruments than were with all rifles, assault rifles included. If you want to slow down gun deaths, pistols are the best target....but i think it cures a symptom not the root cause. The US population is a violent culture, and we have some issues with mental illness. Work on those two items, and we will drive the problem continually south (where it has been going for the last two decades -down 40%-).

http://www2.fbi.gov/...ion/data/shrtable_08.html

mrford Game profile

Jan 4th 2013, 4:38:50

Originally posted by Sublime:
For all those talking about the assault weapons ban: More people were killed from 2005-2009 with blunt instruments than were with all rifles, assault rifles included. If you want to slow down gun deaths, pistols are the best target....but i think it cures a symptom not the root cause. The US population is a violent culture, and we have some issues with mental illness. Work on those two items, and we will drive the problem continually south (where it has been going for the last two decades -down 40%-).

http://www2.fbi.gov/...ion/data/shrtable_08.html

+1 sup subby
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Sublime Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 1:24:08

40!!!!! Come fluff with us in #sof....we miss you!

snawdog Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 1:28:31

Gimme a Louisville Slugger..mebbe we can get MLB banned..
Get real yall..We need education,not more government,,,And remember some folks are gunna kill no matter what,even if they have no weapon other then a fruit cake to choke you with..True story..
ICQ 364553524
msn

Sublime Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 1:52:20

Or we could ban drugs....that's worked so well to eradicate the problem.

iNouda Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 7:52:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db0Y4qIZ4PA

He's got some good points.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2013, 17:47:53

Originally posted by Goofy:
Timothy McVeigh killed a lot more people without using one single gun. They didn't ban fertilizer or racing fuel afterwards. If someone wants to cause problems, there are many ways besides guns.

isnt it regulated tracked and controlled because of that now though?

unlike say bullets

snawdog Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 1:43:59

Move to Kentucky,Iowa,Indiana,Idaho...ect..ect,and see how much fertilizer and diesel fuel are regulated...
ICQ 364553524
msn

Pain Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 2:46:50

Originally posted by enshula:
Originally posted by Goofy:

isnt it regulated tracked and controlled because of that now though?

unlike say bullets

no
Your mother is a nice woman